Author Topic: Jaylen Brown dunks on child: 'He said Ben Simmons is better'  (Read 9877 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown dunks on child: 'He said Ben Simmons is better'
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Lol man you beat me to it.  I was going to post this lol.

Welcome to the Celtics, Brown, where we blow number 3 pick on someone who can dunk on children lol.  Waiting for his apologists...
Holy **** dude. What is the ****ing problem? The poor guy, whatever he does, there's gonna be trolls like you and others who are gonna ****ing hate on him. Jeez bro, check yourself.

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions.  And I'm no troll.  It's a fact we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal the with aftermath...

You know what's a fact? That you're in fact a definite troll. The kid hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet. Why don't you hold off judgement until you see him play?

And what aftermath is this? He had a little fun and dunked in a camp. There is literally nothing wrong with this. He hasn't shown anything bad here. He hasn't done anything wrong whatsoever.

I'm not even joking at this point. You need to reevaluate your priorities in life. If all you want to do is blast the front office because they didn't get who you wanted (someone who apparently wouldn't have dunked in a basketball camp), then why don't you grow up and go do this yourself? Go be a GM. Go draft the Dunns of the world, or trade for the Butlers or Noels of the world while depleting your entire team, and then tell me drafting Brown was a bad idea.

Ok, dude.  Here is how you know it's a fact.  Besides Danny having a terrible track record of drafting, besides Jaylen Brown clearly not the best player available at number 3, besides the bad omen of it all, you heard supposedly one of the best GM in the league (and he is in his own right) say "give the kid a chance."

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's not a GM who was sure of his drafting abilities.  That wasn't a GM who was sure he just drafted the best player.

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's what you say about number 16 pick, definitely not number 3.  You don't hear the Sixers saying that about Simmons.  That's because they already knew what the guy is on the court and what he brings to the table.  There is absolutely no question about his abilities or weakness.

Tell me, exactly, and in clear terms, what we've got in Brown.  Please, dazzle me with his special talent that is worth drafting at number 3.

What I fail to understand is why others should even care as much as to 'dazzle you' with reasons why he was picked! Who the hell are YOU? Why does someone need to convince YOU of anything? And who cares about YOUR opinions? Who's check are YOU signing? If you felt it was such a bad pick and decided to jump off a bridge into traffic because of it do you think one person on this site would really care? Get over yourself bruh. ****...the arrogance amazes me! smh

WOW :o.

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 09:21:18 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Welcome to the Celtics, Brown, where we blow number 3 pick on someone who can dunk on children lol.  Waiting for his apologists...
Holy **** dude. What is the ****ing problem? The poor guy, whatever he does, there's gonna be trolls like you and others who are gonna ****ing hate on him. Jeez bro, check yourself.

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions.  And I'm no troll.  It's a fact we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal the with aftermath...

You know what's a fact? That you're in fact a definite troll. The kid hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet. Why don't you hold off judgement until you see him play?

And what aftermath is this? He had a little fun and dunked in a camp. There is literally nothing wrong with this. He hasn't shown anything bad here. He hasn't done anything wrong whatsoever.

I'm not even joking at this point. You need to reevaluate your priorities in life. If all you want to do is blast the front office because they didn't get who you wanted (someone who apparently wouldn't have dunked in a basketball camp), then why don't you grow up and go do this yourself? Go be a GM. Go draft the Dunns of the world, or trade for the Butlers or Noels of the world while depleting your entire team, and then tell me drafting Brown was a bad idea.

Ok, dude.  Here is how you know it's a fact.  Besides Danny having a terrible track record of drafting, besides Jaylen Brown clearly not the best player available at number 3, besides the bad omen of it all, you heard supposedly one of the best GM in the league (and he is in his own right) say "give the kid a chance."

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's not a GM who was sure of his drafting abilities.  That wasn't a GM who was sure he just drafted the best player.

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's what you say about number 16 pick, definitely not number 3.  You don't hear the Sixers saying that about Simmons.  That's because they already knew what the guy is on the court and what he brings to the table.  There is absolutely no question about his abilities or weakness.

Tell me, exactly, and in clear terms, what we've got in Brown.  Please, dazzle me with his special talent that is worth drafting at number 3.

What I fail to understand is why others should even care as much as to 'dazzle you' with reasons why he was picked! Who the hell are YOU? Why does someone need to convince YOU of anything? And who cares about YOUR opinions? Who's check are YOU signing? If you felt it was such a bad pick and decided to jump off a bridge into traffic because of it do you think one person on this site would really care? Get over yourself bruh. ****...the arrogance amazes me! smh

WOW :o.

Ok whoa. I agreed entirely with the first part of his post. But the bold stuff, that's excessive. At the end of the day, we're all part of the Celtics family. No need to say stuff like that.

(But I do agree: we don't need to be spending our own time trying to convince Clench why Danny made the pick)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Lol thank God you have nothing to do with the running of this team.

Y

Of course.  We would have banner 18 up right now (looking forward to 19) if I was running things.
i can't tell if you're just really negative or a major troll

Winning a championship on NBA2K16 =/= Winning a championship in real life.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Blah blah blah...just because you can't come up with anything doesn't mean you should go all crazy.  Step away from the ledge if you're feeling froggy.  I love life too much to indulge in that ****.

You know what, don't step off the ledge.  Say your prayers and jump.  You'd be as meaningless as our number 3 pick this year.  See you at the crossroads  ;D

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 09:28:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Ok, this thread got batty

Group hug!

Off topic, you know who sucks!? The lakers! We can definitely agree on that!! ;D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 09:28:45 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL.  I think it's hilarious.  Knowing most kids, they would think this guy is awesome.
Regardless, the real work is ahead of Brown and he acknowledged that in the interview.
He's saying all the right things.  If his work ethic is as great as it sounds, I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of improvement and exciting developments from Jaylen Brown in the summer league!

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 09:31:15 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ok, this thread got batty

Group hug!

Off topic, you know who sucks!? The lakers! We can definitely agree on that!! ;D

Lol true

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 09:48:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Blah blah blah...just because you can't come up with anything doesn't mean you should go all crazy.  Step away from the ledge if you're feeling froggy.  I love life too much to indulge in that ****.

You know what, don't step off the ledge.  Say your prayers and jump.  You'd be as meaningless as our number 3 pick this year.  See you at the crossroads  ;D

Do you have a problem? You said you don't deal with emotions...this seems like an emotional response to me. Just let it go. True he said some bad stuff (and I know I said "fight fire with fire" earlier, but just forget it. You don't like Brown. Ok we get it. Let's just end it here.

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 10:00:07 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Stop arguing and read the article:

"This is where the rubber hits the road," Brown added. "Now it's time to prove everybody that I'm worth being the No. 3 pick, and it's time for everybody to prove themselves trying to get to that 18th banner. So I'm going to do everything possible while I'm here to contribute to that. I know it takes a long process but I'm willing to put in the work. I'm willing to sacrifice what needs to be sacrificed. I'm ready to go."
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Do you have a problem? You said you don't deal with emotions...this seems like an emotional response to me. Just let it go. True he said some bad stuff (and I know I said "fight fire with fire" earlier, but just forget it. You don't like Brown. Ok we get it. Let's just end it here.

All righty...All opinions are welcome.  Please keep personal squabbles personal.  Thanks.
Yup

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 10:16:35 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ohhhhh hahahhahahaha he's such a community leader what a stand up guy ohhhhhhh Celtics material!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhj the next lebron  ohhhhhhhh

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2016, 10:23:46 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions FACTS.  And I'm no troll. It's a fact MY EMOTION SAYS we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal with the aftermath...

Fixed that for you

Hahaha, TP!

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2016, 10:25:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup