Author Topic: Trade and FA Idea. KD+ more.  (Read 1291 times)

Trade and FA Idea. KD+ more.
« on: June 26, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I know some of you are tired of the KD scenarios but I don't know if this one has been covered before.

First the trade it's a big one that many won't like.
Crowder, AJ, Rozier, Young, Grizzlies 1st, and Clippers 1st for Milsap.

I know this is an overpay but Milsap is a legit All star big man. Having him over Crowder makes some sense if team is bringing in KD and Brown is coming off bench. Atlanta does this to lower long term cap, aquire more 1st and give them flexibility over next 3 years as they begin their rebuild. (Crowder and two 1st may be enough in some people's eyes alone given Milsap cap #.)

With Milsap on board KD may like C"s better than Thunder. And if he signs at 25 million there will still be 15-18 million left to sign Hordford, Pau, Howard or Whiteside. C's also having developing players and more picks coming that show long term team growth. More stronger over three + years compared to Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and the rest of the "6". This with the Coach, DA and franchise history should get KD on board. Once he is in I'm sure the team together can get Hordford to sign at a reasonable rate.

IT, AB, KD, Milsap, Hordford (75 million)
Smart, Hunter, Brown, Mickey, KO (13 million)
Jackson, Zizic, Bentil (1.2 million)

So that is the squad with exepected cap #s/holds for each grouping. Team can still bring in  2 vets as well if they sign for mins. Id like Marvin Williams and Stat.

As a fall back to Milsap I'd offer something similar for upper level big man. Targets such as Favors, Cousins, Griifin and Gasol yet I think Hawks are ready to rebuild.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:15:21 PM by Csfan1984 »

Re: Trade and FA Idea. KD+ more.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 05:51:14 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Would love to add Milsap if possible.  Would prefer him to Horford.  If we are lucky enough to get KD I think we need to try hard to add a proven big man.  Heck, we need to add a big man regardless, but I love Milsap.

Would much prefer to do the deal without Crowder though.  He is under contract for four more years and defines the toughness we need on this team.  Even if he moves to the bench he is still our sixth man, plenty of room for him over a 48 minute game.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Would love to add Milsap if possible.  Would prefer him to Horford.  If we are lucky enough to get KD I think we need to try hard to add a proven big man.  Heck, we need to add a big man regardless, but I love Milsap.

Would much prefer to do the deal without Crowder though.  He is under contract for four more years and defines the toughness we need on this team.  Even if he moves to the bench he is still our sixth man, plenty of room for him over a 48 minute game.
I would deal Crowder for a very good big man. Especially since technically C's could be selling high. This year is Crowder's only great year who knows if he will regress. And as I said KD and Brown at SF means no need for Crowder. While rumors were all about getting a wing I feel that was the wrong direction for the C's. They need to trade for a established all star level big man.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:49:02 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 06:22:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Millsap is awesome, but if KD wanted this, why wouldn't he just sign with Atlanta?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Millsap is awesome, but if KD wanted this, why wouldn't he just sign with Atlanta?
Oh you know IT, Smart, AB, DA, Celtics franchise, Boston, future assets, BS and so on.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Oh you know IT, Smart, AB, DA, Celtics franchise, Boston, future assets, BS and so on.

True. Atlanta would just barely be able to afford a max contract for Durant if they waived their rights to all of their free agents not named Horford, though they still might have to lose a couple of their cheaper players, too.

Also, you're not getting Al Horford for anything less than the max. He'll probably have half a dozen max contract offers from around the league, so he's not signing with us for less. You'd have to get Durant AND Horford first then try to trade for Milsap, though that'd take a lot of salary.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

True. Atlanta would just barely be able to afford a max contract for Durant if they waived their rights to all of their free agents not named Horford, though they still might have to lose a couple of their cheaper players, too.

Also, you're not getting Al Horford for anything less than the max. He'll probably have half a dozen max contract offers from around the league, so he's not signing with us for less. You'd have to get Durant AND Horford first then try to trade for Milsap, though that'd take a lot of salary.

Not a max guy talent wise or injury history. 15-20 per is very good for him if he can get that.