Author Topic: I won't get fooled again  (Read 8818 times)

Re: I won't get fooled again
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I hear you.

I just don't believe anything coming out of the front office any more.

Show me results, and maybe I'll start believing again. But I'm not going to hang my hat on this endless succession of moves that don't advance the product on the floor, like the 2016 and 2017 drafts. Summer league bores me to tears, too.

Apparently a 48-win season with the 4th youngest roster is not a 'result' to you.  But you are a coach so you know what it takes...

19 24 vs .500 or better Teams
14 31 when opponents score more than 100 points

Its about building a Championship contender. We hear all the B.S from Ownership. This Year the money is there. No excuses.
Now we hear Zeller Sullinger Johnson all coming back? HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah it is about building a Championship contender.

That is EXACTLY what they are doing.

And it is much easier to do that in the position the Celtics are in, than in almost any other franchise, and especially starting with a team that almost won 50 GAMES.

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2016, 05:36:10 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
 :)OP ...TP ..for speaking up .....

We could use a little more action and less talk. :)

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Point 2 is the constant excuse coming up for Ainge's performance. Every single time Grousbeck runs his mouth, followed by an Ainge oh-for.

It should be engraved on his tombstone.

I love how DumbBo thinks that 48 wins in the 3rd year of a rebuild is supposed to be an indictment of Ainge's performance.

Name calling really advances your point. You really got me there. I'll have to take a couple of days off to recoup from the name calling, before I come back with the appropriate maturity level of response. Something like "sticks and stones ..."

It's still far more intelligent than anything you've posted recently. By the way, there are 29 other teams out there. I'm sure there's a team and a community that enjoys losing and whining about it just as much as you do.

Doesn't seem like every poster agrees with you.

Funny, I don't see anything in the forum rules requiring toeing the company line. Lots of rules about abusive posts, things like that, but nothing like "everyone has to agree with every single thing Danny Ainge does."

And no, 48 wins does not impress me. Not in the slightest.
it's fine to question the direction

But it's weird to complain about the people the people who support the direction of the team.

We're all apologists and exuse makers apparently

-

We are in such a better position than most other teams

I hope we get durant so everyone can shut it (and so we'll be top notch)

I hope bender becomes an all time great

I hope we continue to gain more wins every year (like we have been)

I hope all the haters can begin to appreciate the position we're in (i know, i know. Crazy talk, right!?)

At least we're all hoping for the same result

You might want to read that entire exchange again - unless you're fine with abusive posts against people who don't think Ainge has performed well.

While his post was out of line, you're not completely innocent in this.  The majority of your posts are extremely condescending toward other posters
I'm bitter.

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I sympathize with the OP, rollercoaster of the draft/FA period can be exhausting. Especially given an entire industry is trying to work us up so we click/watch/read.

But that's sports now-a-days, if its getting you too worked up step back for a while. And in the end the most probable outcome every season is always failure and/or the status quo with changes around the edges.

Failure to win the championship is normal - we're all very used to that.

But we're failing to put together an exciting team - which is pretty disheartening for a team that had a justified 2-3 year tanking window post Big 3, a BK windfall and big cap space in back to back years.
I mean what's your criteria for excitement? Trading for an all-star who's taller than 6'?

And given we've made the playoffs the past two years, we only "tanked" one year. With only 2 of the BKN picks having come in. The urge for "NOW" is a human one, but not really a reasonable one.

I was disappointed by the draft too, but I get that most of the time things don't come together.

We're looking at another season where the most exciting assets on the team aren't actually on the team - the BK picks and the chance to use cap space on stars instead of rentals.

We're justly skeptical of the ready fire aim approach to team building, but right now we're caught in a ready aim aim aim aim aim aim chain.

It's rapidly approaching the time to fire - either on a win-now trade or getting peak value for our win-now players.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Some good solid glass half-empty negativity on this thread (at least the 1st few pages). 

Raptors
Hawks
Hornets
Pacers
Wiz
Magic
Nets
Thunder
Clippers
Griz
Jazz
Kings
Nuggets
Pelicans
TWolves

These teams have all paid big bucks to GMs, coaches, scouts, etc. and have promised their fans a winning product.  Nonetheless, no championships for any of them... ever.   Cavs would also have been on this list 2 weeks ago.

It's been 6 years since the C's have been in an NBA Finals.   Of course I get disappointed when rumored deals don't get done.    I hope something big happens in the next few days.  But if it doesn't, I'll still be optimistic.  Fool that I am.

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Point 2 is the constant excuse coming up for Ainge's performance. Every single time Grousbeck runs his mouth, followed by an Ainge oh-for.

I love how DumbBo thinks that 48 wins in the 3rd year of a rebuild is supposed to be an indictment of Ainge's performance.

Name calling really advances your point. You really got me there. I'll have to take a couple of days off to recoup from the name calling, before I come back with the appropriate maturity level of response. Something like "sticks and stones ..."

It's still far more intelligent than anything you've posted recently. By the way, there are 29 other teams out there. I'm sure there's a team and a community that enjoys losing and whining about it just as much as you do.

Doesn't seem like every poster agrees with you.

Funny, I don't see anything in the forum rules requiring toeing the company line. Lots of rules about abusive posts, things like that, but nothing like "everyone has to agree with every single thing Danny Ainge does."

And no, 48 wins does not impress me. Not in the slightest.
it's fine to question the direction

But it's weird to complain about the people the people who support the direction of the team.

We're all apologists and exuse makers apparently

-

We are in such a better position than most other teams

I hope we get durant so everyone can shut it (and so we'll be top notch)

I hope bender becomes an all time great

I hope we continue to gain more wins every year (like we have been)

I hope all the haters can begin to appreciate the position we're in (i know, i know. Crazy talk, right!?)

At least we're all hoping for the same result

You might want to read that entire exchange again - unless you're fine with abusive posts against people who don't think Ainge has performed well.
ya

I mean people have been ridiculous on both sides

There's been a lot of weird hate thrown around and it's just strange

I only saw what was quoted so my bad. Apologies
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2016, 06:28:40 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Danny Ainge (and his son) suck majorly at drafting.  That is plain and simple.  To keep bring up the big three won't change this fact.  He had one job...one job only, which is not to blow our only chance (one we haven't had in a very long time) at getting a star or a potential star, but no...that is not Danny's style.  He sat in that room with his handy men and thought, "hmmm...how many ways can I f'k this up?  Somebody, quick!  How many ways?"..."Oh yea, why don't we just pick a name out of the hat on who to pick at number 3?"  "How about that guy, Jaylen Brown?"

The Bulls wanted all Brooklyn's pick for Jimmy Butler but Danny thought that was too much.  Those precious precious picks we have, right?  Valuable picks we can't let go off, right?  Let's see how valuable those picks really are...Jaylen Brown.  Oh yea...

One post read "Danny don't have the magical power to change player's minds."  This is a blind excuse if I've ever seen one.  There are certainly moves he could've made to make his proposal to Durant or Horford or Dwight more appealing.  Instead of unloading most or all the picks on a star to lure KD, now he's got to seat across from him while twiddling his thumb thinking how to sell IT as a great talent.

Now as far as hope, don't.  Please don't do that to yourself.  Remember summer of Love?  Lol.  Fireworks?  More like a flickering candle light.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:50:32 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2016, 06:52:51 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
This should be the new Celtic's motto:

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:19:12 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2016, 06:55:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Danny Ainge (and his son) suck majorly at drafting.  That is plain and simple.  To keep bring up the big three won't change this fact.  He had one job...one job only, which is not to blow our only chance (one we haven't had in a very long time) at getting a star or a potential star, but no...that is not Danny's style.  He sat in that room with his handy men and thought, "hmmm...how many ways can I f'k this up?  Somebody, quick!  How many ways?"..."Oh yea, why don't we just pick a name out of the hat on who to pick at number 3?"  "How about that guy, Jaylen Brown?"

The Bulls wanted all Brooklyn's pick for Jimmy Butler but Danny thought that was too much.  Those precious precious picks we have, right?  Valuable picks we can't let go off, right?  Let's see how valuable those picks really are...Jaylen Brown.  Oh yea...

One post read "Danny don't have the magical power to change player's minds."  This is a blind excuse if I've ever seen one.  There are certainly moves he could've made to make his proposal to Durant or Horford or Dwight more appealing.  Instead of unloading most or all the picks on a star to lure KD, now he's got to seat across from him while twiddling his thumb thinking how to sell IT as a great talent.

Now as far as hope, don't.  Please don't do that to yourself.  Remember summer of Love?  Lol.  Fireworks?  More like a flickering candle light.

These posts are great. You add so much fun to the discovery of what Jaylen Brown will become.   I admire how sure of yourself you are.  You haven't any doubt that JB will be an embarrassment to DA.  I, on the other hand, have no idea.  But, once again, I am glad to be hopeful.

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2016, 07:08:47 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

These posts are great. You add so much fun to the discovery of what Jaylen Brown will become.   I admire how sure of yourself you are.  You haven't any doubt that JB will be an embarrassment to DA.  I, on the other hand, have no idea.  But, once again, I am glad to be hopeful.

I'm just being realistic instead of living in lala land like most people.  If Danny's drafting record is any indication, this is another horrible decision.  What made this more hurtful than those other ones is that it was the number 3 pick.  Number 3 pick for godsakes, and he blew it.

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:07 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
This should be the new Celticblog's motto:

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here

FTFY
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I'm just being realistic instead of living in lala land like most people.  If Danny's drafting record is any indication, this is another horrible decision.  What made this more hurtful than those other ones is that it was the number 3 pick.  Number 3 pick for godsakes, and he blew it.

I love reactions like this. Before watching a 19 year old shoot one shot in an NBA game, you have written him off. I think the term hater applies here.

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

I doubt he blew it, but continue to be sad and angry -- your posts feed the fire. 

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

As does telling me to 'grow up' after I simply made a joke, which was only preceded by completely convoluted logic whereby not being able to accept and understand the different views expressed by others somehow equates to paranoia.  Umm, what?  Your insults would mean more if I could decipher them ;).