Author Topic: Bulpett: if C's miss out on Horford/Durant, expect Mozgov and Mihimi as targets  (Read 8803 times)

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Gross. I'd much prefer trading for Noel.

Whatcha givin' up? And please don't say James Young and a 2nd.

How about James Young and two 2nds :)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I hope we can do better than Mahinmi, or Mozgov. If this is best we can do we should probably just bring back Sully on a short deal, since neither of those guys should be counted on to play 25-30 minutes a game for the entire season.

Under absolutely no circumstances should Sullinger be brought back, imo.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I say again - oh for crying out loud ::). Ugh. This is why the draft is so important, and if we're not going to get anyone of consequence through free agency, the least we could have done, imo, would have been to have signed Daniel Ochefu after he went undrafted, but nooooooo ::). Sigh.

This is where Celticsblog gets to be really, really fun...

All year I have to come on this site and see posts like "Time for Mickey" or "We have our rim protector.  Jordan Mickey."

Then, free agency hits.  And I get non-stop views of "I want Hassan Whiteside" or exasperation to "Expect Mozgov."

It really is funny.  Follow the logic and see why we just might wind up exactly where everyone wanted during the season.

CelticsBlog is always really, really fun ;D.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Doesn't Indy need Mahinmi? I think he was their starting Center
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Mahinmi is a ver good player. He's no all-star by any stretch, but he is a legit, solid , starting NBA center. We haven't had one of those since Shaq/Perk. Mahinmi is a beast, he is in great shape, he is active and has good hands for a guy his size. A very good defender and rebounder, and a decent offensive player in the paint.

Mozgov is totally wasted on the Cavs. In a system that appreciates his talents, he can be a force in the middle. We should sign Mozgov regardless of the Horford/Durant deals if possible.

Ainge said a while back that there were many talented players wasting away at the end of NBA benches, and he was hoping to get some of them. I guess he considers Mozgov one of those players.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

They will have Myles Turner ready to take over this season I think, and Mahinmi will cost them more than they want to pay for a backup.

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Well guys, we haven't much choice, have we? Nobody wants to come here bc we aren't that good and the City of Boston isn't a destination.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I'd love Mahinmi. No thanks on Mozgov. Would rather have Zeller. He'll likely be cheaper.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

They will have Myles Turner ready to take over this season I think, and Mahinmi will cost them more than they want to pay for a backup.

Oh. I thought Myles started at the 4.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/30/12074448/date-pushed-back-on-amir-johnson-and-jonas-jerebko-deals

So apparently we have until July 7th to decide on JJ and AJ now?? Was that a negotiation with their agents or something?

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Mihinmi looks good until you realize that last season, at 29, was a career best year.  If he goes back to his regular level of production, he's basically a Zeller-level center who just does different things.

The only encouraging thing is that this report indicates that Ainge recognizes the need to upgrade the bigs and get a real center.

Mike

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Oh. I thought Myles started at the 4.

He did last year, but the acquisition of Thaddeus Young naturally pushes Turner to the 5, unless of course they'd prefer to bring him off the bench, which wouldn't make much sense at this point.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Mahinmi is a ver good player. He's no all-star by any stretch, but he is a legit, solid , starting NBA center. We haven't had one of those since Shaq/Perk. Mahinmi is a beast, he is in great shape, he is active and has good hands for a guy his size. A very good defender and rebounder, and a decent offensive player in the paint.

Mozgov is totally wasted on the Cavs. In a system that appreciates his talents, he can be a force in the middle. We should sign Mozgov regardless of the Horford/Durant deals if possible.

Ainge said a while back that there were many talented players wasting away at the end of NBA benches, and he was hoping to get some of them. I guess he considers Mozgov one of those players.

Does that include our own? ;)

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Does that include our own? ;)

Actually yes! He specifically mentioned Mickey and Rozier as examples on our own bench.

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
This is worse than spending the money on Ryan Anderson and Evan Turner.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird