Author Topic: We don't have double max cap space EDIT: solved, ty The One and saltlover  (Read 6523 times)

Re: We don't have double max cap space
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 11:16:40 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Hey Sundance:

Nice try on this, but you've miscalculated max salaries.  It's difficult to know what they'll exactly be, because there are some hidden numbers in the calculation.  But the biggest thing is that they aren't exactly 30% of the cap.  They are 30% of the cap if it were calculated slightly differently.  Here's a link to Larry Coon's site where it's explained slightly better -- he tweeted that the max would be $26.4 million, so we do have room for two.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

saltlover is the GOAT poster when it comes to contracts.
that he is. but i am also happy to see sundance join the ranks of CB accountants. it should be fun to see what the two of them come up with.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 01:24:59 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Hey Sundance:

Nice try on this, but you've miscalculated max salaries.  It's difficult to know what they'll exactly be, because there are some hidden numbers in the calculation.  But the biggest thing is that they aren't exactly 30% of the cap.  They are 30% of the cap if it were calculated slightly differently.  Here's a link to Larry Coon's site where it's explained slightly better -- he tweeted that the max would be $26.4 million, so we do have room for two.

that he is. but i am also happy to see sundance join the ranks of CB accountants. it should be fun to see what the two of them come up with.

Haha, TP thanks. It's all very interesting but I have a long way to go if I want to reach the knowledge of saltlover!

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Hey Sundance:

Haha, TP thanks. It's all very interesting but I have a long way to go if I want to reach the knowledge of saltlover!

It's easy to get to saltlover's level

1. Read entire CBA (and all old ones)
2. Condence it into a bunch of FAQs
3. Come up with a pen name to publish it with (or I guess use your own)
4. Publish the FAQs online and make sure they become popular
5. Vehemently deny that you made the FAQs, even though we all know you did, saltlover

;)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 02:12:39 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Worse case scenario we give Young to a team.

I think that's a GREAT scenario.

We might give a second for that or a late 1st maybe. Who knows, Danny appears to get fleeced by other GMs since he had too many assets and picks accumulated.
But I agree, it's a great scenario, if that's happen.
Excuse me, but when was this a common occurrence? Didn't we just suffer through threads that moaned and groaned, or conversely cheered and rejoiced, in Ainge being too tough a trader?

As for dumping young, didn't Ainge. Do something similar with fab melo? I think he stapled a second rounder to his back and shipped him off. No?

I just believe that the last 2 seasons, no GMs wanted to deal with Boston because they have too many picks and assets. They deal with other team instead and let Danny with his predicament of picks. It worked out for 2 seasons, we had to pick 4 players last season and 6 this season.
Danny had to lose a trade to get read of #31 & #35 which are great value pick. A late 1st is a much worse return.

That is an insane theory and only makes sense if the entire league was actively working against Ainge or the Celtics.  If you want a pick, you aren't going to Brooklynn to get it, you go to the team with the most picks.   This year, with all the cap space out there, I think teams wanted to go for vets because they had the money to spend.  In 2018 it will probably shift way the other direction.