Author Topic: Jaylen is not just an athlete  (Read 2455 times)

Re: Jaylen is not just an athlete
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 09:37:04 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I read this article which gave a little insight into Brown's play at Cal.   https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/4q2s2j/translation_an_interview_with_a_data_analyst/

One interesting take away is that it pointed out why he played poorly at the end of the season.  In a game at Arizona on March 3rd, Brown was called for 3 offensive fouls when trying to drive to the hoop and fouled out of the game.  Some argued that Arizona was flopping and Brown got a bad break.  After that game, he was very tentative on the offensive end which led to his poor performance.  Those games included the conference and NCAA tournament which is when a lot of people were watching and therefore have a bad impression of him.  Prior to that he had been on a roll.  It's not an excuse, but it is an understandable reason especially for a freshman.

If you look at his game log, you'll see that game was the start of his poor play.  http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jaylen-brown-1/gamelog/

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I read this article which gave a little insight into Brown's play at Cal.   https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/4q2s2j/translation_an_interview_with_a_data_analyst/

One interesting take away is that it pointed out why he played poorly at the end of the season.  In a game at Arizona on March 3rd, Brown was called for 3 offensive fouls when trying to drive to the hoop and fouled out of the game.  Some argued that Arizona was flopping and Brown got a bad break.  After that game, he was very tentative on the offensive end which led to his poor performance.  Those games included the conference and NCAA tournament which is when a lot of people were watching and therefore have a bad impression of him.  Prior to that he had been on a roll.  It's not an excuse, but it is an understandable reason especially for a freshman.

If you look at his game log, you'll see that game was the start of his poor play.  http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jaylen-brown-1/gamelog/

Lol, way to learn from your mistakes (sarcasm) ::) ;D. GP II locked him up two games after this one against Arizona, despite giving away 4 inches and 50 lbs :o. He also 'chipped in' 20 points on 7-15 fg, 1/3 3pt, and 5/7 ft to go along with 17 rebounds :o, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 5 turnovers, and 3 fouls.  Holy crap.  What a player, and a two way one, at that.  How on earth did he go undrafted?  Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:06:31 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I honestly don't want Lebron and his ball hogging ways.  It's like Wilt Chamberlain to me.  Love was nearly invisible because of Lebron's style of play.  Westbrook is the same kind of player.  I'd rather build a team with 5 guys who can all contribute.  Larry, MChale, Parish were all able to do that with Ainge and Dj.  So were Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn etc.  Pierce, Ray and Garnett.  I think teams like that are much more difficult to stop. Lebron is not the perfect player.  He has his drawbacks.  His record in the finals is still telling as well. When he gets up against great competition he is very beatable.

Chamberlain had his own issues.  He had an allstar team just like Russell but wasn't as good.  Sorry. Lebron is overrated the same way.

I don't blame the media. I just think the media perception is what it is.  It doesn't mean it's right or absolute.  There are other ways and better ways to do things.  A lot of people think the media is reality. They aren't educated in other ways and a lot of it is ignorance.  The media will run with what sells a lot of the time.  It's slanted that way.

The Celtics on the other hand do things their way.  A lot of people in general are ignorant to how the Celtics actually do things. 

I hear it myself with people who don't even know me or how I think. Especially on the internet.  What people think isn't reality sometimes.

The Celtics as an organization have 17 titles in their history. More than any other team.   They are pretty good.

That's not to say I wouldn't take Lebron under the right situation either.  He's a great player and human like anyone else.  I think right now though he is doing things his way and it's not in the cards. It's still too much about him right now imo.

Neither do I, but I'd love to have a guy who could give you 30, 8, and 8, wouldn't you, lol?  As long as he plays the right way, of course.