Author Topic: Hamptons??!!  (Read 5779 times)

Hamptons??!!
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:40 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm listening to the guy who used to coach PC talking to that meathead Felger on the TV; he says Durant is meeting with the Cs in the Hamptons this weekend--not NYC?

I don't know that it matters at all, but it's interesting.  Old what's-his-name must have some actual sources to drop something that specific, or is he just repeating something he read elsewhere?

Felger hadn't heard it either.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Hamptons??!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:30:32 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I read it earlier today on bleacher report.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I read it earlier today on bleacher report.

TP.  Figured as much.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:32:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Among the many "KD meeting"-related threads, I didn't see anyone mention us among those who should be in attendance. Celticsblogger trip to the Hamptons, anyone? What if we were the difference makers?!?!?

Imagine the sense of agency we would all be walking/typing around with? Holy moly. We could shock the world.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 10:38:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Among the many "KD meeting"-related threads, I didn't see anyone mention us among those who should be in attendance. Celticsblogger trip to the Hamptons, anyone? What if we were the difference makers?!?!?

Imagine the sense of agency we would all be walking/typing around with? Holy moly. We could shock the world.

It'll probably be the pastiest, pudgiest, nerdiest, least attractive group of tourists the Hamptons have ever seen.

I'll be the glamorous, ridiculously good looking guy in a faded Rondo T shirt.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 10:38:56 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
We sittin' here talkin' bout Hamptons!?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:40:57 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616

Imagine the sense of agency we would all be walking/typing around with?
Holy moly. We could shock the world.

Lol.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm listening to the guy who used to coach PC talking to that meathead Felger on the TV; he says Durant is meeting with the Cs in the Hamptons this weekend--not NYC?

I don't know that it matters at all, but it's interesting.  Old what's-his-name must have some actual sources to drop something that specific, or is he just repeating something he read elsewhere?

Tim Welsh?

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:53 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Imagine the sense of agency we would all be walking/typing around with?
Holy moly. We could shock the world.

Lol.

welsh said he knows people in Durants camp and he is really intrigued by the history of the C's, what they're building and Brad Stevens. However he did say he wasn't sure it was enough...

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

It'll probably be the pastiest, pudgiest, nerdiest, least attractive group of tourists the Hamptons have ever seen.

I'll be the glamorous, ridiculously good looking guy in a faded Rondo T shirt.

Hah! Instant celebrities. Then your stock, in particular, will fly through the roof!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 10:49:35 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Tim Welsh?

Yep. He also said the meeting could be on Monday, which the C's would end up being on of the last teams he meets with. I think OKC and SA, and one other were on Friday.

Man it's going to be a long weekend. LOL

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:41 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Tim Welsh?

Yep. He also said the meeting could be on Monday, which the C's would end up being on of the last teams he meets with. I think OKC and SA, and one other were on Friday.

That would give Danny 2 days to talk to Howard/Horford

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Tim Welsh?

I saw something where Curry and Thompson are getting on a plane to make the pitch in person, as are Duncan and Pop.  Hopefully they're all not on the same plane. #awkward I'm kidding, of course, I know they'll be using their own jets, and someone has to carry Duncan's walker, ahaha ;D.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 11:01:48 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Tim Welsh?

That would give Danny 2 days to talk to Howard/Horford

Yeah he can line up deals and see what KD think of the direction they are going.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 11:07:52 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I don't think he is leaving OKC this year but I do think he will next season. How are the C's not getting more national attention on this? They're a 48 win team with a core of guys on great contracts that are in their mid 20's. They only team that doesn't have to gut their roster and can add another max guy to pair with him? Not to mention two likely top 5 picks to extend his window? For pure basketball reasons the C's make the most sense.