Author Topic: Al Horford Drawing Interest From Teams Including Boston  (Read 2819 times)

Re: Al Horford Drawing Interest From Teams Including Boston
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 05:24:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yooooooo...isn't that the second "only the Celtics" factoid? 1. Only the Celtics have a KD meeting and two max slots. 2. Only the Celtics have a KD meeting and a Horford meeting. I've mostly steered clear from Durant daydreams, but that's...uh, interesting, no? If that were another team instead of us, wouldn't we be like, "Well, duh, of course they're the favorites"? Plus the fun factor, the family factor, the tradition, the fan factor. Plus the Ainge factor, and the Stevens factor. Plus a big ol' stash of intriguing prospects (about 2/3 of the roster are prospects lol) and luscious picks to keep the roster continually stocked during his prime.
He wants to win now he doesn't care about future assets. Horford is not that good there are better players on all these other teams he's got meetings with. Our best things going is our coach and being in the east theres a slightly easier path to the finals. I don't think that's enough.

Btw if he wanted to play with Horford so bad why wouldn't he go to Atlanta?

Because Atlanta is old, they traded away their starting all-star PG for a pick, they are losing a solid starter in Bazemore, and their fanbase sucks. Their future looks dire, at best.

If Horford stays in Atl, he will be more loyal than KG ever was in Minny. Atlanta is a sinking ship, but, hey, at least they barely beat the Cs without AB, KO, and half of Crowder.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Please danny do not sign and overpay horford

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Whether you like the price or not, Durant is NOT signing with this Celtics roster, despite all the hyperbole about it on this board.

There's nothing here as of today he can win a title with.

So someone's going to have to open the checkbook and actually produce some fireworks instead of prattling incessantly about it, or Kevin Durant will go elsewhere.

All for negative spins to counteract the overly positive. However, to suggest players like I.T (Who just made the allstar game) and AB who just made the all defense 1st team are 'nothing' is a little wacko.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Whether you like the price or not, Durant is NOT signing with this Celtics roster, despite all the hyperbole about it on this board.

So someone's going to have to open the checkbook and actually produce some fireworks instead of prattling incessantly about it, or Kevin Durant will go elsewhere.

All for negative spins to counteract the overly positive. However, to suggest players like I.T (Who just made the allstar game) and AB who just made the all defense 1st team are 'nothing' is a little wacko.

I think a lineup of IT-AB-KD-Crowder-Horford, with Smart-Brown-JJ-KO-Amir as reserves, would give Cleveland a run for its money.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 08:44:52 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think they would have a much better shot at Horford if they could assure him they would add another scorer. Like Durant or Love or Butler. Or somebody else.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 08:46:52 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I think a lineup of IT-AB-KD-Crowder-Horford, with Smart-Brown-JJ-KO-Amir as reserves, would give Cleveland a run for its money.

There's no way we can keep Amir and Jonas if we sign KD and Horford
I'm bitter.

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 08:52:17 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I have a feeling the plan is to sign Horford even though Durant most likely won't be coming to Boston this year. Then go through the season and hopefully be a 2 or 3 seed and make a run at Durant next year.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 08:56:57 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

There's no way we can keep Amir and Jonas if we sign KD and Horford

Certainly not with that attitude, Jim.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 09:01:04 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

...or Isaiah-Bradley-Durant-Crowder-Horford with Rozier-Smart-Brown-Kelly-Amir as reserves. Yep. A run for its money. I would bet on those Celtics in 7 games.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.