Author Topic: Is it just me or did this draft bring a bunch of posters out of the woodwork?  (Read 8906 times)

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Some of us actually put ourselves out there knowing the opinion will be unpopular with some. We don't lurk around and pretend to be something we aren't and then show up out of the blue to talk about how stupid people are.

By the way does anyone suppose Rick Pitino was here this week? Did anyone get a certain "The negativity in this town sucks and Bird isn't walking through that door" vibe? I kinda got that vibe.
TP eja.  I haven't seen you argue something so passionately since you defended the Star Wars prequels.
It's really simple. Hypocrites talk about "valid" but this week if you were an apologist for Ainge things went fine. If you were like "What? Seriously? No way" then the Pitinos came out of the woodwork to attack you. I didn't attack a single poster. I defended myself and hit back and some people kinda can't handle that.

Also the aliens thing is hilarious. Gotta give a dog his due.
i still say phantom menace sucked.

It was terrible, but at least it was better than Attack of the Clones
I'm bitter.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Some of us actually put ourselves out there knowing the opinion will be unpopular with some. We don't lurk around and pretend to be something we aren't and then show up out of the blue to talk about how stupid people are.

By the way does anyone suppose Rick Pitino was here this week? Did anyone get a certain "The negativity in this town sucks and Bird isn't walking through that door" vibe? I kinda got that vibe.
TP eja.  I haven't seen you argue something so passionately since you defended the Star Wars prequels.
It's really simple. Hypocrites talk about "valid" but this week if you were an apologist for Ainge things went fine. If you were like "What? Seriously? No way" then the Pitinos came out of the woodwork to attack you. I didn't attack a single poster. I defended myself and hit back and some people kinda can't handle that.

Once again you are completely out of your mind completely forgetting how much Jar Jar was in that film. However Qui Gon and Maul were awesome. I give it that.

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Once again you are completely out of your mind completely forgetting how much Jar Jar was in that film. However Qui Gon and Maul were awesome. I give it that.

I just think the whole horrible forced romance thing is even worse than Jar Jar
I'm bitter.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Mesa disagree!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

honestly I think they should have just taken more cues from the original trilogy.  Like in "A new hope", you expect Leia to end up with Luke, but in later movies she surprisingly ends up with Han.   They should have done something similar where in phantom menace you expect Padme to end up with Anakin, but in later movies she falls for Jar Jar. 

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I suggest you read the Reddit hole about Jar Jar being the phantom menice I.e. The ultimate Sith Lord. I'm on board with the theory.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think it's great to have more voices around here. There are a lot of insightful opinions on this blog, and I have yet to see a correlation between post count and post quality. I know that it was reacquiring Antione that brought me here, and if others are inspired to post by the draft, so much the better.

I don't love the insinuation that some of the less active posters are duplicate accounts or are less than truthful.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

TP. that film was completely incoherent. the other two prequels were just mostly incoherent. just one action scene after another, strung together by a plot that reads like a first draft from a hyperactive third-grader.

and hey, let's thrown individual actors in front of green screens and have them talk to ping pong balls, then expect them to be able to show complex emotions. what could go wrong?

the red letter media reviews for those films are amazing, though, much better than the actual movies. not only are they hilarious, but they break down the films in painstaking and informative detail. wonderful stuff. it might even help people understand the plot from "attack of the clones."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Seems this was quite the interesting event. Suddenly we've got guys with less than two hundred posts in here arguing about how terrible the Boston media is and telling us the plan is to get Horford and Durant.  Just guys I've never seen suddenly jumping in with both feet. Almost like they've been here a really long time or whatnot.  Makes sense.

Been here since '07 brah!  Way I see it, I could have said the same thing about u 4 yrs after I got here

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I've certainly seen a bunch more haters come out.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

But seriously I've been here almost 6 years and I have not a clue about what I'm talking about most of the time.

No one here has a monopoly on basketball intelligence, TBH. But I'd place the collective intelligence of this blog above ANY others out there.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I think it's great to have more voices around here. There are a lot of insightful opinions on this blog, and I have yet to see a correlation between post count and post quality. I know that it was reacquiring Antione that brought me here, and if others are inspired to post by the draft, so much the better.

I don't love the insinuation that some of the less active posters are duplicate accounts or are less than truthful.
Weren't you the one who said you were certain Celtics officials lurked here at times? I think you were. Maybe not in those exact words. By the way. Has anyone seen PLamb recently?

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Seems this was quite the interesting event. Suddenly we've got guys with less than two hundred posts in here arguing about how terrible the Boston media is and telling us the plan is to get Horford and Durant.  Just guys I've never seen suddenly jumping in with both feet. Almost like they've been here a really long time or whatnot.  Makes sense.
a

I am one of those "guys" but I have been following this site and these conversations for years... I started speaking before the draft..

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
a

I am one of those "guys" but I have been following this site and these conversations for years... I started speaking before the draft..
welcome to the party.

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
a

welcome to the party.

What is your avatar?