Poll

When would you prefer the Celticsblog Draft to be held?

Early Aug (Aug 1-20)
Early Sept (Sep 1-20)
Either one is good for me

Author Topic: CB Draft 2016 interest thread: 30 teams set; Draft slots round TODAY @ 11am!  (Read 134199 times)

Re: 2016 CelticsBlog Draft interest thread(?)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 01:24:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We (my wife and I) just had our second baby and we're in the middle of DKC Free Agency, so I won't have the time (unless it is way later in the summer) but if anyone is on the fence, I encourage people to join. Especially first-timers who don't know if they can figure it out or not. You CAN figure it out. It WILL be more fun than you think. Advice to win: Don't take it too seriously, and don't pick LeBron, that's a cheat.

I second this.  It's a good time.  I'm unofficially retired from the CB Draft, but other than the KG trade and the title run, it's the most fun I've had on this blog.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 01:52:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We (my wife and I) just had our second baby and we're in the middle of DKC Free Agency, so I won't have the time (unless it is way later in the summer) but if anyone is on the fence, I encourage people to join. Especially first-timers who don't know if they can figure it out or not. You CAN figure it out. It WILL be more fun than you think. Advice to win: Don't take it too seriously, and don't pick LeBron, that's a cheat.

I second this.  It's a good time.  I'm unofficially retired from the CB Draft, but other than the KG trade and the title run, it's the most fun I've had on this blog.

C'mon, Roy...

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I wonder, where's triboy and Chris22 in all of this?

With those guys posting a lot of stuff about drafting and who's good and bad, I feel this is the perfect game for them.

I've purposely not reached out to any otehr posters but encourage anyone else to.

FWIW, we're at 20 of 30 teams (18 if the timing doesn't work for 2 GMs)

-------------------

WARNING: If this happens it's gonna be old-school and low-key. I really don't have the time or energy for someone turning this into who can overwhelm everyone else with 40,000 words and embeded synergy screen grabs. Go be Zach Lowe's intern if that's what you're looking for.  ;D

For me, it was fun to get to know other CB posters via who they picked, how they interacted, what *kind* of teams they built --- not how high they could turn the flames up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:13:20 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01:56 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Am I the only GM to not "win" with Lebron?!? (not that i'm bitter lol)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
If we end up doing this here are the roles that I'd love someone to take on (including folks not playing like IP and Roy if you like). THink about volunteering for:

A. Commish and/or Assistant to the Commissioner if I end up being commish which I'd rather not.

B. NBA Liver -- Doesn't involve drinking. One twist I'm considering is having someone putting the rosters into NBA Live (or something similar) and simulating the season and/or playoff matchups. These results woudl count for a PERCENTAGE of the final vote (maybe 40% simulation, 60% CB voting? 30/70?)

C. Keepr of the Rosters -- Making and updating daily the rosters on a CB post for the world to see.

D. David Stern Mafia -- 2 or 4 people who'd along with the commish vote on the very small number of potentially vetoable trades. Always prickly subject, but IMO DKC. Hopefully they'd get the position then do nothing -- sort of like Paul Gaston  8)

IMO, chilling out arguments, keeping things moving, having a good time.... those will be everyone's responsibility.

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If we end up doing this here are the roles that I'd love someone to take on (including folks not playing like IP and Roy if you like). THink about volunteering for:

A. Commish and/or Assistant to the Commissioner if I end up being commish which I'd rather not.

B. NBA Liver -- Doesn't involve drinking. One twist I'm considering is having someone putting the rosters into NBA Live (or something similar) and simulating the season and/or playoff matchups. These results woudl count for a PERCENTAGE of the final vote (maybe 40% simulation, 60% CB voting? 30/70?)

C. Keepr of the Rosters -- Making and updating daily the rosters on a CB post for the world to see.

D. David Stern Mafia -- 2 or 4 people who'd along with the commish vote on the very small number of potentially vetoable trades. Always prickly subject, but IMO DKC. Hopefully they'd get the position then do nothing -- sort of like Paul Gaston  8)

IMO, chilling out arguments, keeping things moving, having a good time.... those will be everyone's responsibility.

This would be easy to commish if not for the trades.

I do have a suggestion though, and I will be willing to help with this if needed be. Just to make it easy for us. A little modifier that will not at all kill the essence of CB Draft.

TRADE PERIODS.

I saw how confusing and crazy processing the trades, so what if we have dedicated day/s of nothing but just trade submissions, processing and roster updating to make it less confusing.

Here's my idea, we will pick 12 players, right? So we'll have a trade period at the end of every 4 rounds. For four rounds, we can discuss trades if we want, but we can't send trade proposals to the commissioner's. We can only do so on Trade Periods, a dedicated day for it.

We'll have a trade period a day before we start drafting, so people who want to trade their first round picks can do so. 

Then another one after the 4th round.

Another one after the 8th round.

And one final one after we finish drafting, for people who aren't happy with their team and want to retool.

The trade periods will be open from 6AM to 5PM Eastern time (that should give us time to process the trades and go on with drafting the next day).

I could help out processing the trades as long as there's no other drafting activity happening. I don't think I can do real time trades and draft and stuff.

If everyone is willing, I propose this plan. I would be willing to help out in this kind of scenario. I could process the trades, update the picks moving and available for each GM's and update rosters.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 03:35:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Commished once before GC. Be happy to help anyway I can

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 05:00:35 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
THE Walker Wiggle remembers.

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 05:12:15 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Also since i don't watch this show .... no Lord of the King of the Thrones references this year.

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I am interested in joining.

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 05:33:14 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Depending on the dates of the draft.....I am in

Yeah... What are dates and times etc

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 05:50:15 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Also since i don't watch this show .... no Lord of the King of the Thrones references this year.

I'll now only accept trade offers that adress me by my new title.

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 05:58:05 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

I'll now only accept trade offers that adress me by my new title.

Does this mean you're in.... or are you just randomly accepting trade offers?