Author Topic: Sixers plan to go after Harrison Barnes  (Read 6269 times)

Re: Sixers plan to go after Harrison Barnes
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Best news I've heard all day.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Doesn't he play the same position as Covington, who's pretty much Barnes-lite?

What about Simmons? Is he being moved to PF, then what about Saric. I'd be kinda ticked if I came over and didn't have a chance to start.

Shouldn't they try to get a PG first? Or a SG?

A Ton of people rave about how they've gone about things in their tanking. But I doesn't matter if you have all the best ingredients in the world if you can't mix it together and make some thing out of it. 

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 07:53:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Fournier, Covington and Barnes should be there guys 1-3 since Simmons will be the point foward. Just load up on shooters and space the floor for Simmons.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Fournier, Covington and Barnes should be there guys 1-3 since Simmons will be the point foward. Just load up on shooters and space the floor for Simmons.

Fournier is under contract in Orlando and it is very unlikely they trade him now that they traded Oladipo.

Maybe you had another player in mind?

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Did you forget that they still have three blue chip prospect centers in Embiid, Noel, and Okafor? And Saric is supposed to come over as well.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 07:58:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Fournier is under contract in Orlando and it is very unlikely they trade him now that they traded Oladipo.

Fournier is a RFA.

He'd be a little bit redundant with Korkmaz and Luwawu though.  Very similar player.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 07:58:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Fournier's a restricted free agent.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 07:59:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Did you forget that they still have three blue chip prospect centers in Embiid, Noel, and Okafor? And Saric is supposed to come over as well.

I'm very interested to see what they end up doing with Okafor / Noel / Embiid.

I just don't see how they can head into next year with all three of those guys still on the roster, unless Embiid has another setback.  The longer you have all three of those guys vying for minutes, the more it depresses the trade value of any one of them.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I just don't see how they can head into next year with all three of those guys still on the roster, unless Embiid has another setback.  The longer you have all three of those guys vying for minutes, the more it depresses the trade value of any one of them.

I agree. My guess is that one of them will be traded for a poor return late this summer. I guess Phili may be hoping that whatever teams strike out in free agency get desperate and then overpay to trade for Noel or Okafor, but I just don't see that happening. Everybody knows they are desperate to move one of them, and they will run out of options. Waiting only hurts them even more.

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 08:02:32 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Fournier is a RFA.

He'd be a little bit redundant with Korkmaz and Luwawu though.  Very similar player.

Thanks for the correction.

Still iirc Orlando traded Oladipo because they saw Fournier as the best of the two.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Why not?  If Embiid can play, which is a huge if, why can't they go with a rotation of Embiid and Okafor as the starters with Noel being the sub for both spots?

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 08:08:10 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Per Saric, afaik it's still an open question whether he'll come.

Add to this that if he waits until 2017-18, his salary could be much bigger.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2016/06/sixers_doubtful_whether_dario_saric_will_come_to_n.html

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Why not?  If Embiid can play, which is a huge if, why can't they go with a rotation of Embiid and Okafor as the starters with Noel being the sub for both spots?
Okay, I am clearly out of my depth here, but that never stopped me from talking before.  ;D

Don't okafur and embiid both have to play close to the basket? And Simmons is a poor outside shooter isn't he?  That would seem to really clog up the middle and allow teams to sag off the guards.

And the guards are not that great are they?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Okay, I am clearly out of my depth here, but that never stopped me from talking before.  ;D

Don't okafur and embiid both have to play close to the basket? And Simmons is a poor outside shooter isn't he?  That would seem to really clog up the middle and allow teams to sag off the guards.

And the guards are not that great are they?

Yes, and if you have Noel coming off the bench or sharing minutes with Embiid and Okafor, Noel will certainly want out as a free agent next summer. You will also stunt the development of all three, and they , and their agents, will be very unhappy.

It's ok to ask vets like Iguadala, who have already had their paydays, to come off the bench for the good of the team, but not players on their rookie contacts. They are each fighting to show how valuable they are statistically, and to build their brand, so that they can get paid on their next contract.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Also being linked to waiters. Okafor/Noel/Embiid, Simmons, Barnes, waiters, and a competent PG will at least be on pare with what the Nets put together in free agency
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet