Author Topic: Can we Afford Durant, Horford, and Wade  (Read 597 times)

Can we Afford Durant, Horford, and Wade
« on: June 29, 2016, 02:56:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Negotiations but going well with Wade in Miami. Wade is free to seek other options per ESPN.
 We know Wade is 34 but he's still a 19ppg 5 apg 4 rpg player. And he's a three time champion. I would welcome him on a short term high dollar contract, Three years 60 Million range.

Horford
 Durant
 Jaylen
 Wade
 Thomas

That's a fantastic five. And the bench is awesome too minus one more veteran Big.

Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk , Rozier

Re: Can we Afford Durant, Horford, and Wade
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:46 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
By my calculation both Durant's and Horford's max contracts are $28.2 million each. If you could get Wade to agree to last years $20 million, that would be a total of $76.4 for all three out of a $94 cap, leaving $17.6 for the rest of your team. You would have to let all nonguaranteed contracts walk plus Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk,Young,Hunter and Rozier would probably have to be moved for future picks to keep Thomas,Brown, Mickey, and Smart. That gives you only 7 players so you need to also allocate money for empty roster spots. Kind of a tight fit and a real roster gutting. It's so tight that Smart and/or Mickey might have to go too or keep Rozier instead of Smart. I guess we also have 2 cap holds on our two foreign draft picks.

Re: Can we Afford Durant, Horford, and Wade
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Quite simply, you can't. And that's a good thing, because if you good, I'm sure Riley would figure out a way to have them all in Miami.