Author Topic: Do C's want 1st or last pitch to Durant? Meeting set for Saturday  (Read 9789 times)

Re: Does C's management want the 1st or last pitch to Durant?
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Chris Broussard says we're likely last.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Is that what his "sauces" are telling him?  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 01:48:35 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

I guess that is really good, or really bad.  Maybe the C's intrigue him most and he wants to actually go to Boston so he meets with them last.  There is always hope.... until there isn't.

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

I guess that is really good, or really bad.  Maybe the C's intrigue him most and he wants to actually go to Boston so he meets with them last.  There is always hope.... until there isn't.

That wasn't accurate. Completely my fault. There wasn't anything saying that. I saw it posted on Reddit and it only had to do when some of the other teams were potentially meeting with him.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
So the Celtics are the least likely team that Durant wants to go to!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!??!?!?!?!?  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So the Celtics are the least likely team that Durant wants to go to!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!??!?!?!?!?  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Where did you hear that?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
So OKC is getting their first whip at Durant on Thursday before free agency begins, somehow.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/748176711452397569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Then Golden State is meeting with him on Friday, and the Spurs are meeting with him on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748177958464937984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It's interesting that OKC is going first. You would think that they would be given the meeting last so Durant can weigh all of the other teams' options/strategies versus OKC to give them the chance to best it. I think OKC loses some leverage by going first, because they'll have the least to present to Durant (being the incumbent) and it being highly unlikely that they could convince him off the bat where he wouldn't even take meetings with other teams.
a gesture of courtesy i would think. he is telling them that he respects them and will speak with them before talking with anyone else.

ultimately, first, last, middle will not matter that much. we interview candidates all the time for faculty positions, usually 3 people. the order matters for naught.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Where did you hear that?

That's on me. My mistake. In my earlier post I speculated that the order he's meeting teams in might signal his interest level. This, compounded with the Broussard report that we are last, seems to have given the poster this assumption. It's on me. I made the bad speculation, my bad.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 02:10:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
So OKC is getting their first whip at Durant on Thursday before free agency begins, somehow.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/748176711452397569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Then Golden State is meeting with him on Friday, and the Spurs are meeting with him on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748177958464937984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It's interesting that OKC is going first. You would think that they would be given the meeting last so Durant can weigh all of the other teams' options/strategies versus OKC to give them the chance to best it. I think OKC loses some leverage by going first, because they'll have the least to present to Durant (being the incumbent) and it being highly unlikely that they could convince him off the bat where he wouldn't even take meetings with other teams.
a gesture of courtesy i would think. he is telling them that he respects them and will speak with them before talking with anyone else.

ultimately, first, last, middle will not matter that much. we interview candidates all the time for faculty positions, usually 3 people. the order matters for naught.

Do you work at a university/college?

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We gotta be happy we're even getting a meeting.

What points do you guys think we will hit in the meeting? Who's coming along? Do you think Brad is doing a bunch of homework and will have video or things charted out basketball related how well use him in the offense?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
SI's odds on signing Durant....FWIW Has Knicks higher than us

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/29/oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-free-agency-bovada-free-agency

This has the Knicks and Heat above the Spurs and Celtics, so, yeah, I don't think it's very useful lol I think it also came out today and said that Howard is most likely a Celtic this summer.

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
SI's odds on signing Durant....FWIW Has Knicks higher than us

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/29/oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-free-agency-bovada-free-agency

The tweet in the link appears to be wrong or the Bovada odds have changed.  C's are listed as 16 to 1, not 20 to 1 as listed in the tweet.

OKC 1/5
Warriors 4/1
Heat 12/1
Knicks 14/1
Spurs 16/1
Celtics 16/1
Clippers 50/1
Lakers 66/1
Wizards 100/1

So if you like the C's chances, a nice $100 bet will win you $1,600.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:05:26 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2016, 03:06:37 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
We gotta be happy we're even getting a meeting.

What points do you guys think we will hit in the meeting? Who's coming along? Do you think Brad is doing a bunch of homework and will have video or things charted out basketball related how well use him in the offense?

I certainly hope so.  Durant cares about basketball, and I think a totally basketball-centric pitch would be great.  Just put him in a room with Brad and we'll have him signed for 4 years at the vet minimum
I'm bitter.

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2016, 03:07:36 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16613710/kevin-durant-first-meet-oklahoma-city-thunder

Sources tell ESPN that the Spurs' meeting with Durant is Saturday, and he will meet with the Heat on July 3.

So...we aren't among the first 4...smh.

OKC before July 1 (which is somehow allowed?), GSW on July 1, SAS in July 2, MIA on July 3.

That's probably the order he's considering the teams in. I reckon we are next, and clippers last

So we get the 4th of July and last team to pitch to him?

FIREWORKS!

Where's the 1 billion tommy points button?