Author Topic: Horford is on Durant's list because C's are expected to go after him  (Read 9524 times)

Re: Horford is on Durant's list because C's are expected to go after him
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I'm just not sure how much Horford would attract Durant here.
They aren't best friends and Horford really isnt that good.
Millsap is the stud on that ATL team.

Horford isnikay but wouldn't move the needle too much for us as an Amir replacement.

I think Horford compliments Durant better than Curry/Thompson. There's not a lot of talent at the 4/5. Horford is a solid vet who is respected among his peers. I can easily see Horford on Durant's list.

We are in the east, solid coach, great role players, great tradition... what more does he want?

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Horford isnikay but wouldn't move the needle too much for us as an Amir replacement.

I think Horford compliments Durant better than Curry/Thompson. There's not a lot of talent at the 4/5. Horford is a solid vet who is respected among his peers. I can easily see Horford on Durant's list.

We are in the east, solid coach, great role players, great tradition... what more does he want?

I'm not sure about that. Having the 2 best shooters in the nba next to you for spacing is hard to beat. Then a big guy like Green that can shoot and play the 5...
I just don't know how realistic a championship is with a declining Al Horford as your 2nd best player.
Same goes for IT.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 07:40:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I'm not sure about that. Having the 2 best shooters in the nba next to you for spacing is hard to beat. Then a big guy like Green that can shoot and play the 5...
I just don't know how realistic a championship is with a declining Al Horford as your 2nd best player.
Same goes for IT.
But the thing is the c's will likely have another max contract next year and brk 17,18 and jaylen brown as trades chips to add around our core.....

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Same goes for IT.
But the thing is the c's will likely have another max contract next year and brk 17,18 and jaylen brown as trades chips to add around our core.....

Well if we add Horford and Durant, that will max us out cap wise,  and then we'll have to pay IT what he's worth in 2018.

Just not sure if that squad is better than the current LA Clippers squad.
Giving Horford the contract he'll want is like paying a guy who's a borderline All Star the equivalent of superstar money.
Horford should only be signed if Durant makes it a condition of joining the C's.
My argument is that Durant isn't that smitten with Horford and therefore we don't need to blow $25 million+ on his declining game.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.