Author Topic: Jaylen Brown dunks on child: 'He said Ben Simmons is better'  (Read 9879 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown dunks on child: 'He said Ben Simmons is better'
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Lol man you beat me to it.  I was going to post this lol.

Welcome to the Celtics, Brown, where we blow number 3 pick on someone who can dunk on children lol.  Waiting for his apologists...
Holy **** dude. What is the ****ing problem? The poor guy, whatever he does, there's gonna be trolls like you and others who are gonna ****ing hate on him. Jeez bro, check yourself.

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions.  And I'm no troll.  It's a fact we blew number 3 pick* and now we've got to deal the with aftermath...

*[citation needed]
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Welcome to the Celtics, Brown, where we blow number 3 pick on someone who can dunk on children lol.  Waiting for his apologists...
Holy **** dude. What is the ****ing problem? The poor guy, whatever he does, there's gonna be trolls like you and others who are gonna ****ing hate on him. Jeez bro, check yourself.

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions.  And I'm no troll.  It's a fact we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal the with aftermath...

You know what's a fact? That you're in fact a definite troll. The kid hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet. Why don't you hold off judgement until you see him play?

And what aftermath is this? He had a little fun and dunked in a camp. There is literally nothing wrong with this. He hasn't shown anything bad here. He hasn't done anything wrong whatsoever.

I'm not even joking at this point. You need to reevaluate your priorities in life. If all you want to do is blast the front office because they didn't get who you wanted (someone who apparently wouldn't have dunked in a basketball camp), then why don't you grow up and go do this yourself? Go be a GM. Go draft the Dunns of the world, or trade for the Butlers or Noels of the world while depleting your entire team, and then tell me drafting Brown was a bad idea.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:05:56 PM by alldaboston »
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »

Offline RedClaw33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Miserable people are just going to be miserable...Ainge could have made almost any move and the posts from these select few would be the same.  Since there is no actually discussion or even talking points its a waste of breath and a waste of type.

2016 Draft Board #3 Pick

Bender>Brown>Dunn>Murray>Hield

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

kek

just the other day Harden dunked on a kid too; and KD did some nasty blocks  ;D

Jesus.  Comparing this guy to Harden and Kevin Durant?  Smh #palmface

I mean...both guys could dunk on a newborn baby and that'll still be better and well regarded than Brown dunking on an NBA talent (if that ever happen)

When did he get compared to KD or Durant?   Stating that they've done the same thing isn't the same as saying they're similar players.  Next thing you know someone is going to say that he's on the Celtics and someone's gonna jump down their throat for comparing Brown to Russel and Bird  ::)

What's next, he'll get criticized for flying to summer league?  "A real player would have walked, but now the Brown/Ainge apologists are gonna come out of the woodwork to defend this slob"

Jim, you're a funny dude, TP.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Kid deserved to get dunked on if he can't back up his trash-talk lol. That's what I thought kid.

And as for Jaylen Brown...meh. He better show us some of these dunks against the likes of Andrew Wiggins, Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, or Carmelo Anthony lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions.  And I'm no troll.  It's a fact we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal with the aftermath...

A fact eh?

I'd laugh if that statement wasn't so freeking  lacking in actual facts that trying to find a rational basis for the statement makes my head hurt, and I don't want to laugh when my head hurts.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions.  And I'm no troll.  It's a fact we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal the with aftermath...

You know what's a fact? That you're in fact a definite troll. The kid hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet. Why don't you hold off judgement until you see him play?

And what aftermath is this? He had a little fun and dunked in a camp. There is literally nothing wrong with this. He hasn't shown anything bad here. He hasn't done anything wrong whatsoever.

I'm not even joking at this point. You need to reevaluate your priorities in life. If all you want to do is blast the front office because they didn't get who you wanted (someone who apparently wouldn't have dunked in a basketball camp), then why don't you grow up and go do this yourself? Go be a GM. Go draft the Dunns of the world, or trade for the Butlers or Noels of the world while depleting your entire team, and then tell me drafting Brown was a bad idea.

Ok, dude.  Here is how you know it's a fact.  Besides Danny having a terrible track record of drafting, besides Jaylen Brown clearly not the best player available at number 3, besides the bad omen of it all, you heard supposedly one of the best GM in the league (and he is in his own right) say "give the kid a chance."

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's not a GM who was sure of his drafting abilities.  That wasn't a GM who was sure he just drafted the best player.

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's what you say about number 16 pick, definitely not number 3.  You don't hear the Sixers saying that about Simmons.  That's because they already knew what the guy is on the court and what he brings to the table.  There is absolutely no question about his abilities or weakness.

Tell me, exactly, and in clear terms, what we've got in Brown.  Please, dazzle me with his special talent that is worth drafting at number 3.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 07:22:39 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Ok, dude.  Here is how you know it's a fact.  Besides Danny having a terrible track record of drafting, besides Jaylen Brown clearly not the best player available at number 3, besides the bad omen of it all, you heard supposedly one of the best GM in the league (and he is in his own right) say "give the kid a chance."

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's not a GM who was sure of his drafting abilities.  That wasn't a GM who was sure he just drafted the best player.

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's what you say about number 16 pick, definitely not number 3.  You don't hear the Sixers saying that about Simmons.  That's because they already knew what the guy is on the court and what he brings to the table.  There is absolutely no question about his abilities or weakness.

Tell me, exactly, and in clear terms, what we've got in Brown.  Please, dazzle me with his special talent that is worth drafting at number 3.

You can't be serious.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I feel like MJ or Kobe wouldve done and said this exact same thing haha.. Take that any way you want to. Just my way of saying... I love it.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152

You can't be serious.

I have a WAYYYY better question for you my friend. Who was available at #3 that has no weaknesses? Because it sounds like you wanted something to appear out of thin air. Which, would be a miracle and certainly fantasy.. But, speaking of fantasy, I want Jaylen Brown to dunk on me.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 07:27:48 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179

"Give the kid a chance?"  That's not a GM who was sure of his drafting abililities.  That wasn't a GM who was sure he just drafted the best player.

I'll bite.

In Jaylen Brown we have a player that can contribute right away at only 19 years old.  He has an NBA ready body, where as many other prospects need to fill out.  Brown has length and athleticism to guard multiple positions, and will be able to play both wing positions on offense and possibly even some small ball four.  He has one of the highest upsides in the entire draft, and a work ethic to reach his potential.  He has shown improvement in his shooting, as evident by his hitting 70+ threes in the Celtics work out drill.  Danny Ainge backed this up and it was reported that Brown "wowed" teams in workouts.  He is already the best athlete in our roster.

Do I need to go on?

Brown offers so much to be excited about, and he fits a position of need for our team.  I love the pick, and I hope once Summer league gets going you will too. 

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 07:31:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

You might want to check yourself, bro ;), as that's not how we conduct ourselves on this site.  Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the forum rules before doing something like this, again.  It's fine if you don't agree with someone, and we all jokingly make fun of each other on here from time to time, but you can't just tell someone that they're a troll or that they need to grow up.  Geesh ::).

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 07:32:50 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
See, Danny struck me as someone who sees a cake and think there must be a hot pie beneath the cake despite no evidence of a hot pie.  He's one of those people who reads a book and think there is more to the story just so they can seem sophisticated and have their "gotcha" moment in the end when in reality a cake is just a cake, a story is just a story.  He did it with Perkins, Jeff Green, JJJ, and so on.

And i've seen that around here as well.

There is no Micheal Jordan sitting underneath Jaylene brown just waiting to be unveiled.  Hell, there is no Paul Pierce or IT there.  Jaylen Brown is just Jaylen Brown...an average at best 19 year old player.  That's it.  A player we'll realize two years from now what a collosal mistake it was to draft him.  I can't count on that though because ppl relish moral victories like nothing else.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 07:33:35 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Sorry, I don't deal in emotions FACTS.  And I'm no troll. It's a fact MY EMOTION SAYS we blew number 3 pick and now we've got to deal with the aftermath...

Fixed that for you

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 07:35:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

kek

just the other day Harden dunked on a kid too; and KD did some nasty blocks  ;D

Jesus.  Comparing this guy to Harden and Kevin Durant?  Smh #palmface

I mean...both guys could dunk on a newborn baby and that'll still be better and well regarded than Brown dunking on an NBA talent (if that ever happen)

When did he get compared to KD or Durant?   Stating that they've done the same thing isn't the same as saying they're similar players.  Next thing you know someone is going to say that he's on the Celtics and someone's gonna jump down their throat for comparing Brown to Russel and Bird  ::)

What's next, he'll get criticized for flying to summer league?  "A real player would have walked, but now the Brown/Ainge apologists are gonna come out of the woodwork to defend this slob"

Yeah, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. Obama (sarcasm).  Wait...;D.