Author Topic: Mazz is rambling again  (Read 3255 times)

Re: Mazz is rambling again
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 04:30:18 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I only listen to LHR, Duncan and Lowe.
The rest are a bit pathetic (even Simmons).
No offense but the 3 above have a brain compare to others.

Start giving The Rainin J's a listen

They are great and it helped a 4 hour drive fly by for me.

Yeah, those podcasts are solid although sometimes it sounds like Jay is calling in from the Sumner Tunnel.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 04:34:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

They are great and it helped a 4 hour drive fly by for me.

Yeah, those podcasts are solid although sometimes it sounds like Jay is calling in from the Sumner Tunnel.
The last one wasn't as bad as the previous one which was pretty much unlistenable.

To the list posted earlier I'd add the Game Theory podcast with Sam Vecenie, the Locked on Podcast with David Locke and the Vertical Podcast with Woj. I occassionally listen to Chris Mannix Vertical podcast depending on who the guest is.

Bottom line is, there is enough quality NBA discussion on air via podcast that you should never turn to Boston talk radio for Celtics talk.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Thanks, I will.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 04:41:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The best thing you can do is not listen to them, and certainly don't talk to other people about the silly crap they say about basketball.  It's like giving oxygen to a fire.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Felger and Mazz are trolls that try to rile people up. I can't stand listening to them.
You pretty much described every sports talk radio host. Ignore those, tune into NPR on the drive home, and read the beat writers. We have some good ones in this town.
Yup.  Basically stopped listening to local sports radio almost entirely 3 years ago or so.  It sort of amazes me that people still listen to that nonsense.  WBUR on the other hand is seriously high quality radio.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

I second The Rainin J's and Celtics Beat with LHR. The Ranin J's is Jay King of MassLive and John Karalis of RedArmy.com. They are both super knowledgeable and plugged in. LHR has some of the best podcast guests you could ever imagine. One of the first shows I listened to of his was with Kenny Anderson and Eric Williams to talk about the 2001-02 season. This was in the August and there was NO Celtics news to discuss and was a super boring time. Instead I got to relive the 2002 playoff run  ;D

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 06:15:14 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I agree with Mazz 100%.  At least he's realistic unlike 85% of the people on here.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 06:28:35 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I agree with Mazz 100%.  At least he's realistic unlike 85% of the people on here.

Mazz is realistic? What did he say there that was realistic at all?

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
This is a list of current nba players who have dramatically improved their shooting in the last year

http://basketball-players.pointafter.com/stories/12358/nba-most-improved-outside-shooters#1-Andrew-Nicholson

Brown also shot close to 29% from 3 his one year in college which is not bad.  In highschool he shot 38 percent from 3 which is fine. Leonard was a 25 percent 3 pt shooter in college and shot 45 percent from 3 last year.

What Mazz is saying is not realistic.  It's quite the opposite. 

What he is saying is to get a rise out of people so they listen to his show and call in etc.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:41:33 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 06:58:18 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I also hated the pick.  I also wanted to smash my head against a wall when they made the pick.  Players that can't shoot rarely become good. 

Mazz is realistic? What did he say there that was realistic at all?

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
It also rained, today ;D.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
That network has to hire better people for basketball. Even Kyle Draper is awful. Scal is okay, Tommy is a legend, and Mike Gorman is one of the best in the business, but besides that, their basketball talent is lacking.
Pretty much agree. About Gorman, he's a legend and I love him, but he doesn't have a brilliant basketball mind, just a lot of experience watching the Celtics.

However, the CSNNE group is still far better than the radio guys. So glad I tuned them out a few years ago. Get Sirius XM and listen to NBA Radio, much better.

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pretty much agree. About Gorman, he's a legend and I love him, but he doesn't have a brilliant basketball mind, just a lot of experience watching the Celtics.

It is debatable whether Mazz has a brilliant mind, too.   The guy hates the C's and does not know basketball, he knows that so he avoids it.

One show post draft his shirt was unbuttoned so low, he must have thought he was channeling Rick Barry from the Triple Overtime game.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It is debatable whether Mazz has a brilliant mind, too.   The guy hates the C's and does not know basketball, he knows that so he avoids it.

One show post draft his shirt was unbuttoned so low, he must have thought he was channeling Rick Barry from the Triple Overtime game.
Well THAT is brilliant.  ;). Certainly more than Felger who pretends he know hoops, and doesn't know squat. Oh, and he hates his current hometown team. Go back to Milwaukee.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Just called RJ Hunter a second round pick, even Felger knew Hunter was a first...

Apparently Jason Kidd is the only player ever to improve as a shooter when they left college to go to the NBA...

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson