Author Topic: 10 mill offers to Dellavedova by Bucks and Detroit  (Read 5657 times)

Re: 10 mill offers to Dellavedova by Bucks and Detroit
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 09:21:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I cant believe this guy is shooting 40% from 3, such an ugly shot, and when he misses its not even close.
In fairness, you can say that about Olynyk too -- and he shoots 40% as well.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
wow.

barring a stud signing, this is why we need to keep our cap space for the year after next. let these other idiot teams burn out their cap with awful contracts, and we'll swoop in later on once cap space gets scarce again.

more amir/jonas-type deals in the meanwhile, please.

on a side note, the amir and JJ contracts are looking more valuable by the day. amir in particular is probably worth a late first-rounder, maybe more.

Good point.

I wonder whether this was a consideration in Danny setting his price in trades.

Are there any constraints on trading one or both by the deadline if we pick up the options? I could see a contender hit by injuries willing to give up a decent pick for either of them.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 10:31:52 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
All I can say is "lol"

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
If we thought last year's contracts got a little crazy, this shows that we're going to be seeing crazy money thrown around this offseason lol Delly probably isn't worth half of that.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Makes you appreciate the Bradley and Crowder contracts even more.
That was my first thought.  Next thought is rondo must be smiling or actually Rajon would be straight faced.
I mean he's a solid backup point guard but he really gets the most out of hustle and intensity.  For 90% of players that does not last forever.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Yet another guy who will enjoy the fruits of playing with LeBron. LBJ makes his teammates better and naturally some team will be stupid enough to pay that teammate a lot of money.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
wow.

barring a stud signing, this is why we need to keep our cap space for the year after next. let these other idiot teams burn out their cap with awful contracts, and we'll swoop in later on once cap space gets scarce again.

more amir/jonas-type deals in the meanwhile, please.

on a side note, the amir and JJ contracts are looking more valuable by the day. amir in particular is probably worth a late first-rounder, maybe more.

Good point.

I wonder whether this was a consideration in Danny setting his price in trades.

Are there any constraints on trading one or both by the deadline if we pick up the options? I could see a contender hit by injuries willing to give up a decent pick for either of them.

Don't know if this story is correct or not, but have no doubt that Danny and crew are thinking about the effect of the cap as well as fixed rookie scale in everything they. The AB deal was no mistake or outlier - the Cs knew what was coming.

In the draft-day deal the Sixers offered us for example, Noel was up for a max offer of as much as $27.5 million (25% x $110 million) next year .  It made a deal for the #3 virtually impossible unless Okafor or high future picks were also part of the trade package.

Cannot believe Noel will get the max, but we are going to see many shocking numbers the next couple of years with too much money chasing too few goods (talent), the classic economic definition of inflation. We will continue to see massive inflation until the dumb clubs spend themselves back into cap hell again. Of course, the NBA owners may suddenly become supremely disciplined about their spending, but they never have and likely never will.

Elite players like KD will still be worth what they are paid, but mid-level talents are going to be overpaid. One last thing, the Celtics and other clubs who managed their cap situation intelligently were shafted by the way the cap increases from the new TV deal were implemented (was the union’s fault). Probably set the rebuild back at least a couple of years because otherwise, we would have plenty of cap the next couple of years compared to most teams.