Author Topic: If Boston didn't take Brown where do you think he would have gone?  (Read 29215 times)

Re: If Boston didn't take Brown where do you think he would have gone?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
As stated before, he was in the 3-8 range so that's where he would have ended up. I think Phoenix could have taken him #4 because they have decent but limited wings on their roster, but only they know whether or not they would have taken him had he been available.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I know that Ainge and McDonough both scouted Brown a few times. They both were spotted sitting together at both Cal vs Arizona & ASU games. Btw, Brown played horrible in those games, and that's why its important to see guys multiple times.

I know Powe was at a Cal game for something but Im sure he scouted Brown there too. That's at least 3 times they scouted Brown not to mention all the times Walton did games which Danny referenced.

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 05:43:26 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think Phoenix possibly were looking at him
I mean they ended up drafting 2 PF in the lottery
While their SF is only PJ tucker and TJ warren, they could have gambled with brown at 4 and selected chriss or bender with the other pick

I also hear that brown was working well in workouts
plus he was good in interviews as he was dressed professionally and was articulate with his answers
Also he said all the right things from a lottery pick like how he wanted to workout with the best prospects and wasn't afraid of going up against them unlike other lottery prospects

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 07:14:37 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
8-10.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
8-10.

How do you think the order would have gone? I struggle to see a scenario where both Denver and Sac pass on him. Especially as Sac decided to pass on Chriss and trade down. I don't think they'd do that with Brown, he'd fill a big need as a young wing on that roster.

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 11:05:24 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
4 Phoenix- Yes
5 Minny- No
6 NO- No
7 Den- Maybe, although they have Galinari
8 Phoenix- Yes
9 Toronto- Yes

IMO, Celtics would have had to take him at 3. If they drafted Dunn for a trade down + filler, they would have missed out on Brown.

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 11:08:41 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
4 Phoenix- Yes
5 Minny- No
6 NO- No
7 Den- Maybe, although they have Galinari
8 Phoenix- Yes
9 Toronto- Yes

IMO, Celtics would have had to take him at 3. If they drafted Dunn for a trade down + filler, they would have missed out on Brown.

I agree with this, Brown fills an immediate need and has very good potential. I believe you can still argue who is the BPA in my honest opinion but let's take a look at it this way

Minny already has Lavine and Wiggins, whether you think Brown is better or not, he doesn't fill "a need"

Phoenix and NO, and Denver seems they could also have used Brown's service and Phoenix picked twice, he would not have gotten past 8 in my honest opinion

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Top 8.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
It seemed like Brown was being projected in most mocks in the 7 or 8 range.  If Boston didn't take him at 3, would he have fallen to the Kings spot at 8. 

I was just wondering if Boston could have done the trade with the Sixers and then used 16 and some combination of 23, 24, 26 to move up to 8 to get Brown.  Imagine how much better the draft looks if Boston comes away with Brown and Noel and Covington and maybe a draft and stash guy. 

And yes I know that is a big what if, but just throwing it out there.

The toughest part to answer about this is everything changes once we take a different player. Do we take Bender? He probably goes 4 then. Do we take Dunn? He probably goes 5 then. It is pretty hard to imagine him dropping to 8 or 9 because he definitely was viewed as having a lot of upside.

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
7th or 8th:

3 BOS - A PF or Guard
4 PHX - PF
5 MIN - Guard
6 NO - Guard
7 or 8 - Whatever's left.

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 12:22:28 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 01:15:01 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm fine with Brown at #3.  The question is, should we have made a move up to #8 to draft Chriss?  Looks like Ainge wasn't a big enough fan or didn't have the assets wanted.

Let's look at the #8 trade for Marquese Chriss again.

Phoenix sends picks #13, #28, a 2020 2nd round pick and the rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic (former #27 pick) for pick #8.

Celtics could have offered pick #16, pick #23, and filler (a 2nd rounder, Chris Young or RJ Hunter).  If you are the Kings which offer do you prefer.  Was there even a discussion with the Celtics?

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I'm fine with Brown at #3.  The question is, should we have made a move up to #8 to draft Chriss?  Looks like Ainge wasn't a big enough fan or didn't have the assets wanted.

Let's look at the #8 trade for Marquese Chriss again.

Phoenix sends picks #13, #28, a 2020 2nd round pick and the rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic (former #27 pick) for pick #8.

Celtics could have offered pick #16, pick #23, and filler (a 2nd rounder, Chris Young or RJ Hunter).  If you are the Kings which offer do you prefer.  Was there even a discussion with the Celtics?

Bogdanovic is a player. So the Kings would still prefer Phoenix package there

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
8-10.

How do you think the order would have gone? I struggle to see a scenario where both Denver and Sac pass on him. Especially as Sac decided to pass on Chriss and trade down. I don't think they'd do that with Brown, he'd fill a big need as a young wing on that roster.

Kings have Gay/Casspi as threes now, and want spacing around Cousins. They would have moved Brown too, especially as they liked Bogdanovic and Big George