Author Topic: What's your 2-minute pitch to KD  (Read 4003 times)

Re: What's your 2-minute pitch to KD
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 03:45:11 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
*Bill Russel Speaks*: This league is all about Era's. Legends are made by it, Celtics lure is built on it. From my 11 championships, to Bird, to the most recent Big 3. You have a chance to be arguably become the greatest Celtic in all of franchise History. The opportunity to lead the most storied franchise into a whole new era, all your own. *tearing up* The magnitude of this position would be greater than you can possibly imagine. Young man, if I could be in your shoes for a moment. What do you think I would do?

*KD Speaks*: Sign with the Celtics No doubt.

*Staring into KDs soul, Bill Russel Speaks*: No.doubt.

*Russel slowly gets assistance walking out of the room, wipin away tears with his hankerchief. Moments later he could be heard down the hall blowing his nose*

*Danny staring at the contract on the table*: Great minds think alike.

I love this!  Gotta get that Russel cackle in there somewhere though!  I'm dropping this into my scenario above.

The Russel cackle is parting gift once KD signs lol!

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
*Bill Russel Speaks*: This league is all about Era's. Legends are made by it, Celtics lure is built on it. From my 11 championships, to Bird, to the most recent Big 3. You have a chance to be arguably become the greatest Celtic in all of franchise History. The opportunity to lead the most storied franchise into a whole new era, all your own. *tearing up* The magnitude of this position would be greater than you can possibly imagine. Young man, if I could be in your shoes for a moment. What do you think I would do?

*KD Speaks*: Sign with the Celtics No doubt.

*Staring into KDs soul, Bill Russel Speaks*: No.doubt.

*Russel slowly gets assistance walking out of the room, wipin away tears with his hankerchief. Moments later he could be heard down the hall blowing his nose*

*Danny staring at the contract on the table*: Great minds think alike.
Isn't this basically the Lakers proposal from last year that so many free agents were turned off by?  I mean minus Bill Russell of course.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Danny starts off saying how he was the only GM who would have drafted Durant #1 in 2007, shows him some internal emails or video to prove this (if it's provable).

Then Danny and Wyc talks about stability.  Danny's never fired a coach, will never fire Brad, Wyc will never fire Danny, and Danny and Brad are both signed through whenever.  (Spurs and Miami can boast similar things, still the stability helps and none of the other teams can boast this).  Pops old and Kerr has medical issues, it's doubtful either will make it through your next contract.  The front office in LA is a mess, and Doc's a better coach than GM.

Then Wyc asks why he's not still playing with James Harden?  That won't happen here they assure him.  We have no problem paying to keep the right players.

Then they talk about the C's cap room and depth.  How they won't have to gut the roster like every other team other than OKC will, and they can even add another star next to Durant!  Remember the '13 playoffs when Westbrook was injured? Remember in the '14 playoffs those 2 games you lost when Ibaka was out?  Look at how lack of depth kept both you and Miami from the playoffs in '15.  You don't want to be on a team that has to lose all its depth just to sign you, do you?

Then Danny talks about the future draft picks and roster flexibility in trades.  If you want player X, we have a trade on the table to acquire that player, if you want us to sign player Y we're willing to do it.  But these picks also allow us to continue to provide you with support throughout your contract.  What happens when Westbrook bolts next year?  Do you really think OKC will be able to bring in another star player?  Not too many young legs in San Antonio or Miami either to give you support down the road.  Don't just think about this season, think about 3-4 years down the road too.

And then Brad just talks basketball and diagrams plays for the rest of the meeting.

I might have to go make that Bovada bet now.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Danny starts off saying how he was the only GM who would have drafted Durant #1 in 2007, shows him some internal emails or video to prove this (if it's provable).

Then Danny and Wyc talks about stability.  Danny's never fired a coach, will never fire Brad, Wyc will never fire Danny, and Danny and Brad are both signed through whenever.  (Spurs and Miami can boast similar things, still the stability helps and none of the other teams can boast this).  Pops old and Kerr has medical issues, it's doubtful either will make it through your next contract.  The front office in LA is a mess, and Doc's a better coach than GM.

Then Wyc asks why he's not still playing with James Harden?  That won't happen here they assure him.  We have no problem paying to keep the right players.

Then they talk about the C's cap room and depth.  How they won't have to gut the roster like every other team other than OKC will, and they can even add another star next to Durant!  Remember the '13 playoffs when Westbrook was injured? Remember in the '14 playoffs those 2 games you lost when Ibaka was out?  Look at how lack of depth kept both you and Miami from the playoffs in '15.  You don't want to be on a team that has to lose all its depth just to sign you, do you?

Then Danny talks about the future draft picks and roster flexibility in trades.  If you want player X, we have a trade on the table to acquire that player, if you want us to sign player Y we're willing to do it.  But these picks also allow us to continue to provide you with support throughout your contract.  What happens when Westbrook bolts next year?  Do you really think OKC will be able to bring in another star player?  Not too many young legs in San Antonio or Miami either to give you support down the road.  Don't just think about this season, think about 3-4 years down the road too.

And then Brad just talks basketball and diagrams plays for the rest of the meeting.

me too...

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There was a similar thread last month (elevator pitches instead of two-minute pitches).  I stand by my pitch from last time.

Here's my pitch:

Kevin, if you look up at the rafters and count the banners, you'll get 17.  That's 17 championships.  That's how we measure success.  We don't celebrate making the playoffs.  We don't celebrate winning the division.  We don't even celebrate winning the conference.  You look around the league, and you'll see teams congratulate themselves for playoff appearances or making the conference finals.  Not here.  In Boston we have a single goal, and that is to win NBA titles.  We know you have the same goal.  Let's reach that goal together.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 04:21:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Here's how I would have it play out. 

Show up with Tommy (legend), Isaiah (current face/all-star), Avery (All-defensive 1st teamer plus UT guys play ball every summer), Crowder (just because I think KD would appreciate him), and Jaylen Brown (symbolizes the Brooklyn picks we have coming, and future hope), and then of course Danny, Steven, Wyc, and Pags.

Have everyone meet with him quickly (quick daps, bro hugs, hand shakes).  Then let Tommy, Danny, Stevens, and Isaiah do most of the talking with the presentation revolving around the past, present, and the future.  Have the presentation end with a video that highlights our 18 chips, showcases the greats, shows KG's anything possible, and has the returns of KG and Pierce and the crowds admiration towards them.  End with the image of KG shedding tears while watching Gino during his last visit, with chants of Let's Go Celtics in the background.

Then ask KD what he wants and who he wants to play with.  Horford.  Done.  Perhaps Dwight. Done.  Westbrook in a year instead.  Will do.

Finally, tell KD "We brought a Jersey for you to try on."  In walks Reggie Lewis's mom carrying a #35 Lewis jersey and she hands it to KD and says "I would be proud to have you continue what my son started."

Place contract in front him.  Signed!

Ok that might take more than two minutes.  :)

Don't forget to add that last four minutes of Game 6 2012 East Finals blowout loss at the TD Garden, with Celtics fans chanting "Let's go Celtics" being down by 20 and explain to him that Celtics fans are the most loyal fans in the league.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Durant: "Yeah man that reminded me a lot of how y'all lost the 2010 Finals when Perk went down for Game 7 and all y'all had was Sheed (and y'all's fans had been clamoring for adding another big all year)"

Durant: "...."

Durant: "but yeah i know you learned from your mistakes.. where do I sign?"  ;D
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 04:24:01 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Recalling KD's MVP speech and his Mother, we invite his Mom to the meeting and all the Moms of every Boston legend (David Ortiz, Bobby Orr, Tom Brady, etc.) who is still alive to talk about how their son has established their legacies as Boston superstars.

Kevin and his Mom walk into the room and they are all sitting down in a circular formation. All of which are wearing their son's respective jerseys, including Reggie Lewis' Mom who is already sitting down with the #35 jersey. When she stands up at the end of the discussion, she takes off the jersey and on the back is the name Durant rather than Lewis.

DONE DEAL!

wow! tommy points galore and let's hope this happens!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
You would start because we have all role players

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
You could three-peat with the greatest franchise in professional sports. People around the world would know your name in 2116.

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 12:50:24 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
You would start because we have all role players

Ahahaha, TP ;D.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 12:58:30 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
You could come off the bench behind Jae Crowder and destroy second units in the tradition-laden Boston Celtics 6th man position
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 01:05:12 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I'd pitch a gyroball.

Most teams would pitch a curveball or an eephus to a high-profile free agent, expecting to catch them off-guard, defy expectations, and pleasantly surprise them. But in Boston, we go a step further and honor our past. No other sports city can say that they were the first MLB home to the original gyroball pitcher, Daisuke Matsuzaka.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:52 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Well, outside of blowing the number 3 pick this year...I mean we should've trade it or at the very least draft a better player...but I digressed.  We net almost 50 wins last season with no starter, we have a cap room to sign any other stars you want side-by-side with you on the team, we have 17 championships...the most in the league, in Boston it's championships or bust, and guess what, we have the best coach in the league...yes, the best coach in the league.  Where else do you get all that Durant?  Where else?  And the culture is fascinating...best school, best food,...yea it's a little cold and it's a bit of a racist town but we're still the best sports town ever. 

As a plus, we'll complete a brand new practice facility by 2018

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:43 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Have we scheduled an official meeting with him?  I'm semi nervous the meeting will not happen.  Lol