Author Topic: Celtics Have a Meeting with Dwight Howard  (Read 35018 times)

Re: Celtics Have a Meeting with Dwight
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2016, 10:14:35 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
I thought Howard was fragile, but he only had 2 years where he was hurt.
Anyway, anyone who told the Lakers to Stick it is OK in my book.

« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Howard sucks.
Overrated and overpaid.
God, no.

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
why is Ryan Anderson so popular on this board? He's rubbish. Hope Danny stays far away from him.

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
we have a good chance at getting him..back in the east, Our guards have never played with a big man of his level. He will be probably the biggest name on our team. he will get touches, we play defense out here. Coach Stevens enough said.

Good points. He will do wonders for our guards defensively.  And like you said, he'll get his share of touches in our offense.  A happy Dwight is a very good player.  And if he gets moody, our locker room should be strong enough to handle it.

I think this is the way to get him to do a 1 + 1. If you can convince him that he'll have a much more prominent role in the offense than in Houston, he may think that he can improve his two-way value to the league this summer and secure that big, final, long contract next year to maximize his earnings.
Hopefully his more prominent role in the offense is that he'll be involved in every pick and roll on the court.

Committing to giving him post touches makes him significantly less interesting as an FA target for me. He's been awful with his post touches lately.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I've wanted Dwight for some time now.
A line up of
IT
Bradley
Durant
horford
Dwight

would be very, very tough to deal with.

Even

IT
Bradley
Crowder
horford
Dwight

would have a punchers chance vs CLE.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2016, 10:18:17 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
and yes to Dwight as a Durant fall back.

His presence would make us one of the best defensive teams in the league and a legit threat to Cleveland with another piece added.

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if we miss out on Durant, I'd go after Howard, and hopefully can get him for cheap. If won't be cheap, and probably wants a max contract. I'd walk away if he wants too much.

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2016, 10:41:44 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
if we miss out on Durant, I'd go after Howard, and hopefully can get him for cheap. If won't be cheap, and probably wants a max contract. I'd walk away if he wants too much.

There is no such thing as 'cheap' in this market, under this new cap. If you want a player like this, you'll be competing against max offers.

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I can't believe people are against Dwight. You know how much better he is anything we have?  And you dontngive up a thing for him in "assets"

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
If we strike out on the Durant+Horford combo I'd be happy to give Dwight a 1+1 max and then ink his best buddy Parsons to a max to play the 4. The defense on this team would be unreal and adding Parsons as a 3 point threat (career 38% 3pt shooter) would be help one of our biggest weaknesses. Try and move Young and Rozier for a future first. Sign Ekpe Udoh to a vet min. as depth.

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
Bradley/Hunter
Crowder/Brown
Parsons/Mickey/Bentil
Howard/Olynyk/Udoh/Zizic

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I can't believe people are against Dwight. You know how much better he is anything we have?  And you dontngive up a thing for him in "assets"

He's one of the best defenders at that position, and yet we don't want him?

Ainge has been after him a lot, and he's got a shot at him yet again. A great shot.

« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wow! That is interesting, and it really shows you how much our status has risen around the league in the last several years. Remember two years ago when he wouldn't even agree to meet with us?
I think it's more of an indication of how his status has fallen -- I don't think he can afford to snub any teams any longer.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2016, 10:55:25 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
If we strike out on the Durant+Horford combo I'd be happy to give Dwight a 1+1 max and then ink his best buddy Parsons to a max to play the 4. The defense on this team would be unreal and adding Parsons as a 3 point threat (career 38% 3pt shooter) would be help one of our biggest weaknesses. Try and move Young and Rozier for a future first. Sign Ekpe Udoh to a vet min. as depth.

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
Bradley/Hunter
Crowder/Brown
Parsons/Mickey/Bentil
Howard/Olynyk/Udoh/Zizic

That's actually not a bad idea. I was wondering about Parsons as a potential option at the 4 for us. Pretty good defender, too. He'd essentially work like Deng at the 4 in Miami.

« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2016, 10:57:13 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
Bradley/Hunter
Crowder/Brown
Parsons/Mickey/Bentil
Howard/Olynyk/Udoh/Zizic

That's actually not a bad idea. I was wondering about Parsons as a potential option at the 4 for us. Pretty good defender, too. He'd essentially work like Deng at the 4 in Miami.

I think it elevates us to at least #2 in the East. You're just one break out star away from contending with CLE  8)

« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2016, 10:58:13 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
we have a good chance at getting him..back in the east, Our guards have never played with a big man of his level. He will be probably the biggest name on our team. he will get touches, we play defense out here. Coach Stevens enough said.

Good points. He will do wonders for our guards defensively.  And like you said, he'll get his share of touches in our offense.  A happy Dwight is a very good player.  And if he gets moody, our locker room should be strong enough to handle it.

I think this is the way to get him to do a 1 + 1. If you can convince him that he'll have a much more prominent role in the offense than in Houston, he may think that he can improve his two-way value to the league this summer and secure that big, final, long contract next year to maximize his earnings.
Hopefully his more prominent role in the offense is that he'll be involved in every pick and roll on the court.

Committing to giving him post touches makes him significantly less interesting as an FA target for me. He's been awful with his post touches lately.

Fixed that for you. ;)

I'm not a big fan of Howard, though he would address some significant deficiencies (rebounding, shot blocking). I still think he's poison, but I guess I'd be alright with signing him if it was for the "bargain" price of 2 years, $15M per (or something close to that).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis