Author Topic: Lowe: Raptors are after Noel (and lots of other interesting stuff)  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Sounds like Biyombo is gone.....

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Henson, as he points out, would be a nice option if we miss out on KD/Horford.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So I guess you could say that Zach's got the lowe-down on free agency? ;) ::) ;D

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Interesting about Noel with the Raptors. He certainly can't play with JV, so I'm not sure how much sense that makes. I don't think they have really anything to offer them up anyways (that they're willing to give up). Hopefully not anyways, because I'd still like to chase Noel for a trade, especially with some of the free agents or other trades we might make.

I also find it interesting that Atlanta is very hesitant to give that fifth year to Horford, which seems to be the only reason he might want to stay there over going to a better place like Boston. That could definitely help us convince him to sign here, especially if him and Durant decide on teaming up together.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sounds like Biyombo is gone.....

If they keep DeRozan, they can't afford Biyombo without making a trade, since they don't have Bird rights.

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
After Durant the FA I want Boston to target the most is Biyombo.  Dude is gonna be a double/double machine if he gets starters minutes, and his shot (both his jumper and at the line) continues to improve.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I wont pretend to be too familar with Toronto's assets, but they just drafted Poeltl and have Valunciunas on board already. Noel cant play with either of those guys, and Philly surely wont want either in return because half the reason they are trading Noel is because they already have too many bigs that cant shoot.

So what could Toronto give up for Noel and how would they fit Noel into their system?

Lowry or the unsigned Derozan would both be mega-overpays and after that the only things of value on that roster that I can see would be Powell and Carroll and it wouldnt make any sense as far as I can tell to trade either of those for another center.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Interesting about Noel with the Raptors. He certainly can't play with JV, so I'm not sure how much sense that makes. I don't think they have really anything to offer them up anyways (that they're willing to give up). Hopefully not anyways, because I'd still like to chase Noel for a trade, especially with some of the free agents or other trades we might make.

I also find it interesting that Atlanta is very hesitant to give that fifth year to Horford, which seems to be the only reason he might want to stay there over going to a better place like Boston. That could definitely help us convince him to sign here, especially if him and Durant decide on teaming up together.
There are reports that OKC is also after Horford but to get him they'd have to gut their bench. Boston has the advantage that they could bring in both Durant and Horford and still have their core intact.

I've done too much convincing myself that this is a real possibility over the last month. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment again.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Does Sixers want another big in return for them?

Re: Lowe: Raptors are after Noel (and lots of other interesting stuff)
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 09:38:05 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

There are reports that OKC is also after Horford but to get him they'd have to gut their bench. Boston has the advantage that they could bring in both Durant and Horford and still have their core intact.

I've done too much convincing myself that this is a real possibility over the last month. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment again.

Yeah, if OKC proposes gutting the bench for Horford, hopefully KD is smart enough to know that wont work. That was part of their issue was no bench help.

You add Horford and Durant to the C's they have a VERY good bench. And then you can add an other maz FA and a possible top 10 prospect next year, you're rolling. Maybe bundle a couple youngs and picks for a solid bench player, and maybe get Dudley or Pau. Boston had  aclean slate when it comes to their line up compared to most teams in the hunt.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Classic quote:

"Normally teams don't get much upside from one-year deals; the Kings purchased six months of stat-hoggery from Rajon Rondo, and can now either let him walk or overpay him based on inflated numbers. It's like choosing between cauliflower and lima beans."
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I want nothing to do with Biyombo. He has no offensive skills whatsoever and whoever pays the massive contract he will get as a result of one solid playoff series, will be regretful of it.

After Durant the FA I want Boston to target the most is Biyombo.  Dude is gonna be a double/double machine if he gets starters minutes, and his shot (both his jumper and at the line) continues to improve.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I wont pretend to be too familar with Toronto's assets, but they just drafted Poeltl and have Valunciunas on board already. Noel cant play with either of those guys, and Philly surely wont want either in return because half the reason they are trading Noel is because they already have too many bigs that cant shoot.

So what could Toronto give up for Noel and how would they fit Noel into their system?

Lowry or the unsigned Derozan would both be mega-overpays and after that the only things of value on that roster that I can see would be Powell and Carroll and it wouldnt make any sense as far as I can tell to trade either of those for another center.

Terrence Ross.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Classic quote:

"Normally teams don't get much upside from one-year deals; the Kings purchased six months of stat-hoggery from Rajon Rondo, and can now either let him walk or overpay him based on inflated numbers. It's like choosing between cauliflower and lima beans."

He really threw cauliflower and lima beans under the bus.  He really needs to visit a Yotam Ottolenghi restaurant.