Author Topic: FA contingency plan (idea)  (Read 1314 times)

FA contingency plan (idea)
« on: June 30, 2016, 11:05:40 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Just a quick thought,

If the Cs miss out on big names and are looking to retain future cap flexibility and assuming Sully isnt coming back I propose the following.

trade 2019 Clippers pick and Young for Ilyasova (one year left on deal OKC needs caps space)

resign Amir to another 1+1 deal give him $12-$14 per

give Jerebko the option of picks up $5mill option or signing an $8mill 1+1

The addition of Ilyasova and loss of Sully hurts the team on the boards but would improve the floor spacing with a true stretch 4.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: FA contingency plan (idea)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 11:15:22 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
OKC is trying to move Kanter.

I'd rather have him, even though they gave him a crazy contract.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 11:33:55 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

tell me more about Kanter.  I've always been intrigued by him but that intrigue has been crushed by an onslaught of celtic blog critics who think he stinks.

1.  What could Brad do with Kanter that's better than what OKC used him for?
2.  Is his offense worth it?  Can he compare at all with Brook Lopez in that way or is he 2 rungs down
     from Brook?
3.  Which current Celtic would he pair with well in the front court?  It's nice to imagine him next to
     Mickey if Mickey could hit 3's but how is that pairing otherwise (if let's say Mickey is good enough
     to start playing 15 minutes a game)?  Amir next to Kanter?  And free agents: 
     Next to Horford?  I'm guessing Kanter next to KO would be a mistake on defense but I don't know.
4.  Is he better than Monroe on defense?
5.  As the team currently stands I would assume he'd start for the Celtics.  Is there a free agent or
     trade for a guy you'd like to start next to him?

Answer any or all...gracias! 

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 11:34:20 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I doubt DA will want to be tied to Kanter for the next three seasons at around 18mill
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 11:37:05 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

tell me more about Kanter.  I've always been intrigued by him but that intrigue has been crushed by an onslaught of celtic blog critics who think he stinks.

2.  Is his offense worth it?  Can he compare at all with Brook Lopez in that way or is he 2 rungs down
     from Brook?
3.  Which current Celtic would he pair with well in the front court?  It's nice to imagine him next to
     Mickey if Mickey could hit 3's but how is that pairing otherwise (if let's say Mickey is good enough
     Next to Horford?  I'm guessing Kanter next to KO would be a mistake on defense but I don't know.
5.  As the team currently stands I would assume he'd start for the Celtics.  Is there a free agent or

I don't love his offense, but he has more than any of our current bigs. He's a little bit gangly and awkward, but they got Illyasova to move him. They won't keep him.
I can't imagine him next to Mickey because I can't imagine Mickey, except in the legend that's been created for him - without tangible evidence - on this blog.
I am better than Monroe defensively. Kanter can defend.
I personally don't expect the Celtics to sign a free agent at all - Kanter is available because OKC wants Horford and they are a far stronger team than we are - so I don't know how to answer the last one.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

from Brook?

I don't love his offense, but he has more than any of our current bigs. He's a little bit gangly and awkward, but they got Illyasova to move him. They won't keep him.
I can't imagine him next to Mickey because I can't imagine Mickey, except in the legend that's been created for him - without tangible evidence - on this blog.
I personally don't expect the Celtics to sign a free agent at all - Kanter is available because OKC wants Horford and they are a far stronger team than we are - so I don't know how to answer the last one.

Good info thanks!

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

from Brook?

Every thing I've read about Kanter is that he is a poor defender. Why are you saying that he can defend?

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Be messed up if KD meeting with C's may be KD pitching Kanter and Sabonis for AB and Sully. Ouch

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:57 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
Because I see a lot of him out here.

He's an average defender, probably better in Stevens system.

The people who say he's a poor defender don't know what they are talking about.

There's a lot of average in Kanter, and I hate his contract, but he's better than Kelly the Softie, for one, and he's got more offense than Amir. He's a clear upgrade over what we have - if we want that stupid contract. Not going to get Illyasova. Presti is smarter than that.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 12:08:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

There's a lot of average in Kanter, and I hate his contract, but he's better than Kelly the Softie, for one, and he's got more offense than Amir. He's a clear upgrade over what we have - if we want that stupid contract. Not going to get Illyasova. Presti is smarter than that.
If Kanter is an average defender then why the hell doesnt he play more. He has per 36 stats of 22 and 14 and he comes off the bench and only gets 21 mpg. Furthermore, didnt his minutes go down in the playoffs?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

If Kanter is an average defender then why the hell doesnt he play more. He has per 36 stats of 22 and 14 and he comes off the bench and only gets 21 mpg. Furthermore, didnt his minutes go down in the playoffs?

Because CelticsBlog has created this myth that Kanter is bad at defense, and the weak-minded Billy Donovan bought into it.  If CoachBo were in charge, the Thunder would have won 82 games this year and swept every series in the playoffs
I'm bitter.