Author Topic: 60 wins in the East with The Horford Durant combo  (Read 2278 times)

60 wins in the East with The Horford Durant combo
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Or tell me how many games we win and do we beat the Cavs with both Al and Kevin. My hope with that team is that Zizic and Brown are good right away.

Horford
 Olynyk
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

That team can really, really shoot it wouldn't that be nice.

Small ball Defensive team.

Horford
 Crowder
 Brown
 Bradley
 Smart     good luck scoring on that squad.

Re: 60 wins in the East with The Horford Durant combo
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
60-65 wins and capable of beating the Cavs in a 7 game series.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Or tell me how many games we win and do we beat the Cavs with both Al and Kevin. My hope with that team is that Zizic and Brown are good right away.

Horford
 Olynyk
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

Horford
 Crowder
 Brown
 Bradley

I think a lineup of:

Horford
Durant
Crowder
Bradley
Smart

would be the best on defense, and if you replace Smart with IT you have our best offensive lineup
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 04:21:51 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Horford
 Olynyk
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

Horford
 Crowder
 Brown
 Bradley

I think a lineup of:

Horford
Durant
Crowder
Bradley
Smart

would be the best on defense, and if you replace Smart with IT you have our best offensive lineup

I like that lineup

Say for example, if Brown gives us more right off the bat in his rookie year, can Crowder grab us something along with a few picks?

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yup. 60+ wins. Legit title contender.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

To to everyone for that winning attitude!

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
ESPN projected 62 wins by just adding Durant. The C's become an instant title contender with both.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 04:50:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd still favor Cleveland, but it would certainly be a great series.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 04:53:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would favor Cleveland slightly over us, simply because Lebron James has always dominated Durant in heads up match. But it'll most likely be Crowder guarding LBJ, and wearing him out, while Durant can focus mainly on offense.

I still think if we were to add some vet help like Pierce, or TA to help guide our younger players, that we could certainly  exceed expectations and maybe surpass 65 wins, and get to the Finals.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I would favor Cleveland slightly over us, simply because Lebron James has always dominated Durant in heads up match. But it'll most likely be Crowder guarding LBJ, and wearing him out, while Durant can focus mainly on offense.

I still think if we were to add some vet help like Pierce, or TA to help guide our younger players, that we could certainly  exceed expectations and maybe surpass 65 wins, and get to the Finals.
Having Crowder and Brown there to take the physical load of defending Lebron off of KD and then having Avery and Marcus to hound Kyrie, we would matchup quite well with Cleveland.

but it seems a bit early to start talking about what we are gonna do once we get KD. I dont even see us as the favorites to get him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Eastern Conference favorites.  Yes, favorites.  There, I said it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Eastern Conference favorites.  Yes, favorites.  There, I said it.

Having Crowder and Brown there to take the physical load of defending Lebron off of KD and then having Avery and Marcus to hound Kyrie, we would matchup quite well with Cleveland.

but it seems a bit early to start talking about what we are gonna do once we get KD. I dont even see us as the favorites to get him.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to see what it all boils down to.

This is really reminding me of Kevin Love sweepstakes, and I'm getting worried. I can't believe how anxious I was, to see whether or not Love signed with us. Just like Love, Durant could have set up a meeting intentionally, to raise the bar on OKC to possibly shoot for urgency, and he could re-sign with the Thunder.

I just hope this time, we snag a Kevin.

:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CqYCQKbr0Y
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It would be a good series, but Boston would still have significant offensive problems when Durant gets slowed down by James.  Thomas just doesn't have the size to be reliable and Horford is a solid all around player, but he is not a difference maker offensively (and at this point is pretty much a jump shooter).  And while Crowder is a good defender, he has never had all that much success guarding James.  In fact, James has pretty much exceeded his season averages when matched up against Crowder.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 07:21:44 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

It would be a good series, but Boston would still have significant offensive problems when Durant gets slowed down by James.  Thomas just doesn't have the size to be reliable and Horford is a solid all around player, but he is not a difference maker offensively (and at this point is pretty much a jump shooter).  And while Crowder is a good defender, he has never had all that much success guarding James.  In fact, James has pretty much exceeded his season averages when matched up against Crowder.

The reason Thomas has struggled in the playoffs some is that he's been our only legit threat to score every time he has the ball. Crowder was hurt and AB wasn't there to provide the spacing. If you had Thomas in a series with Bradley, Crowder, Durant and Horford, he wouldn't command double of triple teams every time he touched the ball, making it MUCH easier for him to score.

IT would be a great #2 or 3 guy to a guy like Durant. Give them a decent big and they could easily compete for a chance at the finals

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I still don't buy Olynyk as a true championship-caliber starting 4, even if we go smaller most of the time anyways. I still think an option like Noel would be best if we convince those two to actually sign here. It'd help our rebounding, which was an issue for GS against Cleveland, along with providing more defense and rim protection on drives.