Author Topic: The leaking of the Dwight Howard scheduled visit...  (Read 8095 times)

The leaking of the Dwight Howard scheduled visit...
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Does not help us. No superstar wants to play with him. He is a diva and a locker room morale killer. I understand why we are meeting with him (plan b if we are unable to lure Horford) but this absolutely hurts us.

Re: The leaking of the Dwight Howard scheduled visit...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Howard is still a dominant defensive and rebounding center in the league... Period.

Not the best, but certainly an upgrade and mismatch for teams. We just need shooters. Better ones!

Some players just need the right coach. I think if Ainge feels like he's worth it, then Stevens gotta work with him in the roster.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 11:32:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Does not help us. No superstar wants to play with him. He is a diva and a locker room morale killer. I understand why we are meeting with him (plan b if we are unable to lure Horford) but this absolutely hurts us.
Don't read into it too much.  Dwight would help us.  It's possible Durant wants to play with him.  Never know.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 11:33:31 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
It doesn't hurt us at all. It helps (even a little, and even if we don't sign him) because it shows other guys that, yes, Boston is a real, legitimate destination that players would like to play in.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If we're very lucky KD has both of those guys (Howard and Horford) on his list. In that case you see who will take less to play with him. Maybe even get really lucky and get all three. They all know they are all meeting.

Maybe Horford and Howard both take less and KD never comes, but you end up with one heck of a front line all of a sudden, playing a bit below market value, and now you can get another piece.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 11:41:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Having a player like Howard on board would give the team legitimacy it currently lacks as a wannabe contender.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 12:22:10 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Noah reportedly leaning toward Knicks at around 18 per season. Be great to get Howard at a similar rate.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:28:24 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I dont think it could possibly hurt. If a guy like KD says I dont wanna play with Dwight, you say OK we wont sign him. If a guy like KD says I wanna play with Dwight its lovely cus you have a meeting already
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:32:50 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I loathe Howard's body of work, and as that body of work stands, he will not help the Celtics.

But ... people do change. If he wants to work, and if he wants to realize he is no longer a front-line NBA star, and if he wants to contribute to a team instead of his incessant me, me, me nonsense, I would agree that he is worth a look.

At a good price, and with a clearly defined out to get out of a bad deal if the same old Clown comes to Boston.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 03:32:15 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
If we dont get any other major free agent to bite, we can throw a lot of money at howard as a fall back option.
Similar to the Amir Johnson contract last year.
And a 1+1 near max contract would be such a bad thing looking forward.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 04:06:58 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I wish but i really doubt he accepts 1+1 deal

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 04:11:06 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't worry about it.  Dwight and his entourage will come into the room.  They are going to shake hands and exchange pleasantries.  They'll have a laugh about how Dwight reportedly was unwilling to be traded to the Celtics a few years ago.  They'll all sit down.  A helper will come out with a round of beverages and snacks.   Dwight's agent will comment that the cannolis are delightful and ask what flavor they are.  Wyc will say, "Oh those?  That's a pistachio cannoli from Mike's Pastry.  About a 10 minute walk from the TD Garden in the North End."   They'll talk about Italian food for a few minutes.  Eventually, someone will say, "Ok, let's get down to to business".   The room will quiet.  Ainge will lean back in his chair and give Dwight his offer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmIoF_2Q4Y
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:24:27 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 04:43:09 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Ha ha ha
That was great.  Very funny.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 04:51:32 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
i'll support signing dwight just so long as more stars are coming, and, more importantly, so long as the media promises to call him "dwight" (one syllable) and not "duh-wight" (two syllables).

fitting as it may be, the "duh-wight" thing annoys the hell out of me. i want to slap charles barkley every time he says it.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 04:55:37 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Plan B if we dont get Horford? lol

Dwight Howard is so much better then Horford that it's not even funny.  If Horford had access toa genie, he'd happily use all three wishes it it could make him as good as Dwight Howard has ever been.