Author Topic: Horford is on Durant's list because C's are expected to go after him  (Read 9490 times)

Re: Horford is on Durant's list because C's are expected to go after him
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 09:07:49 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Celtics have money to spend and even in the likely event that Durant doesn't come here, Horford seems one of the two or three best options to give it to.

All this talk from people about "well, he's not worth the max" is ludicrous -- with the rising salary cap, at least a dozen guys are going to get the max this free agent season.

Noah potentially getting the max (though Washington has debunked that) is ludicrous.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 10:01:31 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If Harrison Barnes is worth the max, then so is Horford. We will see a marked improvement on our performance by just adding Horford alone. I don't think he'll be enough to beat Cleveland, but we will likely be the favorite for the 2nd seed, over Toronto.
- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 10:22:46 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I would wait for Durant to sign to a team first, if I were Horford.

There are few teams that can accommodate two max players under their cap. The Celtics are one of them, and the only team on Durant's current list. Horford knows he might tip the scales.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

There are few teams that can accommodate two max players under their cap. The Celtics are one of them, and the only team on Durant's current list. Horford knows he might tip the scales.

Unfortunately I think the Knicks can as well and have already said they are targeting Noah. The Knicks ARE getting their meeting with Durant. They play in NYC and they have D Rose, Porzingis and Carmelo already. Obviously I don't think they are very good but if they get Noah or Horford that seems to be a pretty good group to possibly attract Durant. I don't understand how so many people just discount the Knicks as players for Durant.

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Unfortunately I think the Knicks can as well and have already said they are targeting Noah. The Knicks ARE getting their meeting with Durant. They play in NYC and they have D Rose, Porzingis and Carmelo already. Obviously I don't think they are very good but if they get Noah or Horford that seems to be a pretty good group to possibly attract Durant. I don't understand how so many people just discount the Knicks as players for Durant.

May is not the same as are.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 02:31:42 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
So because the Celtics are going after Horford that means he's on Durant's list ? That's a bunch of crock

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 02:36:14 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Hopefully Horford doesn't hold grudges..."Horford is not a great player"--Tommy
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 02:51:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

First off, there's absolutely no reputable source that says that KD will visit New York and give them a meeting. So saying that they are is nothing more than speculation.

Second, it's virtually impossible for them to get both Durant AND Noah, let alone Horford. From what I remember, they only have $35M in cap room WITH ONLY LIKE 4 PLAYERS on their current roster! lol Durant will cost $26.4M himself, so unless they convince Noah or Horford to take less than $9M, they're not getting anything.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 02:52:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
So because the Celtics are going after Horford that means he's on Durant's list ? That's a bunch of crock

Combined with Lowe's report several months ago that Horford was on the short list of players that Durant would want to play with, and, yes, this does hold water.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Durant isnt meeting with them. This means the 6 teams he is meeting with would have to blow it and even then why in Gods name would he go to NY to play with Melo and Rose.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
The Knicks aren't getting Durant and I doubt they even get a courtesy meeting.  I'm sure Durant wants to stand behind the three point line while Carmelo and Rose dribble the air out of the ball.  He might as well stay in OKC if he wants to watch someone else shoot 9 out of ten times.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 03:53:52 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

The Knicks aren't on the list of 6. It would take a miracle for a team outside that list of 6 to go from 'not even initially considering' to 'that's where I am going.'

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This comes from an article in the Oklahoman:

Golden State and Miami will be the most likely landing spots for Kevin Durant should he choose to leave Oklahoma City as a free agent, according to an agent speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"Golden State and Miami become the only real players," the agent said. "It's too hard to justify a move to Los Angeles [Lakers] or New York because they are not close to winning. Houston's out." To be clear, this is just the viewpoint of another agent in the NBA, and this agent does not have any direct knowledge regarding Durant's decision making. That being said, the logic here is sound, as it wouldn't make much sense for KD to opt to go through a rebuild at age-27 having never won a championship.

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Golden State and Miami will be the most likely landing spots for Kevin Durant should he choose to leave Oklahoma City as a free agent, according to an agent speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"Golden State and Miami become the only real players," the agent said. "It's too hard to justify a move to Los Angeles [Lakers] or New York because they are not close to winning. Houston's out." To be clear, this is just the viewpoint of another agent in the NBA, and this agent does not have any direct knowledge regarding Durant's decision making. That being said, the logic here is sound, as it wouldn't make much sense for KD to opt to go through a rebuild at age-27 having never won a championship.

This is the OPINION of ONE anonymous agent.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 04:02:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Why would Durant go to Miami?  Wade is on the decline and Bosh has had season-ending medical issues two seasons in a row.  People think Riley is some sort of magic man but they forget that LeBron, Wade and Bosh decided to team up themselves.  Riley was just in the right place at the right time.

Mike