Author Topic: What do you semi realistically hope for and expect from Jaylen?  (Read 5105 times)

Re: What do you semi realistically hope for and expect from Jaylen?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 05:23:05 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I assume Turner is moving on to a better paycheck on another team.  So I'm expecting Jaylen to be crowder's back up.  I love his true sf size, athletic ability and he is not going to be playing as a #1, 2 or 3 option.  Just play within team game, fill lanes, play defense and rebound, points will come.
8 pts, 3 rbs, 1 assist is realistic for sub minutes
I think he pushes young and Hunter off team

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 06:30:22 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I think he'll contribute as much as Marcus smart his first year and that will be the progression.  By year three, he should be pushing to start if not already starting.  He reminds me a lot of smart with his drive and hustle.  Much like smart the question is whether they will or want to take it to the next level.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 07:02:08 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Top 5 Player in the league...

His words.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 07:03:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

His words.

Kobe Bryant? It's not that out of the question.

Jordan and Kobe couldn't shoot either when they were drafted. Their shot wasn't broken either.  It just took time.

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 07:04:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I hope for Kawhi Leonard.

My fear is Jeff Green or Nick Young or MKG.

My realistic expectation is maybe Gallinari. Maybe 75% of Kawhi or 105% of Wesley Matthews

I hope for Kawhi. I'd be fine with MKG because I think that's ultimately his ceiling.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2016, 07:08:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
he isn't MKG.  He had serious flaws to his game when he was drafted and was an overhyped prospect.  I think he's closer to Kobe and Mike than that.  Raw talents who just had to develop.  Brown can shoot.  MKG's shot was broken.

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
A trade chip for an Established Vet

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2016, 07:18:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hope for Kawhi Leonard.

My fear is Jeff Green or Nick Young or MKG.

My realistic expectation is maybe Gallinari. Maybe 75% of Kawhi or 105% of Wesley Matthews

Can I just ask you something, where in his game do you see Nick Young or Jeff Green? His floor comp should probably be like a bigger Tony Allen maybe since idk, they have similar strengths and weaknesses.
Bill Simmons actually said he saw a lot of Jeff Green and he watched him way closer than me. Nick Young is I think maybe another very athletic guy that kinda just can't put it together. I'm hopeful he'll be way better than that as I hear Jaylen is very intelligent. Nick young is my floor. I expect better of him than that.

First, I think everyone on this board knows Bill Simmons isn't a good basketball analyst. He's more of a entertainer, so I take his opinion with a grain of salt. By the way, he was the same guy who wanted the Celtics to offer Josh Smith the max on one of his podcasts.

Jeff Green literally had no heart. Also, he was a better shooter than Brown. I think people on this thread do not realize how quick Brown is which was the first thing I noticed watching him. I really think that is the most important thing, because a lot of players have good vert. You should listen to Adam Kauffman's interviews with the front office. The co-owner said his speed reminds him of Monta Ellis.

Nick Young is not close to the athlete Jaylen Brown is. Jaylen Brown attacks the rim and is not a shooter. Nick Young came into the league and basically would only shoot the ball, so I really don't see the comp at all.

I think a more athletic Marcus Smart would be a good comp as well.

Dude, I hope you mean figuratively and not literally or else it was really rude statement. The guy came back from a life-threatening condition. He deserves a lot of credit for that.

Anyway. I agree with the Crowder;floor, Leonard;ceiling comparisons. This basically means Iguodala, who I would be just fine with. I would love a prime version of finals NBA MVP on the Cs.

I'm not trying to attack you at all, I hope he is good too and there is a pretty good chance Brown never reaches his potential. However, his upside is very great and I'm happy to finally have a player on the roster who actually has the upside to be a franchise player. Finally the Celtics have a player we can all root for and hope he becomes a stud.

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08:50 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

His words.

Kobe Bryant? It's not that out of the question.

Jordan and Kobe couldn't shoot either when they were drafted. Their shot wasn't broken either.  It just took time.

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:56 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
He has a James Young floor and an RJ Hunter ceiling. 

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He has a James Young floor and an RJ Hunter ceiling.

Lol, TP ;D.

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2016, 07:43:28 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Did anyone hear anything about Brown making 3's in his Celtics workout? There were those reports about Jamaal Murrary and Buddy Hield making a ton but did anyone hear a number for Brown or if he did that particular drill? The reason I ask is that I thought I heard on a podcast or something that he made quite a few but I don't remember where I heard it and now can't find any information on it. So maybe I'm making it up in my head.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 07:45:47 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I think it was 76/100.   Which everyone discounted.... but the same people got excited when someone hit more.   Typical haters though...
Diggles

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 08:02:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I think it was 76/100.   Which everyone discounted.... but the same people got excited when someone hit more.   Typical haters though...
Thanks. I googled 'Jaylen Brown 76/100' which led me to a thread on Celticsblog. lol

This one: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85435.0
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I expect him to fit the defensive identity of this team.  Offensively if he can drive a little and make open shots out to three I'll be happy.