Author Topic: Hamptons??!!  (Read 5788 times)

Re: Hamptons??!!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 01:45:28 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Is it just me or is a meeting on the same day as the Spurs the worse possible scenario?

I'm scared. lol

It is kinda bad. They're like the evolved version of us (if you're into Pokémon).
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 01:59:10 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is it just me or is a meeting on the same day as the Spurs the worse possible scenario?

I'm scared. lol

It is kinda bad. They're like the evolved version of us (if you're into Pokémon).
Exactly he's gonna walk away from meetings wowed by the Warriors and Spurs and nothing in between
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:27 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
And you know this how?

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 02:43:50 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I'm scared. lol

People still play Pokemon? 

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 02:52:18 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
More meetings for Kevin Durant: Clippers on Friday, Boston on Saturday and Miami on Sunday -- all in the Hamptons -- league sources say.

So it goes:

Thursday: Thunder
Friday: Clippers/Warriors
Saturday: Celtics/Spurs
Sunday: Heat

Very interesting to speculate about. Maybe Durant is only considering the Celtics and Spurs and wants to compare the pitches.

I think it's broke down that way specifically.

The Clippers/Warriors offer the most starpower, but fit is a major concern with both and they'd both have to significantly lose crucial pieces to fit him.

Miami is a wildcard who nobody really expects him to choose due to their uncertainty, especially with Whiteside looking all but gone, Bosh looking all but medically retired, and Wade having conflict with regard to his contract. However, I think he needed another Eastern Conference team to look at alongside Boston just to wide his options.

The Spurs/Celtics offer the best fit with very similar philosophies, excellent coaching, management, and ownership, and the best fit. The main differences are just location (West vs. East) and one team would have the pieces already set for KD while the other would have KD help choose the pieces around him.

Why do you say that?

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:01 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

I'm scared. lol

People still play Pokemon?

Lol. I don't play it anymore, but I couldn't think of a better phrase to use there. And I assumed people would know what I meant. But, to answer your question, no I don't play Pokemon. But it was a lot of fun when I did play it.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 04:29:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
More meetings for Kevin Durant: Clippers on Friday, Boston on Saturday and Miami on Sunday -- all in the Hamptons -- league sources say.

So it goes:

Very interesting to speculate about. Maybe Durant is only considering the Celtics and Spurs and wants to compare the pitches.

The Clippers/Warriors offer the most starpower, but fit is a major concern with both and they'd both have to significantly lose crucial pieces to fit him.

Miami is a wildcard who nobody really expects him to choose due to their uncertainty, especially with Whiteside looking all but gone, Bosh looking all but medically retired, and Wade having conflict with regard to his contract. However, I think he needed another Eastern Conference team to look at alongside Boston just to wide his options.

The Spurs/Celtics offer the best fit with very similar philosophies, excellent coaching, management, and ownership, and the best fit. The main differences are just location (West vs. East) and one team would have the pieces already set for KD while the other would have KD help choose the pieces around him.

Why do you say that?
Schedules probably have more to do with when people are available. 

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
So the order is

Thunder today then Warriors and Clippers on Friday, Spurs and Celtics on Saturday, Heat on Sunday.  Thunder are trying to schedule another meeting on Sunday after all the other teams as well.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Coach Tim Welsh was the first one to say the Hamptons I believe...maybe he does have connections.

He said last night, he's been talking to people in Durant's camp...even talked to them yesterday.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Coach Tim Welsh was the first one to say the Hamptons I believe...maybe he does have connections.

He said last night, he's been talking to people in Durant's camp...even talked to them yesterday.

Thing is, apparently Welsh said we were meeting on July 4. That's since been proven false.

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

So it goes:

Why do you say that?
Schedules probably have more to do with when people are available.

idk, although I'm quite bias, I still think Boston offers the BEST opportunity to succeed to Durant, well besides his own OKC team

compare to Miami (our only competitor in the East for Durant's service) is

stability, something I doubt Heat has
youth and health (I love Bosh and all, but his heart injuries is almost career ending), Wade's age and if he is willing to stay
the Celtics will definitely be "his team". If Wade stays, the Heat is and was always his team. Warriors will be Curry's team, the Spurs is Leonard's team and even Aldridge publicly said it "this is Leonard's team). That leaves Clippers and OKC out west to really convince Durant that the team will be his. You can argue the clips is CP3's team

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

Thing is, apparently Welsh said we were meeting on July 4. That's since been proven false.

Maybe he meant the 4th was Signing Day-! ;-)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

Maybe he meant the 4th was Signing Day-! ;-)

No there will be Fireworks that we have all been promised that day!!! ;)
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 04:53:18 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
If  I were Ainge, I tell him catch a flight to Boston if your serious and don't waste my time