Author Topic: Is it arrogant for KD to hold court in NY  (Read 1104 times)

Is it arrogant for KD to hold court in NY
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
and have suitors come bow before him? Honestly? Shouldn't the one seeking a job go to the interview?

Frankly, apart from that doesn't he want to visit the facilities of his future employer and get a feel for organization he is going to and how they are set up together with other logistics such as proximity of practice facilities to the arena to his preferred living quarters?

The fact that he is not interested in these details tells me that he may have already made up his mind, and this is all about show OR he truly only wants to go to a team that guarantees him a ring.

Re: Is it arrogant for KD to hold court in NY
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »

Offline adam.jones614

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
It's standard practice for NBA players. In fact a lot of non stars don't even have a face to face. Details are sent to agents who relay info to the players. All other communications are over the phone.

It's crazy to expect KD to fly all over the country within a week to hear a bunch of offers. Lamarcus did last year but they were all west coast teams.

Edit: He also has a shoe launch in NYC on July 2nd

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:37:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I wonder if he picks a winner in this round, or he eliminates 3 or 4 and then does more in depth interview with the remaining 2 or 3.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:04:42 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I wonder if he picks a winner in this round, or he eliminates 3 or 4 and then does more in depth interview with the remaining 2 or 3.

I think that's the plan.  Figure out who you really like, then visit them.  No point in visiting 6 teams spaced all over the country
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 11:08:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Pretty sure NY is where RocNation is located
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 11:23:30 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Flying from one city to another is an exhausting task. I think its a practical move to call all the team's representative in one location.

And as the poster said, Jay-Z, the Roc Nation's president is a Brooklyn native and set up their office there.