Author Topic: Is it just me or did this draft bring a bunch of posters out of the woodwork?  (Read 8969 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Seems this was quite the interesting event. Suddenly we've got guys with less than two hundred posts in here arguing about how terrible the Boston media is and telling us the plan is to get Horford and Durant.  Just guys I've never seen suddenly jumping in with both feet. Almost like they've been here a really long time or whatnot.  Makes sense.

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Seems this was quite the interesting event. Suddenly we've got guys with less than two hundred posts in here arguing about how terrible the Boston media is and telling us the plan is to get Horford and Durant.  Just guys I've never seen suddenly jumping in with both feet. Almost like they've been here a really long time or whatnot.  Makes sense.

Are we going to start discriminating based on post count now?  Every poster has just as valid a view as you or me.  Calling them out for not having many posts is just going to make this place a much less diverse place, and probably turn it into a bit (more?) of an echo-chamber
I'm bitter.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Are we going to start discriminating based on post count now?  Every poster has just as valid a view as you or me.  Calling them out for not having many posts is just going to make this place a much less diverse place, and probably turn it into a bit (more?) of an echo-chamber
Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitter.

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Some people have better things to do.  Get a life.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitter.
Ha, ha,  good retort eja.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Yes i've noticed that as well.  They seem to be the ones making ridiculous counter opposite threads to any thread that criticizes the draft.  That A+ grade for draft is the funniest. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:26:04 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I know what I thought was most hilarious. The one claiming to be Jaylen's classmate. I mean kinda funny he shows up after the draft and not before.  But hey. Thanks Jaylen's classmate. Go Cal!

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
I've been lurking since 2010, had an account since 2014, and have been posting from time to time since. Your 15,000 posts doesn't make you automatically more knowledgeable about anything, kid.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I've been lurking since 2010, had an account since 2014, and have been posting from time to time since. Your 15,000 posts doesn't make you automatically more knowledgeable about anything, kid.
No no no. There are guys here that work for the Celtics or are in the camps of these draft picks that know way more about basketball than me and then show up right after draft night to tell us Ainge got an A+ or something, and I completely admit they know more about basketball than I do. I never said anything about a correlation between post count and knowledge.

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I've had an account here since the Al Jefferson days. It's mind boggling to me how many posts some of you have.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I've had an account here since the Al Jefferson days. It's mind boggling to me how many posts some of you have.
So then I'm correct. The draft brings guys out of the woodwork. I suppose huge trades and the playoffs probably do as well

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
To me it speaks about a passionate fan base that's in serious disagreement with some of the ridiculous overreaction 'sky is falling' rhetoric that flooded the forum after the draft.

Also there are plenty of posters with 200 posts who've added a lot more constructive conversation to this board than some with thousands of posts
. Just because some people have more time to type about their favorite team doesn't mean their opinion or argument isn't valid lol.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
To me it speaks about a passionate fan base that's in serious disagreement with some of the ridiculous overreaction 'sky is falling' rhetoric that flooded the forum after the draft.

Also there are plenty of posters with 200 posts who've added a lot more constructive conversation to this board than some with thousands of posts
. Just because some people have more time to type about their favorite team doesn't mean their opinion or argument isn't valid lol.
To be fair I think a lot of people here (with various post counts...I don't want to be seen as discriminating or anything) somehow equate "valid" with "positive" or "constructive" with "agrees with me."

Did I make a "valid" post here? Was it "constructive" enough? Did this draft not bring posters out of the woodwork? Are we not happy to have Jaylen's classmate and long time lurkers posting?

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
So then I'm correct. The draft brings guys out of the woodwork. I suppose huge trades and the playoffs probably do as well

Of course, increased interest in talking about the team during the draft and free agency. Alot more to talk about now than before the draft when we're talking about the measurables of some honk that may or may not get drafted.

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
What a whiney little post this is. You're so cute. You and all your posts. Tell me, can you take them with you when you die? Do they get you any closer to the front office? Any closer to a valid opinion? No? Yea, I didn't think so.

You don't know any more than anyone else here. Your opionons aren't any more valid. And honestly, trying to flex you post count to gain respect screams of a 15 year old boy demanding his parents respect. Grow up.

The Celtics will be fine. There were no clear cut better options then what happened. It's okay to be upset, you're entitiled to that. But that is where your entitlement ends.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden