Author Topic: Is Durant, Howard, Horford possible?  (Read 945 times)

Is Durant, Howard, Horford possible?
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:27:16 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Howard and Horford, both entering their 30's, have all the all-star appearances and playoff experience. Any chance they would take a discount to team up with KD?

Say we move one of AB or Crowder and Young+ Hunter. That would free up about 9 mil more in cap space.

Would that be enough to offer Dwight and Horford around 20 mil a piece and still offer Durant a max?

Could see something like

It.        Rosier
AB.      Smart
KD       Brown
Horford.   Mickey
Dwight      KO

Re: Is Durant, Howard, Horford possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Howard and Horford, both entering their 30's, have all the all-star appearances and playoff experience. Any chance they would take a discount to team up with KD?

Say we move one of AB or Crowder and Young+ Hunter. That would free up about 9 mil more in cap space.

Would that be enough to offer Dwight and Horford around 20 mil a piece and still offer Durant a max?

Could see something like

It.        Rosier
AB.      Smart
KD       Brown
Horford.   Mickey
Dwight      KO

Sign and trade would have to occur for one of the players, and even then that's highly unlikely, considering ATL or HOU isn't going to get much in return for those players.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Could see something like

It.        Rosier
AB.      Smart
KD       Brown
Horford.   Mickey
Dwight      KO

Sign and trade would have to occur for one of the players, and even then that's highly unlikely, considering ATL or HOU isn't going to get much in return for those players.

The best hope would be mutual interest between the Rockets and Sully, and we S&T Sully to them for Howard.  There's almost no way otherwise
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 05:45:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Could see something like

It.        Rosier
AB.      Smart
KD       Brown
Horford.   Mickey
Dwight      KO

The best hope would be mutual interest between the Rockets and Sully, and we S&T Sully to them for Howard.  There's almost no way otherwise

Yep, that isn't going to happen.  :laugh:
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Sign and trade isn't necessary if we get to 60 million in cap space first by trading a player to any one of the 20-something teams in the league with cap space to absorb a contract whole and only send back a first rounder, etc. Or do I have the situation wrong?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Yep, that isn't going to happen.  :laugh:

What if the owners of the Rockets also own a bunch of local BBQ places in Houston?  Maybe the increased revenue they'd get if Sully moved there would offset the cap hit they'd take