Author Topic: What's your 2-minute pitch to KD  (Read 3993 times)

Re: What's your 2-minute pitch to KD
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Have we scheduled an official meeting with him?  I'm semi nervous the meeting will not happen.  Lol

It's on Saturday.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:59 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
My pitch,
We have a good track record as the most historic winning team in the NBA. But we are more than that. We have a desire to compete that is second to none. We go hard every game, trade, signing and investment. The ownership is behind us and willing to spend on players, facilities and staff. You will have the best support here as the staff group work hard to better the team and help get everyone to reach their peak. The players here embrace each other and understand the ultimate goal requires team commitment. That makes us a family and we want you to be a part of it. We feel you can be more with us and for us. Together we can play for and win championships. It is our ultimate goal not just for ourselves but also for our fans. Our fan's have love for their franchise. They are knowledgeable and supportive through ups and downs. They help us be our best. Ask Russell, Tommy, Bird, Pierce, KG and IT about the love. You wont just get it in Boston either they are global. Once you wear that green your star will shine brighter than ever. And trust them and me, no franchise can give you the same fans or offer the same chance to add to such a legacy. We want to embrace you and your family here because you are our kind of player with the right kind of people around you. We want to see you win. Brad will put together game plans that get the most out of the team. Management will scout and explore each possible transaction to improve the team as well. Our group is already a rising playoff team that is young and has long term assets. With you we can go on a multiple championship run. You will love it here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:54:43 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 08:08:41 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
My two minute pitch....
Bill Russell, John Havlicek, Larry Bird, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Brad Stevens, max money.....Number 18 hanging in the rafters.

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think I'd have Bill Russell do that thing he did with KG. Go all black-athlete-leader-of-men kinda thing. Do that think where he says if you work your hardest and play your hardest and be upstanding you're a champion to me and I'll give you one of my rings.

Give him a Bill Russell MVP trophy and be like "I want you to win one of these. I want to hand it to you."

You gotta have Bill wearing all his rings at once. Then you gotta have Bill look him in the eye and be like "Kevin. I can't take these with me and I don't have much time left. I have to find 11 good men to wear these things for me when I'm gone. And then I need those men to hand them on to more good men.  Men follow champions. Men follow workers. This is a place for you to become a champion one way or the other."

There needs to be like 17 mini banners in the room.  There needs to be 17 trophies in the room.  There needs to be all the retired numbers.

We gotta have Reggie Lewis' widow hand him Reggie's old jersey and ask him to put Lewis on it once a year and tell him she doesn't want her husband forgotten.

Go full tilt Irish Roman Catholic guilt on the man.

Also...can we pitch Horford and Durant at the same time? Just schedule them both at the same time and be like "OMG. What are the odds of you both having a meeting with us at the exact same time? How fortunate!"

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Also. It would have been nice to pitch him on Martha's Vineyard. Rent the house Obama rents. Be like "Well the owner has a house here and you could easily hang out with the President like Ray Allen does"

I forgot he is meeting everyone at the Hamptons. So stupid.

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Hopefully they've done their homework to gain some insight into what makes him tick...but just from the outside...I'd probably go about it like this:

Look at what Brad Stephens just did for Evan Turner's career.  Then ask yourself what do you want your legacy to be? Do you want to be remembered as someone who was a part of good contending teams his entire career and sure, possibly a title winning team or two -- or as one of the top 2 or 3 players of your era?

If you think you still have room to improve as a player, Brad will help your reach your full potential and that will happen in a town where sports is a huge part of the culture. 

Right now LeBron is recognized as the best player of your era.  We're not bs-ing you when we say we think it should be the era of LeBron and KD.  We'll help make that happen.   

And with you on the roster this team has every bit as good a chance of winning it all as any other team you could play for....

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2016, 01:12:18 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Part of me likes the Reggie Lewis #35 thing, part of me thinks using a dead man for leverage is a bit tacky. Hard to gauge how that would go down.

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2016, 01:25:25 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
A deep bench, room for an other max next year, on of the top coaches, a GM who can make a great trade to improve the team, Big market in a small city feel, all the seafood you want, and the best fans....

Then you just show the Gino video with KG watching it. Who say's no to watching KG watch Gino?

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Part of me likes the Reggie Lewis #35 thing, part of me thinks using a dead man for leverage is a bit tacky. Hard to gauge how that would go down.
You just give him a choice. If you want to carry on a man's legacy you can but you don't have to.  #35 can be a special number in Boston. It always will be for one reason or a number. You can't hide this from him

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2016, 02:14:11 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
I'd bring all the legends. Russell. Cousy. Red. Heinsohn. Parish. Bird. McHale. Pierce. McCarty. It would be a done deal right there.

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'd bring all the legends. Russell. Cousy. Red. Heinsohn. Parish. Bird. McHale. Pierce. McCarty. It would be a done deal right there.

I'm sure that Red won't make it and pretty sure Bird won't be there. McCarty now that is funny.

I love WALTA!!!!

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 04:41:06 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
You just give him a choice. If you want to carry on a man's legacy you can but you don't have to.  #35 can be a special number in Boston. It always will be for one reason or a number. You can't hide this from him

Works for me if all involved parties are happy, just seemed a bit weird presenting "You Take 35" as a fait accompli

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If your pitch to Durant is just two minutes long, you're not signing him.

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
The C's don't need to make a pitch. Tom Brady will gaze upon Durant with his beautiful eyes for 2 straight minutes and he'll just sign the max right then and there