Author Topic: Do C's want 1st or last pitch to Durant? Meeting set for Saturday  (Read 9788 times)

Re: Do C's want 1st or last pitch to Durant? Meeting set for Saturday
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say a successful meeting Thursday with Kevin Durant has put OKC in a strong position as KD readies to meet with five more teams

I wonder if they're trying to sell the Horford scenario to him.

If IT is to be believed, which I don't think he'd come out and straight lie to us, Horford seems genuinely interested in Boston with or without Durant, especially due to it being much closer of a system to one he is familiar with in Atlanta than OKC. I would guess that if they were set on teaming up somewhere, Horford would be pushing for Boston over OKC, which isn't even mentioning the financial side of things with a bigger market.

EDIT: So is "strong" more or less than 90%? Because apparently he was 90% sure going into the meeting in the first place.  ;)

FYI, I'm 90% certain that the claims Durant' is "90% decided" is 90% bullcrap.

Also, obviously OKC is in good position to sign him.  Obviously they are in good position after meeting with him.  But him leaving is a legit possibility.  There's too much at play here.  I don't think Durant knows what he's going to do yet.  He's about to speak to some teams that actually know what they are doing.  He's about to speak to some coaches that understand this game deeply.  He's about to speak to some owners that don't drink baby blood (Clay Bennett has no soul).  He's going to have a tough decision to make.  I think it's fair to assume he'll stick with OKC, but after he meets with these basketball minds and hears their vision - all bets are off.  I firmly believe he'll have more success if he leaves OKC for basically any of those teams.  His supporting cast in OKC is greatly overrated.