Author Topic: Delonte West...sad, sad story  (Read 4322 times)

Delonte West...sad, sad story
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Delonte was one of my favorite Celtics when he came in to the league.  I even rooted for him on other teams and always pulled for him to make it.  Say what you want, but he needs prayer instead of criticism. Sure, we would have done things differently because we are so much better but those that believe in a higher power, just throw one up for DWest.  Mental illness is real...

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/20/delonte-west-nba-houston-photo/

http://www.preciseearz.com/delonte-west-reportedly-homeless-begging-money-street-corner/

"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Delonte West...sad, sad story
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:41:12 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
West claims that he was helping a man with no legs panhandle in 90 degree heat.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Still miss Delonte West. I don't think people understand he definitely made an impact. Players like him are vital for the benches chemistry, and his contributions was just as vital too.

Sadly, West kind of put it on himself, and eventually his demeanor, disparaging comments, and negative attitude in conceding to D-League trips to get an NBA contract back fired on him. He had a lot of opportunities from what I've seen, but he simply squandered it.

Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad day, but alas... At the end of the day, the actions he done in the past, were obviously going to be met with dire consequences.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:47:24 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
He was as solid a player as you can be. Very well rounded at the guard positions especially off the bench. Could've had a good long career. It's truly sad.. I wish the man the best of luck

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Lebtons mom

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19

That's what I hear as well. I personally think he needs to develop that Stephon Marbury mindset and just accept that his days in the NBA are over. He's black-balled, He did his part , humbled himself played in D-league, put up great numbers yet no-one is interested. I think he needs to go back to China and make the best of that and be open minded. I love being american but having traveled and lived in various other countries , USA/NBA is not the end all be all. He should go back to China and wreck shop. Weird people actually have that mindset that if you make a million dollars outside the US somehow it doesn't count.

I see folk online and on twitter actually having the nerve to criticize Marbury and dismiss what he has accomplished (winning 3 CBA titles in last 5 years, Statue built for him, Museum, getting wayyy more playing time that he EVER would at this stage of his career, superstar status etc) and are like "lol he couldn't do it in NBA what a loser" WHAT!!??!! Marbury trying to give up what he has there in CBA & trying to make an NBA comeback will be one of the dumbest things he could ever do. (Not to mention CBA season plays less than half the games NBA plays, less wear on his body). Sorry i'm rambling but bottomline, D west needs to just play overseas and again do damage and try to conquer another market. His NBA days are over and it has nothing to do with his play on the court. Blackballed just like Mahmoud Abdul Rauf back in the day. Had NOTHING to do with basketball. That would be my advice to him if I knew him personally.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Hey, instead of a dehumanizing armchair-diagnosis and automatic condescending pity, how about people listen to Delonte.

https://www.theroot.com/blog/the-grapevine/delonte-west-says-hes-not-homeless/

“I was helping a homeless man in my neighborhood that’s paralyzed from [the] neck down. I parked my car and got out to help because it was 90-degree weather and I was feeling blessed at the moment for just having legs,” West said.

Sounds like the epitome of both sane and humane to me.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

That's what I hear as well. I personally think he needs to develop that Stephon Marbury mindset and just accept that his days in the NBA are over. He's black-balled, He did his part , humbled himself played in D-league, put up great numbers yet no-one is interested. I think he needs to go back to China and make the best of that and be open minded. I love being american but having traveled and lived in various other countries , USA/NBA is not the end all be all. He should go back to China and wreck shop. Weird people actually have that mindset that if you make a million dollars outside the US somehow it doesn't count.

I see folk online and on twitter actually having the nerve to criticize Marbury and dismiss what he has accomplished (winning 3 CBA titles in last 5 years, Statue built for him, Museum, getting wayyy more playing time that he EVER would at this stage of his career, superstar status etc) and are like "lol he couldn't do it in NBA what a loser" WHAT!!??!! Marbury trying to give up what he has there in CBA & trying to make an NBA comeback will be one of the dumbest things he could ever do. (Not to mention CBA season plays less than half the games NBA plays, less wear on his body). Sorry i'm rambling but bottomline, D west needs to just play overseas and again do damage and try to conquer another market. His NBA days are over and it has nothing to do with his play on the court. Blackballed just like Mahmoud Abdul Rauf back in the day. Had NOTHING to do with basketball. That would be my advice to him if I knew him personally.

If he doesn't want to go play in China, why is that an issue?  If he's happy where he's at now, there's no reason for him to travel halfway around the globe.  It's not like he's actually homeless
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Hey, instead of a dehumanizing armchair-diagnosis and automatic condescending pity, how about people listen to Delonte.

“I was helping a homeless man in my neighborhood that’s paralyzed from [the] neck down. I parked my car and got out to help because it was 90-degree weather and I was feeling blessed at the moment for just having legs,” West said.

Nicely said.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 02:18:56 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19

If he doesn't want to go play in China, why is that an issue?  If he's happy where he's at now, there's no reason for him to travel halfway around the globe.  It's not like he's actually homeless

Fair enough it's his life. But if he wants to play baskeball again (which he's not doing now, he was cut from his D-league team after his injury) I don't think NBA is going to work out. Neither of us were there but despite his denial i've heard other players and former coaches say He was doing the "horizontal polka" with Lebron's mom and his history of having mental issues. I don't think an NBA team will give him a shot. I really don't. Again that is just my opinion. He's played there before soo, unless it was a horrid experience. I don't think torturing himself ( I saw a doc on him where he would go through bouts of depression because of his black ball status) is a good thing. Do the Marbury/Trajan Langdon thing and move on with your life.

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Maybe it's even true.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 02:39:47 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I met Delonte when he was rookie, he visited my middle school in Boston. I didn't know much basketball so I just asked him silly kid questions like "what's that thing on your face" lol but remembering it now, he was happy in Boston, and he offered good advice to impoverished kids, he's a good guy. Hate to see him like this...

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 02:55:36 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I met Delonte when he was rookie, he visited my middle school in Boston. I didn't know much basketball so I just asked him silly kid questions like "what's that thing on your face" lol but remembering it now, he was happy in Boston, and he offered good advice to impoverished kids, he's a good guy. Hate to see him like this...

You hate to see him get out of his air-conditioned car to do a good deed in 90 degree heat for a quadriplegic homeless because it occurred to him how blessed he was to have legs? You sure?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

You hate to see him get out of his air-conditioned car to do a good deed in 90 degree heat for a quadriplegic homeless because it occurred to him how blessed he was to have legs? You sure?

Yeah... uhh, he's not fooling anyone  :(

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 03:15:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah... uhh, he's not fooling anyone  :(

That's obviously not true. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson