Author Topic: Personally I can't wait for KD to sign  (Read 561 times)

Personally I can't wait for KD to sign
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:26:49 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
anywhere.  literally anywhere.  It gets so tiring reading these boards before free agency every year because of everyone and their mother assuming we're just going to sign the biggest name available.  If KD signs here clearly we'd all be thrilled but seeing a billion posts talking about how great we'll be if we sign Durant and Horford or how Durant maybe wants to play with Howard takes away the luster from what makes this place so great so often.

So let's try this: let's assume KD signs anywhere else (color me one of the ones that sees a 1 year reup w/ okc in his future; possibly before he takes any other meetings even) and Horford stays in ATL - what would you want to see as the Celtics plans B and C in free agency?

Admittedly under those circumstances Howard becomes much more palatable to me.  That may seem obvious under the banner of "you're a hypocrite, he'd be the next best FA available and you're giving him to us."  But 1 - it's not nearly that cut and dry to say that him being the next best is true; and 2 - I come at it from the standpoint of, at least for the next year, he'd get everything he wants from a franchise.  A chance to be the monster in the middle he still believes he is or can be, and a guy that will have plenty of chances to have the offense run through.

Short of that, I'm not sure there's anyone I'd want us to fall over ourselves to get.  The contracts are going to get bananas (I'll believe Noah is only going to cost $18M for the knicks when i see it).  Maybe I could live with Marvin Williams on a short big money deal ($40/2 with an option for a 3rd).  And with no Howard I'd like to see us throw a 1 year prove it deal to Mozgov assuming his market isn't huge.

What about you?  What are your hopeful backup/realistic plans outside of SIGN BIG NAMES; PROFIT?

Re: Personally I can't wait for KD to sign
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 02:45:27 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm gonna worry about plans B and C after(if) plan A falls through. For now, plan A is possible so it gonna dominate the forum.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 02:49:16 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm gonna worry about plans B and C after(if) plan A falls through. For now, plan A is possible so it gonna dominate the forum.

I'm glad we talk about Durant.
Way better than the post draft topics and all the Ainge hate.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:05 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I just want him to leave OKC.    I hate the ownership group.

Westbrook has never been a good fit with him.  Durant can win more by leaving.  Also, Westbrook is probably bailing next season anyways.  It's going to be a year of uncertainty there.