Author Topic: houston we got a problem  (Read 9861 times)

Re: houston we got a problem
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
They can play because they are not under contract for next season in Europe.  The question was if Ainge could work out a deal to satisfy their agents.  Why should these guys risk injury in the SL without a contract?  They aren't looking for work like some players just trying to hook up with a team.  It is a big risk to them.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 11:58:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yabusele and Zizic may very well have been drafted because the C's don't want them here this year.  The Celtic's know all about their contracts and drafted them probably as much because of those contracts as their actual talent.  It may be very hard for them to force the C's to bring them to the NBA this year or even next and that may very well be exactly what the C's want.

Lol.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 04:23:30 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Yabusele and Zizic may very well have been drafted because the C's don't want them here this year.  The Celtic's know all about their contracts and drafted them probably as much because of those contracts as their actual talent.  It may be very hard for them to force the C's to bring them to the NBA this year or even next and that may very well be exactly what the C's want.

Lol.
I guess you must not understand the situation?  The C's have 9 players under guaranteed contracts for next year already, that is before the draft.  Brown will make 10.  If the C's do not sign Bentil, Jackson and Nader to contracts by I believe by the start of the NBA year they will be unprotected in the D league.<Not exactly sure the rules on that.  Nader likely will just go to the D league.  Bentil and Jackson may very well get minimum rookie contracts.  If Bentil and Jackson sign you have 12 under contract. 

If Zizic and Yabusele were to stay in NBA this year you would be at 14 having no room for Turner, Sully, Amir, Jerebko, Zeller or whomever else the C's want to sign.  Both of them are under contract in Europe next year, Yabusele does have an NBA out clause, Zizic does not.  It is highly unlikely they were drafted with the intention of bringing them to the NBA this year.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
those two over in europe are fine ,i posted this because i wanted to see them in summer league and to have yabusele working in gym and with diet--ah well -

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
However will half the board dub them future Hall of Famers by August if they can't play in the Summer League?

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
They are able to wait on all these contracts until FA ends... then fill up roster spots

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 09:48:43 AM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Yabuschele will be back in France, Zizic is 50/50 at being in the NBA or in the Adriatic League again, Jackson will be fighting for a roster spot, Bentil will try to crack the end of the bench as well, and Nader goes to the D League without a contract for now.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 09:56:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Lol.
I guess you must not understand the situation?  The C's have 9 players under guaranteed contracts for next year already, that is before the draft.  Brown will make 10.  If the C's do not sign Bentil, Jackson and Nader to contracts by I believe by the start of the NBA year they will be unprotected in the D league.<Not exactly sure the rules on that.  Nader likely will just go to the D league.  Bentil and Jackson may very well get minimum rookie contracts.  If Bentil and Jackson sign you have 12 under contract. 

If Zizic and Yabusele were to stay in NBA this year you would be at 14 having no room for Turner, Sully, Amir, Jerebko, Zeller or whomever else the C's want to sign.  Both of them are under contract in Europe next year, Yabusele does have an NBA out clause, Zizic does not.  It is highly unlikely they were drafted with the intention of bringing them to the NBA this year.
Yabusele said the Celtics haven't talked to him about stash (but apparently he doesn't mind staying back), and Zizic is on record about looking to come over right away. At least one will probably not be on the roster -- and I'm guessing this means we'll keep Amir and Jerebko, since Turner has turned a bit redundant unfortunately.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Zizic and Yabusele will stash and that the only way Jackson or Bentil make the club is if Danny clears the road for them by dumping Hunter and Young thereby opening up roster spots. Danny isn't going to hand Stevens a 2016-17 roster that is filled with 10-11 players all in their first three years of their careers. Vets will be added to or kept on this roster. Not every young player just GETS a roster spot.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 12:00:35 PM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
If you plan on using someone as a draft-and-stash, are you allowed to have them play for your summer league team?  I didn't think you could.

Yes you are but, the team that holds contracts have to give permission

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 12:24:29 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
FWIW.

Nadler reportedly agreed to go elsewhere to play next season prior to the draft.

Supposedly Yabusele has agreed to stay overseas too, but Zizic would like to play here.

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol.

No, I'm familiar with the situation, but I just think that passing up talent like Caris Levert and Pascal Siakam at 16 and 23, respectively, is a mistake and should not have been done so just because of guys like Turner, Sully, Amir, Zeller, and Jerebko being free agents, who Levert and Siakam could have more than adequately replaced, imo, and for significantly less money, even though I don't really care about that last part.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 04:38:50 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
That's a bummer. I was looking forward to see them both play (especially Zizic as I'm curious to see if he could fix our "big man problem").
But has it been 100% confirmed yet?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I think this year we'll see neither Zizic nor Yabs.  Next year we'll have both.  No link just based on their youth and lack of space...suits both sides to do it this way.

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
No, I'm familiar with the situation, but I just think that passing up talent like Caris Levert and Pascal Siakam at 16 and 23, respectively, is a mistake and should not have been done so just because of guys like Turner, Sully, Amir, Zeller, and Jerebko being free agents, who Levert and Siakam could have more than adequately replaced, imo, and for significantly less money, even though I don't really care about that last part.

You'd rather give up 2 roster spots to guys who were *both* projected as 2nd round picks, completely messing up our offseason ability to sign anyone, instead of two euro stashes who were likely underrated because other teams don't have the flexibility to leave them in Europe? Obviously #16 was a bit of a surprise, but your alternative sounds awful. Zizic was almost universally rated higher than both of those guys, anyway, and actually fills a need.

And LaVert at #16? I know he's some people's binkie, but we're going to use a mid-1st rounder on a senior shooting guard with a serious injury history, who just had foot surgery a month ago, and we don't even have playing time for him if he gets healthy? Ugh.