Author Topic: The leaking of the Dwight Howard scheduled visit...  (Read 8101 times)

Re: The leaking of the Dwight Howard scheduled visit...
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 06:41:07 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Don't worry about it.  Dwight and his entourage will come into the room.  They are going to shake hands and exchange pleasantries.  They'll have a laugh about how Dwight reportedly was unwilling to be traded to the Celtics a few years ago.  They'll all sit down.  A helper will come out with a round of beverages and snacks.   Dwight's agent will comment that the cannolis are delightful and ask what flavor they are.  Wyc will say, "Oh those?  That's a pistachio cannoli from Mike's Pastry.  About a 10 minute walk from the TD Garden in the North End."   They'll talk about Italian food for a few minutes.  Eventually, someone will say, "Ok, let's get down to to business".   The room will quiet.  Ainge will lean back in his chair and give Dwight his offer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmIoF_2Q4Y

Bruh.... Just pointing out ur not the first person to use that one here  ;)
Bruh... Just pointing out that I actually WAS the first person to use that on here a couple years ago.  I don't make tired jokes:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85854.msg2122673#msg2122673

This looks like a good time for a dance/type off. You guys down? Winner gets TPs and a hypeman (me) for a week.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 06:47:12 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Does not help us. No superstar wants to play with him. He is a diva and a locker room morale killer. I understand why we are meeting with him (plan b if we are unable to lure Horford) but this absolutely hurts us.

I agree he is a diva.  But he is a big time upgrade over Sullinger in both boards, FG% and blocked shots.

I fear we may well have to do plan B or C by the time the smoke settles.

I loathe Howard's body of work, and as that body of work stands, he will not help the Celtics.

But ... people do change. If he wants to work, and if he wants to realize he is no longer a front-line NBA star, and if he wants to contribute to a team instead of his incessant me, me, me nonsense, I would agree that he is worth a look.

We needed rim protection for years.   I think he would stagnate our offense a bit given his lack of range.  But he could absolutely anchor our defensive line and he is a upgrade of what we have had the last few years.  I think as it stands he would be better than Sullinger do your really think he wouldn't?

I doubt he has changed, part of me thinks we should not want him, too.   But I can see he would be a instant upgrade in our defense.  I just worry about the malcontent aspects.
I am less concerned about rim protection and more concerned about defensive rebounding. C's were a top notch defense last year with some of the worst rim protecting I have ever seen. But their penchant to give up offensive rebounds killed me.

Dwight Howard has the third highest career defensive rebounding percentage ever. That's what I want on this team.

Not on a cap blowing deal. Best I'd do is a 1+1, so there's an out.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Does not help us. No superstar wants to play with him. He is a diva and a locker room morale killer. I understand why we are meeting with him (plan b if we are unable to lure Horford) but this absolutely hurts us.

I agree he is a diva.  But he is a big time upgrade over Sullinger in both boards, FG% and blocked shots.

I fear we may well have to do plan B or C by the time the smoke settles.

I loathe Howard's body of work, and as that body of work stands, he will not help the Celtics.

But ... people do change. If he wants to work, and if he wants to realize he is no longer a front-line NBA star, and if he wants to contribute to a team instead of his incessant me, me, me nonsense, I would agree that he is worth a look.

We needed rim protection for years.   I think he would stagnate our offense a bit given his lack of range.  But he could absolutely anchor our defensive line and he is a upgrade of what we have had the last few years.  I think as it stands he would be better than Sullinger do your really think he wouldn't?

I doubt he has changed, part of me thinks we should not want him, too.   But I can see he would be a instant upgrade in our defense.  I just worry about the malcontent aspects.
I am less concerned about rim protection and more concerned about defensive rebounding. C's were a top notch defense last year with some of the worst rim protecting I have ever seen. But their penchant to give up offensive rebounds killed me.

Dwight Howard has the third highest career defensive rebounding percentage ever. That's what I want on this team.

Not on a cap blowing deal. Best I'd do is a 1+1, so there's an out.
Agree completely.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 11:26:15 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Plan B if we dont get Horford? lol

Dwight Howard is so much better then Horford that it's not even funny.  If Horford had access toa genie, he'd happily use all three wishes it it could make him as good as Dwight Howard has ever been.

The most amusing development today was OKC trying to move bodies to make room for Horford so they can sign Durant? Sounds like they aren't sure of getting Durant.

I'm still trying to figure out how OKC could have a meeting with KD today before the start of free agency.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Plan B if we dont get Horford? lol

Dwight Howard is so much better then Horford that it's not even funny.  If Horford had access toa genie, he'd happily use all three wishes it it could make him as good as Dwight Howard has ever been.

The most amusing development today was OKC trying to move bodies to make room for Horford so they can sign Durant? Sounds like they aren't sure of getting Durant.

I'm still trying to figure out how OKC could have a meeting with KD today before the start of free agency.

Since he played for them last year, they are granted to meet with him before free agency starts if I remember correct.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 07:14:07 AM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Sorry if this was already brought up (I didn't read the whole thread). Didn't durant once call Howard a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.? Not sure durant would want to play with him.