Author Topic: Celtics Have a Meeting with Dwight Howard  (Read 35110 times)

Re: Celtics Have a Meeting with Dwight Howard
« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Source: Dwight Howard's meeting w/ATL went well & ATL was "impressive." No deal yet. Howard will speak w/Bos, others. Decision w/in next day

« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2016, 03:50:08 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Source: Dwight Howard's meeting w/ATL went well & ATL was "impressive." No deal yet. Howard will speak w/Bos, others. Decision w/in next day

Was just writing this

« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Apparently Howard is staying in Atlanta rather than conducting his remaining meetings in Vegas. It is unclear if we will meet with us in-person, but it sounds like some teams will only get to speak to him over the phone. Apparently a decision will be made as early as tomorrow, too. My guess is that he is joining his hometown Hawks :(

« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Atlanta will give Horford a fifth year and Dwight will sign on Dallas for three or four years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2016, 04:47:49 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
I think Atlanta will give Horford a fifth year and Dwight will sign on Dallas for three or four years.

I don't think so...

User Actions   
 Follow

Tim MacMahonVerified account
‏@espn_macmahon
The Mavs have no plans to target Dwight Howard or Bismack Biyombo at this point after missing out on Hassan... http://es.pn/29hDvmN

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2016, 04:51:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don't think so...

User Actions   
 Follow

Tim MacMahonVerified account
‏@espn_macmahon
The Mavs have no plans to target Dwight Howard or Bismack Biyombo at this point after missing out on Hassan... http://es.pn/29hDvmN

I guess that's promising...still hoping for Biyombo and the Cs news, but not hearing any.

As far as Howard goes, if Horford re-signs with Atl, then Danny will be doing everything in his power to bring Howard to town - he really wouldn't have any other choice.

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Apparently Howard is staying in Atlanta rather than conducting his remaining meetings in Vegas. It is unclear if we will meet with us in-person, but it sounds like some teams will only get to speak to him over the phone. Apparently a decision will be made as early as tomorrow, too. My guess is that he is joining his hometown Hawks :(
Whered you read this about him staying in Atlanta?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16680328/dwight-howard-impressed-meeting-atlanta-hawks

My hope: Dwight hopes that by cancelling the meetings in Vegas, we'll give him the max. Hopefully the Hawks have balked at giving him the max. I think in this environment, Dwight is worth the max, so let's just give him the max on a front-loaded deal.

I am 99% sure we are going to miss out on Durant (no source, just intuition). Adding Howard will make us the second best team in the East and will help us lure another major free agent next offseason (my hope: Durant, Hayward or Griffin). If we strike out with Durant and Howard, it is not going to bode well for us come next offseason.

« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16680328/dwight-howard-impressed-meeting-atlanta-hawks

My hope: Dwight hopes that by cancelling the meetings in Vegas, we'll give him the max. Hopefully the Hawks have balked at giving him the max. I think in this environment, Dwight is worth the max, so let's just give him the max on a front-loaded deal.

I am 99% sure we are going to miss out on Durant (no source, just intuition). Adding Howard will make us the second best team in the East and will help us lure another major free agent next offseason (my hope: Durant, Hayward or Griffin). If we strike out with Durant and Howard, it is not going to bode well for us come next offseason.
I really do think we need one of the two. We need to keep trending up or we're never gonna land that other big piece. It'll help us at the trade deadline and next FA you never know a disgruntled star could become available and if the C's look attractive they can force their way here
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2016, 05:11:32 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
There is a mind game going on between Howard, Horford and Atlanta.
If Howard wants to win, I seriously doubt he consider Atlanta over us.
If Atlanta lose on Howard, they might consider giving the 5th year to Horford.
It looks like having both will be unlikely.
Oh well, we can have KD and problem solved, lol