Author Topic: Ben Bentil reminds me of Antoine Walker  (Read 1108 times)

Ben Bentil reminds me of Antoine Walker
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:48:35 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'm watching Bentil highlights and this thought popped into my head. I think Antoine Walker would be a realistic sealing for Bentil. Ideally with better shot selection and defensive effort.

But his skills on the offensive end remind me of Walker quite a bit.

Re: Ben Bentil reminds me of Antoine Walker
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Nah, I think he's more like a faster, quicker, and more athletic version of Maurice Speights with superior footwork, if that makes any sense.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:33:31 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
A better version of Brandon Bass ?

Love this stat though regardless of his NBA comp....

" Bentil was one of nine players in college basketball this season to make 50 3s, block 30 shots and grab 30 steals, which goes to show his overall lateral athleticism as well as his ability to shoot from distance "

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I could be very wrong but Bentil to me is that under the radar guy who ends up being something. He was the only pick I predicted so he is the next ... Half truth.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
That could be cool. I always wondered how 'Toine would do in Brad's system. Everyone used to accuse him of jacking 3's all the time....now it's a huge part of the game. Modern Day Antoine could be fun in the CBS system.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:46:06 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
That could be cool. I always wondered how 'Toine would do in Brad's system. Everyone used to accuse him of jacking 3's all the time....now it's a huge part of the game. Modern Day Antoine could be fun in the CBS system.

But he wasn't good at jacking threes.  Modern day Antoine would be as fun as Sullinger jacking threes in the CBS system.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:27:24 PM by LooseCannon »
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 08:54:39 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

Modern day Antoine would be just as excruciating to watch as ancient-day Antoine. It wasn't his taking threes that was the problem, back in the day, it was his missing threes.