Author Topic: Celtics will make qualifying offer to Sullinger & Zeller  (Read 7616 times)

Re: Celtics will make qualifying offer to Sullinger & Zeller
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
What if Zeller accepts the offer? I dont know if I can stand to rant about him for another year =/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:53:06 PM by Denis998 »

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 02:04:38 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I want Sully out of that jersey so bad. He's tarnishing the uni with his fatness.

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 05:00:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I still cant understand why Danny made offers

Gsw rescinded the offee on Mcadoo and he became a UFA

If Zully plus Turner comeback....  >:(

Golden State has cap space issues... we don't.

I already linked you to the reasons above. If you can't get that through your head, nothing we can do about it.

Get it through your head. It's a bad move and no need to risk for them to sign

There's no risk.  They can be renounced later--I believe--even if no other team makes a better offer.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 05:57:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
Celtics have made qualifying offer to Tyler Zeller, his agent Sam Goldfeder told ESPN.

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 06:08:16 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Celtics have made qualifying offer to Tyler Zeller, his agent Sam Goldfeder told ESPN.
Now that I think about you can't trade a guy that accepts a qualifying offer?  Is that correct?  The Pistons couldn't trade Monroe after he accepted his Q.O. as I remember.

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 06:13:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Now that I think about you can't trade a guy that accepts a qualifying offer?  Is that correct?  The Pistons couldn't trade Monroe after he accepted his Q.O. as I remember.

That is correct.  Because a player on a one-year deal loses his Bird rights if traded, he has veto rights to any trade.

That said, it would be shocking if Zeller accepted a qualifying offer early enough in free agency to where it would handcuff the Celtics, so the risk is near zero in extending them offers for now.

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2016, 12:33:17 AM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Sign Zeller now...Let Sullinger go elsewhere...Period

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2016, 01:50:04 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

That is correct.  Because a player on a one-year deal loses his Bird rights if traded, he has veto rights to any trade.

That said, it would be shocking if Zeller accepted a qualifying offer early enough in free agency to where it would handcuff the Celtics, so the risk is near zero in extending them offers for now.

That aside, say they get a verbal agreement before July 23... the Celtics can always withdraw the offer correct?

Might p--- off agent relations, but if it's the difference between getting Durant/Horford, then you simply do it.

Regardless, I have a question if there's anything that can occur prior to July 23 that would stop Celtics' right to withdraw offer other than actually signing the contract?

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2016, 02:03:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

That aside, say they get a verbal agreement before July 23... the Celtics can always withdraw the offer correct?

Might p--- off agent relations, but if it's the difference between getting Durant/Horford, then you simply do it.

Regardless, I have a question if there's anything that can occur prior to July 23 that would stop Celtics' right to withdraw offer other than actually signing the contract?

Exactly

The chances of either of these players coming back is decent.   Instead of going elsewhere for 3 years 21 million dollar deals, they take the Celts offer and try to get a bigger contract next season.

Like many have mentioned already, we just cut to cut ties. Instead of the real intention being , JUST IN CASE,   we have these two for next season.   This is worst than a backup plan

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2016, 02:12:51 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Exactly

The chances of either of these players coming back is decent.   Instead of going elsewhere for 3 years 21 million dollar deals, they take the Celts offer and try to get a bigger contract next season.

Like many have mentioned already, we just cut to cut ties. Instead of the real intention being , JUST IN CASE,   we have these two for next season.   This is worst than a backup plan

Sorry, but the chances of either of them coming back at just the QO is not decent at all. It's actually very very low.

You have very limited idea of how the market is going to comport itself. I mean freaking Mozgov just got $16 million per year or so.

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2016, 03:48:19 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Exactly

Sorry, but the chances of either of them coming back at just the QO is not decent at all. It's actually very very low.

You have very limited idea of how the market is going to comport itself. I mean freaking Mozgov just got $16 million per year or so.

I predict Sully will get an offer of 18mill. You heard it here first folks
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2016, 03:31:28 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Exactly

Not saying we should keep them or that they will be kept, but what happened today is precisely WHY the QO was tendered. Hope it's now understood a bit better.

That's all.

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Exactly

I predict Sully will get an offer of 18mill. You heard it here first folks
I agree.  And Zeller will get 10-12.  Not from us though.