Author Topic: there is something special  (Read 2596 times)

there is something special
« on: June 30, 2016, 05:07:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
about drafting and growing your young players and that includes trading for unfulfilled talent
that needs to be put in a position to succeed
there was something special with brad and his group of overachievers, fun to watch,scrappy and defensive minded-my type of celtics
i think alot of fans are enjoying this style of rebuild, a rebuild danny has fashioned from the breaking up and trading celtic icons and being rewarded with nets picks-that took courage and luck but it is danny who puts us in that position and he is doing it again with money for two max
i love summer league and more so this year-the collection of rookies along with last years picks
the matchups and competition for a limited amount of spots
on top of that the drama of free agency, who will stay, who will go and who will sign
big time excitement as we watch for news
but for me the countdown to summer league-hoping we find our own in brown or yabusele
and the excitement of watching mickey,bentil,rozier jackson and rj and young
and then the matchups facing ingram,simmons,the shooting of heild/ murray then there is bender and chriss
the celts are beginning to find length and atleticism but are drafting  for small ball
will free agency bring a true rim protector or a shooter who drains threes-
basketball just got exciting year round because of danny--

i'm now wearing a heart monitor since yesterday seems i developed a right and left bundle branch block been one of those years
its danny's fault ,fire the guy  for making the celtics exciting year round-

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:41:41 AM by rollie mass »

Re: there is something special
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 05:30:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Tp. In some ways watching al Jefferson develop was just as exciting as following the team when they were contending.  I keep hoping Marcus will show similar improvement.  Year 3 is usually a key one.

Looking forward to watching jaylen brown.  It looks like he has a ton of potential. 

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 05:48:57 AM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
about drafting and growing your young players and that includes trading for unfulfilled talent
there was something special with brad and his group of overachievers, fun to watch,scrappy and defensive minded-my type of celtics
i think alot of fans are enjoying this style of rebuild, a rebuild danny has fashioned from the breaking up and trading celtic icons and being rewarded with nets picks-that took courage and luck but it is danny who puts us in that position and he is doing it again with money for two max
i love summer league and more so this year-the collection of rookies along with last years picks
on top of that the drama of free agency, who will stay, who will go and who will sign
but for me the countdown to summer league-hoping we find our own in brown or yabusele
and then the matchups facing ingram,simmons,the shooting of heild/ murray then there is bender and chriss
the celts are beginning to find length and atleticism but are drafting  for small ball

i'm now wearing a heart monitor since yesterday seems i developed a right and left bundle branch block been one of those years

Good luck with the health Rollie.. Also, couldn't agree more. Love the complexion of the Celtics right now. The blog has its moments but it is all just a part of a great culture. TP my man.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 06:16:03 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149

Hope with medication and treatment your health improves. You add a lot to this group.   

I realize your statement, "fire the guy for making the celtics exciting year round" was pretty much done tongue in cheek. But, there may be some validity to it. With the Celtics playing better many of us spend more time sitting in front of our computer screens and/or lying on the sofa watching games. As for myself, if the C's are playing poorly I tend to go to the gym more. Sitting all the time is not good for our cardiovascular system. Thus, in a convoluted way it may be healthier for us when Danny makes bad trades or drafts poorly.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 07:22:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Get well, sir.  Best health wishes Rollie.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 07:26:16 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

TP Rollie!

Hope you're alright  :-[
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Rollie,

I will be praying for your health my friend!!  My wife has a bundle branch blockage on her left side that was discovered in her mid to late 40's that seems to be genetic and run in her family.  Best wishes!!  You always offer very insightful posts that I read quickly once seeing your name!!!

Take care,

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 07:45:18 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I always tell my GF, that my favorite thing is basketball is watching the young player develop.
Better than watching a whiny, spoiled, Lebron or Wade try to injure other players and get a free pass from the refs.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 07:56:34 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Tp. In some ways watching al Jefferson develop was just as exciting as following the team when they were contending.  I keep hoping Marcus will show similar improvement.  Year 3 is usually a key one.

Looking forward to watching jaylen brown.  It looks like he has a ton of potential.
And Avery Bradley, and Kelly Olynyk, and the restoratiopn of Evan Turner, and managing turn Jordan Crawford into an asset
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 08:48:54 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
First, good luck with your health. Hope things improve soon.
I also really enjoy watching young players develop. that's one reason I'm not sad the Celtics drafted Brown as opposed to trading the pick. I enjoyed watching this young team more that many other years, when perhaps they were more championship ready.
I know I'm in the minority, but I'd prefer to watch this team, to a championship team built around a bunch a guys I don't like the Cavs. Don't really like anyone on that team.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Nice post, Rollie.  Get well soon!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 09:46:25 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

And Avery Bradley, and Kelly Olynyk, and the restoratiopn of Evan Turner, and managing turn Jordan Crawford into an asset

i think avery is very close to his ceiling
i look forward to seeing what kelly can do
this is a bit of a watershed year for him
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Right there with you man, love watching the  young guys grow..  I have high hopes for KO and Smart..  Wonder what an Off season will do for Hunter and Rozier.. Also super Excited about the Addition of Brown..  Unique position Danny has us in this year.. We can make a stab at a title without having to sell out on our Future..

Couldn't help to dream when this years Crop sat at the Table a couple of days ago.. Like you could actually see those guys being the starters at every position 5 years from now (to bad Jackson wasn't their)
IF that group stays together, in 5 years we could look back at this draft and think, [dang] - that was the start of it all..

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 06:09:14 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247

Take good care of yourself.

I am also optimistic about the Celtics. It feels like the current group is going to get one or two great players to give them a chance against LeBron.

It will be fun to see how the roster changes. If we aren't getting Dwight or Horford, I think we should roll the dice on Zizac. Zeller doesn't have much fire on defense. He reminds me of Krstic. Serviceable with a bit of style.

This Jaylen Brown kid sounds great and resolves any undue pressure put on Young and Hunter. It'll be important for Jaylen to smoothly fit into the rotation, as is the case with Zizac or anyone else who sneaks into playing. Will Jordan Mickey get his chance? What about Amir Johnson? It comes down to a waiting game. If Danny lands a pure center through trade or free agency, other dominoes might fall. It's already looking very shady that Evan Turner returns based on our #3 pick to go with Rozier and maybe even Demetrius Jackson.