Author Topic: My Preferred Plan B If We Lose Out On Durant: Go Big With...  (Read 1871 times)

Re: My Preferred Plan B If We Lose Out On Durant: Go Big With...
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Crowder, Olynyk, our 2018 pick for K Love

I see Crowder and Olynyk as more valuable than the '17 pick, although I admit that may be short-sighted on my part. One is a cheap starter we're going to need in order to compete next year and the other is a cheap role player who can step up if Love or Howard need a few games off. These guys are not easily replaceable with limited cap space after we obtain Love and Howard. The '17 pick is fun to fantasize about, but it might not pan out.
Ya Im gonna really strongly disagree here. The '17 pick is no sure thing, but it has a higher ceiling than literally any other asset we have. Its a star driven league. weve tried trading, we are about to try FA but if none of that pans out. Easily our best avenue for a true star is that pick. You dont trade it unless it brings back a true star.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:33 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I see Crowder and Olynyk as more valuable than the '17 pick, although I admit that may be short-sighted on my part. One is a cheap starter we're going to need in order to compete next year (very much doubt Brown is ready to start) and the other is a cheap role player who can step up if Love or Howard need a few games off. These guys are not easily replaceable with limited cap space after we obtain Love and Howard. The '17 pick is fun to fantasize about, but it might not pan out.

Crowder, perhaps. Olynyk, I don't agree. Too soft.

But, with Ainge your point about the draft pick is well taken.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 03:46:44 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

I see Crowder and Olynyk as more valuable than the '17 pick, although I admit that may be short-sighted on my part. One is a cheap starter we're going to need in order to compete next year and the other is a cheap role player who can step up if Love or Howard need a few games off. These guys are not easily replaceable with limited cap space after we obtain Love and Howard. The '17 pick is fun to fantasize about, but it might not pan out.
Ya Im gonna really strongly disagree here. The '17 pick is no sure thing, but it has a higher ceiling than literally any other asset we have. Its a star driven league. weve tried trading, we are about to try FA but if none of that pans out. Easily our best avenue for a true star is that pick. You dont trade it unless it brings back a true star.

I agree with you on everything, but how is Love not a true star? He's only 28 and still one of the top 5 PFs in the game.

I find it hard to believe anybody on here three years ago would have not been pleased with trading KG and Pierce for the third overall pick in 2016 and Kevin Love in 2016. The only thing that has changed is Cleveland has no idea how to properly use Love. Stevens will not repeat that mistake.