Author Topic: Anyone else tired of the Durant chasing?  (Read 3875 times)

Re: Anyone else tired of the Durant chasing?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
No. I'm thrilled that we're but one of six teams allowed to pitch to him.

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I am tired of folks acting like we are favorites to sign him with lineups and the like.
^this

would be a fantastic addition, that would make the next season exciting. But I do not believe it is happening, until I see it happen.

I don't mind the lineups and the like, I just think it's like buying a Powerball ticket during a big jackpot.  You know the odds, you know you're probably not going to win, but it's still fun to dream about what you'll do with all that money, what's the first thing you'll buy, how you'll quit your job, etc.  That's what I thinks going on here with all the Durant talk.  Not that people here really think the odds are in our favor, but it's just fun to dream.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 12:36:33 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Nope.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I don't mind it.  Hopefully it pays off.  But I'll tell u one thing, IF we do get him, he is not a savior.  I was very unimpressed watching him in the playoffs.  Just from watching him in the playoffs ( I was interested because of the potential C's connection) he sure looked way way over-hyped to me.

Oh, he'll make us better but there will be a lot more work to do and a lot of time before they become championship contenders.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

So much this. I love the excitement it is bringing. When is the last time a big time free agent has even had a .001% chance of signing with us?
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

So much this. I love the excitement it is bringing. When is the last time a big time free agent has even had a .001% chance of signing with us?
when was the last time the celtics had the money to entice a big time free agent?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2016, 02:01:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

when was the last time the celtics had the money to entice a big time free agent?
last season.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2016, 02:04:11 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

last season.

Money doesn't matter. You will make room if a big time free agent wants to come there. What matters is that you are desirable to said free agent.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Anytime your team is mentioned you get excited.   Getting sick is fans mentioning it...... but not when teams/gm or players mention your team.  Thats when it becomes more real.   

I get sick of casual fans thinking they know more than the GMs and players.  Which tends to be 80% of the posters on here. 

Diggles

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 02:33:13 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I don't mind it.  Hopefully it pays off.  But I'll tell u one thing, IF we do get him, he is not a savior.  I was very unimpressed watching him in the playoffs.  Just from watching him in the playoffs ( I was interested because of the potential C's connection) he sure looked way way over-hyped to me.

Oh, he'll make us better but there will be a lot more work to do and a lot of time before they become championship contenders.

This is the reason why I never completely dove into the KD chase. Even if we do get him, a team with KD as their absolute best player is not going to win it all. He can get you pretty close, but I just don't feel confident in him carrying a team in the finals.

Maybe playing alongside an elite center will make a difference, who knows.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
OMG - shut down this thread now! What if Durant sees the title while cruising CB and thinks he may not be wanted? We all need to be united on Durant coming to town.

In response to the actual thread title, only 369 more days (because he will likely do a 1/1 with OKC).

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 02:39:25 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I am tired of folks acting like we are favorites to sign him with lineups and the like.

Who said they are the favorites?

Why, I did, sir!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.