Author Topic: Memphis has declined Lance Stephenson's $9.4M team option.  (Read 805 times)

Memphis has declined Lance Stephenson's $9.4M team option.
« on: June 27, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Re: Memphis has declined Lance Stephenson's $9.4M team option.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
PLEASE GO BACK TO INDY!  The Pacers would have beaten the Raptors, maybe in 5 games or so, if Lance had been there with George, imo. 

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:35:12 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
He got fat and happy after he got paid.  He's all done.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Brooklyn.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Does Calderon and Taj for Brooke work?

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Stephenson actually played a lot better once he landed in Memphis. I'm surprised they didn't want him back because a $9 million dollar contract with the rising cap is a bargain for someone like Stephenson. Unless of course they are re-building, in which case, I'm thrilled if they are doing that for obvious reasons.

Seriously though, if Stephenson goes back to Indiana, that could make them an even scarier team than they already are. They've had the best off-season so far.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Stephenson is definitely on track to go to the Nets, or back to the Pacers. The Pacers have way too many guards though. Someone is definitely getting cut from CJ Miles or Rodney Stuckey.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Stephenson actually played a lot better once he landed in Memphis. I'm surprised they didn't want him back because a $9 million dollar contract with the rising cap is a bargain for someone like Stephenson. Unless of course they are re-building, in which case, I'm thrilled if they are doing that for obvious reasons.

Seriously though, if Stephenson goes back to Indiana, that could make them an even scarier team than they already are. They've had the best off-season so far.

Idk about that.  Knowing how the draft played out with this latest piece of information regarding Stephenson makes me wonder if they would have been better off trading George Hill for 12 from Utah, taking Demetrius Jackson, there, using 20 on Levert, 50 on Bentil, and signing GP II, Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House, Georges Niang, Yogi Ferrell, and Daniel Ochefu, let their free agents in Jordan Hill and Ian Mahinmi, trade Ellis for Afflalo, get Stephenson back, and they're ready to go, now and for the future.

Starting lineup -

Ochefu
Turner
George
Afflalo
Stephenson

Bench -

Levert
Jackson
GP II
Joe Young
Yogi
Niang
McClellan
House
Bentil
Uthoff

Obviously, they'd need another big guy off the bench, so maybe put Turner at center and Bentil/Niang at the 4 spot?  Would they be interested in Hibbert returning?  Probably not, lol, but if he did, a lineup of Hibbert, Turner, George, Afflalo, and Stephenson would prove to be quite a problem for the Cavs, imo, and that's not even factoring in the play of their new and improved bench.  Oh well.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 11:33:10 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Stephenson and Rondo seem like a perfect backcourt for a team like the Nets that has no reason to tank for the next two seasons. They're both talented and have an edge to their behavior that makes many teams not want to commit serious dollars and years to them. Along with Lopez, they could easily devalue our pick next year with wins from their talent alone. They have the cap space to overpay them for the next two years and then let them go while racking up enough wins to not completely alienate their fanbase.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 11:42:03 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think he'd be a perfect fit in New York along side Derek Rose and Dwight Howard, if the rumors about Dwight (going to New York) are correct.

New York has been the ultimate haven for boneheads lately, and seems like they're trying to prove that they still have what it takes to draw the biggest nutjobs in the league.