Author Topic: Hamptons??!!  (Read 5799 times)

Re: Hamptons??!!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 11:34:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm listening to the guy who used to coach PC talking to that meathead Felger on the TV; he says Durant is meeting with the Cs in the Hamptons this weekend--not NYC?

I don't know that it matters at all, but it's interesting.  Old what's-his-name must have some actual sources to drop something that specific, or is he just repeating something he read elsewhere?

Felger hadn't heard it either.

Tim Welsh?

Yep. He also said the meeting could be on Monday, which the C's would end up being on of the last teams he meets with. I think OKC and SA, and one other were on Friday.

Man it's going to be a long weekend. LOL
That would give Danny 2 days to talk to Howard/Horford

True. Hey, maybe we can even (unlikely) get someone to give us a thumbs up, show that to KD too. Or get trade talks going (but from what I understand, that doesn't really happen so early in July right?)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 12:47:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
More meetings for Kevin Durant: Clippers on Friday, Boston on Saturday and Miami on Sunday -- all in the Hamptons -- league sources say.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 12:51:28 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
More meetings for Kevin Durant: Clippers on Friday, Boston on Saturday and Miami on Sunday -- all in the Hamptons -- league sources say.

So it goes:

Thursday: Thunder
Friday: Clippers/Warriors
Saturday: Celtics/Spurs
Sunday: Heat

Very interesting to speculate about. Maybe Durant is only considering the Celtics and Spurs and wants to compare the pitches.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:16 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

So it goes:

Very interesting to speculate about. Maybe Durant is only considering the Celtics and Spurs and wants to compare the pitches.

Lol I really don't think it's that complicated. I'm in fact scared of Durant spending a whole day with Pat Riley.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:46 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I wonder how much Riley payed KD's agent to make a meeting. Wade is 35. Bosh is possibly done. Whiteside is as good as gone.
Clippers sound good, but bench is going to be depleted. Same with spurs. GSW will have to loose Iggy and Barnes.
Boston is the only team that does not have to sacrifice any of their key players to sign KD. And the ability for the team too add more quality players around him for the next several years.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:46 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

So it goes:

that would certainly be the optimistic way to look at this.

The pessimistic way would be that the Thunder and Heat get their own days to dazzle Durant, the Warriors get to present theirs right after the Clippers so Im [dang] sure it will dazzle be comparison and we will give our presentation the same day as arguably the best organization in the league and the team that has our strong points (coaching, stability, and tradition) but just a bit better

before you lose your Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. I understand BOstons got better tradition but San Antonios is way more recent.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 12:57:43 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

So it goes:

I think it's broke down that way specifically.

The Clippers/Warriors offer the most starpower, but fit is a major concern with both and they'd both have to significantly lose crucial pieces to fit him.

Miami is a wildcard who nobody really expects him to choose due to their uncertainty, especially with Whiteside looking all but gone, Bosh looking all but medically retired, and Wade having conflict with regard to his contract. However, I think he needed another Eastern Conference team to look at alongside Boston just to wide his options.

The Spurs/Celtics offer the best fit with very similar philosophies, excellent coaching, management, and ownership, and the best fit. The main differences are just location (West vs. East) and one team would have the pieces already set for KD while the other would have KD help choose the pieces around him.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 12:59:04 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

So it goes:

Lol I really don't think it's that complicated. I'm in fact scared of Durant spending a whole day with Pat Riley.

Durant isn't going to Miami. They're more than likely losing Whiteside to LA, Bosh is almost assuredly going to have to medically retire, and Wade is wanting a deal that he's not worth anymore. I don't see the appeal for him there whatsoever.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:38 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney

So it goes:

that would certainly be the optimistic way to look at this.

The pessimistic way would be that the Thunder and Heat get their own days to dazzle Durant, the Warriors get to present theirs right after the Clippers so Im [dang] sure it will dazzle be comparison and we will give our presentation the same day as arguably the best organization in the league and the team that has our strong points (coaching, stability, and tradition) but just a bit better

before you lose your **** I understand BOstons got better tradition but San Antonios is way more recent.

I won't lose my **** haha. I had thought about what you said. I've just been trying to be more optimistic recently, so I chose to codify the bright side. I figure if the outcome is a borderline fantasy, the process that supposedly will lead to it might as well be a fantasy, too.

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 01:01:45 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

So it goes:

Durant isn't going to Miami. They're more than likely losing Whiteside to LA, Bosh is almost assuredly going to have to medically retire, and Wade is wanting a deal that he's not worth anymore. I don't see the appeal for him there whatsoever.
Ive read that the LA and Miami meetings could be partially to maintain relationships with agents.

No idea how that would make sense but I heard it and immediately decided it was probably be true because it helps our odds.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 01:04:58 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
How will KD fit into the Spurs?
Will it look something like this?
Parker
Green
Leonard
KD
LMA

KD doens't like to play the 4, and LMA doesn't like the 5.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 01:28:19 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

So it goes:

Ive read that the LA and Miami meetings could be partially to maintain relationships with agents.

No idea how that would make sense but I heard it and immediately decided it was probably be true because it helps our odds.

Hmm, perhaps. Do some of those players on those teams have agents that are big and well-known in the NBA? I'm not too up-to-date on that stuff.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 01:30:49 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney

So it goes:

Hmm, perhaps. Do some of those players on those teams have agents that are big and well-known in the NBA? I'm not too up-to-date on that stuff.

Pat Riley and Doc Rivers. I'm sure a new agency like Roc Nation wouldn't want to be on the bad sides of either men.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 01:34:57 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Somebody feed Snoopy and Prickly Pete!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 01:38:38 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is it just me or is a meeting on the same day as the Spurs the worse possible scenario?

I'm scared. lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk