Poll

Ingram or Brown

Brown
34 (43%)
Ingram
45 (57%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Poll: Who would you rather have Now, Ingram or Brown  (Read 5394 times)

Re: Poll: Who would you rather have Now, Ingram or Brown
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 08:02:04 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Ingram and it's not close.

We needed shooters. Ingram can shoot. Brown can't.

But I keep forgetting how much we love non-shooters in Boston.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 08:16:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brown

I dont think Ingram can beat Brown 1 on 1 on the offensive end. We all saw that brown block on ingram at the 2015 mcdonalds game

Ingram on the other hand cant stay in front of brown

Ingram has ways to go physically. And once he bulks up he will lose his quickness and possibly turn into Jabari Parker

Brown already has a nba body and who know hoe much more "beast" he can get
Ingram is not going to become a power lifter.  Adding some more muscle will if anything improve his quickness and certainly improve his explosiveness.  He hasn't even turned 19 yet. 

Brown's NBA body didn't make him a beast in college and it certainly won't in the NBA.

And on what team was Ingram on?

Lets see what Ingram can do in Cal with little to no help

Everybody in the top 8 were on good teams (nba calubre prospects) except Hield and Brown

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 08:26:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Brown

I dont think Ingram can beat Brown 1 on 1 on the offensive end. We all saw that brown block on ingram at the 2015 mcdonalds game

Ingram has ways to go physically. And once he bulks up he will lose his quickness and possibly turn into Jabari Parker

Who actually puts on normal weight and turns into an athletic stiff?  People were saying that about Bender also.  Lamarcus Aldridge was a stick when he was drafted, too bad he's such a stiff now :o

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 08:37:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brown

Who actually puts on normal weight and turns into an athletic stiff?  People were saying that about Bender also.  Lamarcus Aldridge was a stick when he was drafted, too bad he's such a stiff now :o

How many C/PF players turn from aldridge stage 1 into aldrige stage 5 (physically) ??

There are alot more pf/c that are drafted like a Ryan Hollins and never physically develop.   

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 10:17:46 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Brown

Ingram is not going to become a power lifter.  Adding some more muscle will if anything improve his quickness and certainly improve his explosiveness.  He hasn't even turned 19 yet. 

Brown's NBA body didn't make him a beast in college and it certainly won't in the NBA.

And on what team was Ingram on?

Lets see what Ingram can do in Cal with little to no help

Everybody in the top 8 were on good teams (nba calubre prospects) except Hield and Brown
While it can help, a good college team isn't driven by the number of NBA caliber prospects on it.  Simmons and Chriss were arguably on the worst teams considering neither made the tournament.  At Cal, Brown played on a better team which included Ivan Robb who is projected in the top 10 of next year's draft. 

As for Ingram, Duke was not loaded with NBA talent and they had little depth.  When their starting PF went down in the season, Ingram was forced to be their PF and did a good job even though he gave up 20+ lbs most games while playing nearly 35 minutes per game.  Of his teammates, Grayson Allen probably has the best NBA prospects but he's a late 1st rounder at best so he went back for his junior year. 

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Brown

How many C/PF players turn from aldridge stage 1 into aldrige stage 5 (physically) ??

There are alot more pf/c that are drafted like a Ryan Hollins and never physically develop.
Ingram will be an NBA sg/sf.  Even if he doesn't add weight, he'll be able to play sg.  However, Ingram is only 18 and he added more than 20lbs at Duke so there is every reason to believe he'll be able to develop more physically with NBA strength training. 

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 02:07:28 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'd love to revisit this question now.  In a redraft of the 2016 Draft I would take Brown over Ingram in a heartbeat.  And depending on your view of a 6'10" point guard who can't shoot outside of nine feet, I might also consider taking Brown #1. 

Simmons is an elite talent, but in the playoffs you can't win a championship if you can't shoot a jumper.  Not unless everyone else around you is a world-beater (see: Rondo, Rajon).  And even Rondo could actually hit some outside shots.

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

*cough*
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 02:17:27 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Don’t forget the Fire Danny thread after the Jaylen pick

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85550.0

In all seriousness, Brown all the way.

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 02:20:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'd love to revisit this question now.  In a redraft of the 2016 Draft I would take Brown over Ingram in a heartbeat.  And depending on your view of a 6'10" point guard who can't shoot outside of nine feet, I might also consider taking Brown #1. 

Simmons is an elite talent, but in the playoffs you can't win a championship if you can't shoot a jumper.  Not unless everyone else around you is a world-beater (see: Rondo, Rajon).  And even Rondo could actually hit some outside shots.

I don't know why you're sleeping on Ingram, who's body still needs to mature plenty (like Tatum's) and is still a full year younger than Brown, and had a better offensive game this year. Now defense (and injury) is something to consider though, but I'm not dismissing Ingram for a second.

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 02:21:44 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I think Brown is clearly the better player out of the two. This playoff run, has changed the question to Simmons or Brown. If given the option, I would choose Brown. I don't ever recall seeing a star player like Simmons, absolutely afraid to shoot like he did in the last series. Simmons also reminds me of James Harden when it comes to crunch time, where he completely loses his mind and forgets the basics and panics.

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Don’t forget the Fire Danny thread after the Jaylen pick

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85550.0

In all seriousness, Brown all the way.

There are some absolutely cringe worthy posts in that thread.   Wow.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

I don't know why you're sleeping on Ingram, who's body still needs to mature plenty (like Tatum's) and is still a full year younger than Brown, and had a better offensive game this year. Now defense (and injury) is something to consider though, but I'm not dismissing Ingram for a second.

I'm not sleeping on Ingram.  He's going to be an excellent offensive player one day.  Maybe even a Jamal Crawford type.  But his body is never going to mature.  That dude is 100% ectomorph and he may put on 5-10lbs of muscle in an off-season, and then he'll burn it off halfway through the regular season.  He's like a marathoner, he's just not built for bulk.

As for his overall game, Brown is a superior defender.  Ingram, not so much.  I just think Brown is the better choice in a redraft of the 2016 draft.

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.