Poll

Ingram or Brown

Brown
34 (43%)
Ingram
45 (57%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Poll: Who would you rather have Now, Ingram or Brown  (Read 5385 times)

Re: Poll: Who would you rather have Now, Ingram or Brown
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I have high hopes for Brown, but there is zero reasonable argument to say him over Ingram at this point.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Brown because that's who we drafted!!

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 12:33:34 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Ingram looks famished, dazed and confused. I am pleased with Brown, who could become Truth 2.0.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 12:36:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ingram looks famished, dazed and confused. I am pleased with Brown, who could become Truth 2.0.

Dude looks high as Jeremy Lamb, lol ;D.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 12:39:37 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Ingram because his jump shot won't break a backboard. If the Lakers had drafted Brown, most of the pro-Brown vote would quickly become pro-Ingram voters. A more interesting poll might be Brown vs Dunn.  Dunn, because he has more trade value.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:07:14 AM by Irish Stew »

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 12:41:37 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Still Ingram for me, but a more interesting question might be "Who would you rather have for the 2016-17 season?"
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 12:44:00 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Ainge said that he considered brown to be the second best player in the draft, after Ingram

I will follow his thoughts and go with Ingram.

When did he say this?

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 12:44:35 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Dude looks high as Jeremy Lamb, lol ;D.

Hahahaahha
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 12:46:33 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Ainge said that he considered brown to be the second best player in the draft, after Ingram

I will follow his thoughts and go with Ingram.

When did he say this?
Please refer to another poster on page one of this thread.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 01:50:48 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Brown

I dont think Ingram can beat Brown 1 on 1 on the offensive end. We all saw that brown block on ingram at the 2015 mcdonalds game

Ingram on the other hand cant stay in front of brown

Ingram has ways to go physically. And once he bulks up he will lose his quickness and possibly turn into Jabari Parker

Brown already has a nba body and who know hoe much more "beast" he can get
Ingram is not going to become a power lifter.  Adding some more muscle will if anything improve his quickness and certainly improve his explosiveness.  He hasn't even turned 19 yet. 

Brown's NBA body didn't make him a beast in college and it certainly won't in the NBA. 

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 02:03:37 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Ingram, no doubt.  His ceiling may be lower but his floor is a lot higher. 

But Brown's our guy now.  Gotta hope Stevens works his magic.

An interesting assessment, because I actually felt the opposite.

I think Jaylen's floor is higher because:
1) He has an NBA body right now
2) He has the tools to be a good defender right now
3) He is a good rebounder
4) He should be able to get to the rim right now

Those are all things that should make him at least a solid NBA player, since guys in Brown's mould (defensive minded athletic wings) tend to become solid NBA starters.

Ingram on the other hand is a very skinny and long kid who doesn't have an NBA body right now, and will be punished by the physicality of NBA players.  I think his floor is quite low, because if he doesn't improve his strength there is no guarantee he'll ever be good enough to be a rotation NBA player - shooting alone won't get him there, and he's a gamble in all the other areas.   However if it all comes together, and he does improve his body, and he improves defensively, then there's really no limit to how good he could become.

I feel Brown is much more of a sure thing then Ingram is, but I think Ingram has higher upside because he has unique size / length that could allow him to become truly dominant if all else comes together. .

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 02:10:37 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Brown, cause we're already gonna have our Bigger and Better version of Ingram, once KD gets here.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 05:46:59 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Jaylen Brown because he attacks the rim, has an NBA body and can play defense. I'm so happy with this pick. The Celtics need this kind of player. Haven't had this type of player since we traded Paul Pierce my all time favorite Celtic behind Larry Bird. Remember guys, the big three was built around Paul Pierce.

Another thing to note here; Durant is meeting with each of these teams, not to sign on this year but rather to interview for next offseason. He's no doubtingly staying with OKC for one more year. All he's doing is giving each team an early interview to let them know what players he wants them to sign before he signs with them next year. Kinda giving each team time to acquire the players he'd like to play with. So don't get all excited over nothing then call for Ainge head when KD signs back with OKC

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 05:47:17 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Jaylen Brown because he attacks the rim, has an NBA body and can play defense. I'm so happy with this pick. The Celtics need this kind of player. Haven't had this type of player since we traded Paul Pierce my all time favorite Celtic behind Larry Bird. Remember guys, the big three was built around Paul Pierce.

Another thing to note here; Durant is meeting with each of these teams, not to sign on this year but rather to interview for next offseason. He's no doubtingly staying with OKC for one more year. All he's doing is giving each team an early interview to let them know what players he wants them to sign before he signs with them next year. Kinda giving each team time to acquire the players he'd like to play with. So don't get all excited over nothing then call for Ainge head when KD signs back with OKC

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 07:17:28 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
jaylen for his defence and transition game-ingram could have trouble with nba height weight and athleticism-for some time-
-did everyone see the video of isaiah mentoring brown and teaching him to make music dribbling the ball-the guy can make music!!!-isaiah was great  explaining the importance of making the guys who buy popcorn and drinks feel it-
one thought kept coming up -jaylen wants to help people,  that he could with his intellect just walk away-don't laugh cowens did,russell wouldn't sign autographs i had one that rollie got me they were really rare-