Author Topic: Horford is on Durant's list because C's are expected to go after him  (Read 9491 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Darren Wolfson: Heard today Wizards/Celtics/Heat also expected to be in mix for Horford. #Twolves likely call. But won’t get him. twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/… 6 hours ago – via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP

First official rumor that mentions Horford as a target

Let's get this done Danny!

Re: Horford is on Durant's list because C's are expected to go after him
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 02:18:47 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Regardless of whether Durant comes here or not, Horford would be a terrific addition.

- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:28:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Wait there's no mention of Horford being on KDs list? Do you mean this rumor that leaked months ago? I'm not buying it.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 02:31:32 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wait there's no mention of Horford being on KDs list? Do you mean this rumor that leaked months ago? I'm not buying it.

Well let's see C's are one of six teams to get a meeting with Durant, and are the only team that can offer 2 max contracts. Now they are expected to go after Horford. Danny is not signing Horford to a max unless that's what Durant wants IMO

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 02:35:17 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
I will ONLY sign a max contract for Horford if Durant comes.
Otherwise, Horford is not worth the max.

He could wow me if he is playing like his pre-injured days again under that max $$$ though! But this only works if Durant + Horford are both on the Celtics, nuff said.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 03:33:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In this cap environment Horford is absolutely worth the max whether or not Durant is also on the roster. The question is whether he will be worth the max on the third and fourth years of his deal. It seems likely he won't, but if he ages gracefully and avoids major injuries he might not be an enormous overpay.

He'd be an amazing fit with the Celts current roster, aside from being a relatively weak rebounder for a center.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 04:03:22 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
In this cap environment Horford is absolutely worth the max whether or not Durant is also on the roster. The question is whether he will be worth the max on the third and fourth years of his deal. It seems likely he won't, but if he ages gracefully and avoids major injuries he might not be an enormous overpay.

He'd be an amazing fit with the Celts current roster, aside from being a relatively weak rebounder for a center.

Lol, in no cap environment is Horford a max player, imo - Durant or not.  Pass.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 04:09:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Oh Horford is a max player. The only thing not decided on the subject is which team Horford is going to allow to pay him that max.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 04:12:20 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Oh Horford is a max player. The only thing not decided on the subject is which team Horford is going to allow to pay him that max.

Lol, at his age and with his injury history, Horford puts the 'max' in 'betamax' ;D.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 04:13:02 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I would wait for Durant to sign to a team first, if I were Horford.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hopefully Horford is in contact with Durant (and IT is in contact with both of them). This could be a really special summer.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 05:39:21 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Didn't Miami trade for draft pick, Shapazz Napier a few years ago because Lebron liked him. Then, Lebron went and signed with Cleveland. We wouldn't want a similar occurrence to happen with Horford. Plus, after watching the Atlanta series I wouldn't go near Horford with a max contract offer.   

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Genius move by Horford s agent- start a rumor that Horford is on that list.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'd take him for the max at 12:00AM on July 1st regardless of whether we have a commitment from Durant or not. He's an upgrade over anyone we have at the position, and it's clear at this point that a commitment from him bolsters our pitch to Durant. We can sit around pinching pennies all we want, but the bottom line is that anyone we sign is going to get paid.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Genius move by Horford s agent- start a rumor that Horford is on that list.

I don't think they said he was on the list KD gave out. It was reported around the deadline that KD has wanted to play with Horford, and thats why there were trade rumors with Boston getting him. This wouldhave given DA more wiggle room in FA to grab an other player. But we also would have been a couple players short.