Author Topic: Bobby Marks like our KD chances, but not as much as OKCs  (Read 6464 times)

Bobby Marks like our KD chances, but not as much as OKCs
« on: June 27, 2016, 04:49:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider--kevin-durant-s-options-184021631.html

Interesting article. Its more talking about fits and stuff like that as opposed to predicting what KD would do, but if Im thinking correctly Marks is a fairly respected guy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:56:40 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Bobby Marks like our KD chances, but not as much as OKCs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider--kevin-durant-s-options-184021631.html

Interesting article. Its all speculation but if Im thinking correctly Marks is a fairly respected guy.
based on his cap analysis Miami's cap situation makes it basically impossible (Whiteside and Wade to sign for a total of 18 mil? no way)

The Clippers is sketchy too. In order to do it they have to sign and trade KD for Blake and I guess thats really hard in the current CBA.

The spurs and Warriors can keep their cores, but pretty much lose everything else.

Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Interesting article. Its all speculation but if Im thinking correctly Marks is a fairly respected guy.

He is well-respected, and he has some interesting points to make - especially in light of what I heard today is the growing likelihood of Westbrook's departure for the West Coast next year.

Should it not work out - and I still doubt that Durant lands anywhere but OKC - it would be interesting to afford Glenn Rivers a draft picks for Blake Griffin deal should the Clippers acquire traction with Durant.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 05:00:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
hmm it is interesting. A few points that I think are nearly impossible

GSW -

renouncing rights/trade Bogut, Iggy and Barnes. I get Barnes's finals performance might tank his value a bit, but Iggy and Bogut has been huge for GSW in the last two years with their defense. Sure you get Durant which is great but how realistic is it to trade those 2 for Durant and even if you do trade them, will Durant be ok with being the #2 guy behind Curry? That sounds like a major chemistry change in my opinion

Spurs -

Renouncing rights to Duncan and Giniobli, I just don't see that happening. The Spurs has been very loyal to Duncan, I don't think this is a move they'll make

Clips -

I think it's possible if they trade away Blake Griffin but I don't see it as a possible destination for KD

Miami -

Do you think it's possible DWade takes a huge paycut at 8 mil? Whiteside at 10 mil with salary cap expected to go up? a defensive center whom some teams might give him the max for? And Chris Bosh's health? Doesn't sound like a healthy/stable team going forward

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 05:10:37 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

He is well-respected, and he has some interesting points to make - especially in light of what I heard today is the growing likelihood of Westbrook's departure for the West Coast next year.

Should it not work out - and I still doubt that Durant lands anywhere but OKC - it would be interesting to afford Glenn Rivers a draft picks for Blake Griffin deal should the Clippers acquire traction with Durant.

I wonder how much better swapping Griffin for Durant would even make the Clippers.  The spacing would improve and they'd win a few more games, but would they be legit contenders? If I'm Durant,  I don't know that I'd risk it.  Better off with the Spurs, Warriors, OKC, or Boston
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 05:16:08 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

I wonder how much better swapping Griffin for Durant would even make the Clippers.  The spacing would improve and they'd win a few more games, but would they be legit contenders? If I'm Durant,  I don't know that I'd risk it.  Better off with the Spurs, Warriors, OKC, or Boston

I also wouldn't mind getting in on the Bogut fire sale - for a temporary solution - should the Warriors land Durant.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 05:16:19 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

Hmm...hadn't though of that--but I bet Ainge has....we could deal very little for Blake--to allow Doc to sign Durant....Doc owes Danny for trading his kid to him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wrote an article about this yesterday.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/26/12033394/the-race-for-durant

As always, incredibly informative. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us here at CB.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 05:22:52 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

Hmm...hadn't though of that--but I bet Ainge has....we could deal very little for Blake--to allow Doc to sign Durant....Doc owes Danny for trading his kid to him.

I think the Clippers might be the biggest long shot in the Marks article - but Durant has a west coast home, si?

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 05:29:12 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Off topic But, what if we ended up with Blake Griffin (for some non Brooklyn Draft Picks) instead of Durant-?

Good-? Bad-?

Who would we sign or trade for after that ?

(Cart>>>Horse)

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He either stays with OKC or comes to Boston.  None of those other teams make any sense.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
He either stays with OKC or comes to Boston.  None of those other teams make any sense.

at least he doesn't have a meeting with the Lakers......yet.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Im starting to  come into that camp. Ive dismissed Miami and LA. GSW just doesnt feel right, but I cannot justify picking us over San Antonio. Itd be his team, hed have all the stability in the world, hed have a better coach, and a better supporting cast.

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wrote an article about this yesterday.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/26/12033394/the-race-for-durant

As always, incredibly informative. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us here at CB.

Thanks, and you're welcome!