Author Topic: Vegas' odds on Celtics signing Durant/Howard  (Read 7807 times)

Re: Vegas' odds on Celtics signing Durant/Howard
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »

Offline SaCaCh

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
SO shouldn't Durant bet like 10 mil on the wizards then sign with them for 5mil a year. He gets his money anyway and keeps the cap open ;)

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I'm not a gambler, but aren't those odds designed to "even out" the betting money?
i believe those odds are designed to make a ton of money for the bookies.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 05:15:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Don't know how to read odds. :P

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 05:16:19 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Well that's interesting but he's not even going to meet with the Wizards, Knicks and Fakers

I'm putting 100 on every team that has the odds 1200 and above, I have to win at least one right

Unless he signs with OKC :(

does that mean I owe money at that point? -400? So I owe 40k if he signs with OKC
All it means is you bet $500 to win $100 he signs with OKC, which looks like the big favorite.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 05:18:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
SO shouldn't Durant bet like 10 mil on the wizards then sign with them for 5mil a year. He gets his money anyway and keeps the cap open ;)
i like it, i like it. but the bookies might send someone over to settle things.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Well that's interesting but he's not even going to meet with the Wizards, Knicks and Fakers

I'm putting 100 on every team that has the odds 1200 and above, I have to win at least one right

does that mean I owe money at that point? -400? So I owe 40k if he signs with OKC
a negative number means you have to bet that amount to win $100.  a positive number means if you bet $100 that is the amount you will win.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
i like it, i like it. but the bookies might send someone over to settle things.

I would be surprised if these odds are from anything more than an offshore site in which case the max bet they allow would be 100 or possibly 500 dollars. These props bets have much lower limits than game bets because of the possibility of inside information.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Don't know how to read odds. :P

lol same
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 05:49:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I'm all over the field bet. If I were in Vegas, I'd take it right now.

Mike

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

a negative number means you have to bet that amount to win $100.  a positive number means if you bet $100 that is the amount you will win.

got it, thanks!

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 09:47:34 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Shouldn't Durant drop a couple million on the best payout and join that team?   ;)

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 09:54:43 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The TV networks are probably putting some pressure on KD's agent to sign in NY or LA. I figure it's costing them millions in advertising revenues having losing NBA teams in the biggest markets.

I think Durant is odds on to sign back with OKC. If he doesn't, I think the Celtics have a shot--I don't figure him to sign with a rival team in the West. If the Celtics can sign somebody else like Horford or Howard before Durant, their chances are enhanced. That's why they have to pin somebody down early. I figure Horford is the target. Multi-positioned guy who can rebound.
If they don't get KD, look for them to go after Ryan Anderson--for his 3P shooting. 3P%  and defensive rebounding were their biggest weaknesses last year.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 07:19:20 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
It looks like OKC is trying to clear space to sign Horford, therefore re-signing KD. So, is Horford that much better than Ibaka? He can shoot better but his rebounding has declined and he is like 3 years older. What gives?

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It looks like OKC is trying to clear space to sign Horford, therefore re-signing KD. So, is Horford that much better than Ibaka? He can shoot better but his rebounding has declined and he is like 3 years older. What gives?

If Durant is buddies with Horford, his game does not matter as much as making Kevin, happy...

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 07:59:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Not really.