Author Topic: Bleacher Report article on Dwight  (Read 874 times)

Bleacher Report article on Dwight
« on: June 29, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/would-you-pay-dwight-howard-31-million/

It's a pretty good piece, lots of quotes from executives and officials and people close to Dwight. Good read.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Bleacher Report article on Dwight
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:16:16 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Sounds like he still doesn't get it.  Stay away from him.  He still wants to be a focal point on offense.  That would kill the C's.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Totally tone deaf.

If Ainge pays him $31 million for one year, he should be summarily fired.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Team executives who spoke to B/R predicted Howard might command $10-15 million in a starting salary—far short of the $23.3 million he just opted out of in Houston, and less than half the $31 million max salary he is said to be seeking. He might also have to settle for a short deal.

I think this quote is fair, 10-15 is what we gave Amir (12 mil per), and that's what I would offer Howard, maybe just south of 20 but nothing equal or more than 20 per. If he demands too much or demands 31, we should definitely walk away. As the article said, he can still be a dominant center, but injuries and how engage he is worries me

Howard's work ethic is solid, but he's an irrepressible class clown. He doesn't know when to turn it off.

"We walk in the locker room and everything is a joke," said one team official who worked with Howard.

"He's not serious enough, when it counts," said Chauncey Billups, a former All-Star guard, who played against Howard for years.

this also is concerning as to wh y I would not give him a max. When you cannot stay focused or be serious enough 100% of the time, then he has no business being the #1 guy, therefore does not deserve to be paid like one. He needs to bring it, day in and day out. He's gifted physically, so there shouldn't be any reason why he isn't there mentally.

All in all, I would still gamble with him but I would lowball him, if he won't budge, we are the ones walking away, not him.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:20:44 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
He's not worth the max, although he may still get it from a team desperate enough for a splash. But he's also not worth only 2 million less per year than freaking Kanter like all the GMs in the article are quoted as saying. That's bargain-driving manure talk.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 02:26:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He's not worth the max, although he may still get it from a team desperate enough for a splash. But he's also not worth only 2 million less per year than freaking Kanter like all the GMs in the article are quoted as saying. That's bargain-driving manure talk.

Knicks or Nets would overpay for him. That would suck.